Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Goal setting
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:25 pm 

Hey guys, can you tell me what kind of method/format you use for setting goals? E.g. how many do you have, do you set deadlines etc.

There are tons of different approaches out there, I'm just curious what people in here think on the subject.

Does anyone here shun goals in favour of the 'let go and trust things will work out' approach?

Does setting goals in relation to meeting women help keep you focused, or just create neediness?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Goal setting
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:52 am 
Quote:
Does anyone here shun goals in favour of the 'let go and trust things will work out' approach?
Depends on what the goals are. I have goals as far as my fitness, becoming stronger and in better shape, stuff like that. That stuff comes naturally though.
Quote:
Does setting goals in relation to meeting women help keep you focused, or just create neediness?
When you stop worrying about meeting women, this also comes naturally.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 am 

Setting goals in relation to meeting women is synonymous with neediness dude, forget about it. :lol:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:35 am 

Alchemist wrote:
Setting goals in relation to meeting women is synonymous with neediness dude, forget about it. :lol:
Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 pm 

Yup! Setting goals to meet women makes you invested in women and outcomes by default. Just let it go and let it flow. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:48 pm 

Gotta double post because the edit button seems to be on a timer. :?

For example, when I met my keeper...meeting a woman was the last thing on my mind. I was at a family get together at a friend's house...I was tired, relatively unkempt and wearing some old basketball shorts and a T-Shirt. She was an unexpected guest of my friend's sister. Little did I know... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
when I met my keeper...meeting a woman was the last thing on my mind. I was at a family get together at a friend's house...I was tired, relatively unkempt and wearing some old basketball shorts and a T-Shirt. She was an unexpected guest of my friend's sister. Little did I know... ;)
The best way.

One of my recent ones, I had been gardening all day, was covered in dirt/mud/dust, unkempt hair, old dirty ripped jeans (through age and work, not bought ripped), an old t-shirt with loads of holes in it. Very tired and worn out, thirsty and aching.
Contrasting this was my thin framed glasses, which attract some interesting comments. So there was this dirty, tired guy and these spotless spec's.

I went into the kitchen and realised I had no food as I had forgotten to go shopping, due to being focussed on getting a part of the garden finished off, time to slap forehead.

So, got in the car and drove to the local supermarket, as I was, trawled round there to find something to eat, could not find anything that tempted me, so was resigned to going to the local chinese on the way home.

Picked up a few essentials for the morning - bread, milk, eggs and pate.. real basic..

Was utterly focussed on getting what I needed and leaving.. could not tell you if there was another person in the store.

So, stood in the 'basket only' queue, zoned out totally, waiting for my turn so I could get the hell out of there, grab some food from the chinese, go home, shower and sit down to relax and eat.

Then I heard the immortal words 'What an interesting selection, is that your dinner?'
I turned round to face who had said them and watched her light up.

We enjoyed a nice meal that evening. She went to pick it up while I cleaned up, did not ask for any money, simply asked me what I wanted and where the chinese was, drove to it, ordered it and waited for it, returned back to mine in time for me to finish showering and clean up. Perfect timing.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:04 pm 

Just another day in the life. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
ironically, i feel abit overwhelmed because of that, nothing to worry, nothing to ask for advice.

about goals

today i'm gonna eat a hamburguer alone, it's been a time since i tasted one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Yup! Setting goals to meet women makes you invested in women and outcomes by default. Just let it go and let it flow. 8-)
Indeed, because GOALS DETERMINE MEANING AND VALUE
automatically.

For example, if one sets MONEY as a goal, everyone else will eventually
look like a dollar sign.

Making service to other people as a goal is what makes the money come
to you, as a consequence of that service. More people to serve=more money.
If one wants to earn less, then just diminish the service...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 am 

I learned a visualisation technique from Paul McKenna about goal setting.

Visualise your time line going from past to present to future with all the pictures of past experiences and experiences yet to be had, it might be ahead of you and behind you or to your left and to your right.

Visualise in excruciating detail (sights, smells, sounds etc.) of your goal having been completed in your future and float in to it and experience it as if its happening right now. Do this each time before you take an action on achieving your goal.
It got me a friend! Unfortunately we lost contact:P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:33 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vopCQfhJLUw