Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:03 pm 

I realised that with my life situation ATM, I have no real goals or motivations. I stopped drawing, it's no fun, I don't know what to draw and why should I even do it, no motivation.

For inspiration and out of curiosity I want to ask you guys, what are your goals in life, motivations for doing anything etc..

Because if it was only for me, I would only play games, go out with friends and go out with girls. But I've been told it's bad, so I don't know what else I should or anything.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:25 pm 

How old are you?

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:25 pm 

20, I'm young

Btw, I forgot to mention work.. Here in Czech Rep we end school sooner than americans etc

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
I stopped drawing, it's no fun, I don't know what to draw and why should I even do it, no motivation.
I gave you a drawing project, have you completed it yet?
fufe wrote:
Because if it was only for me, I would only play games, go out with friends and go out with girls. But I've been told it's bad, so I don't know what else I should or anything.
What is so wrong with that?

Who told you it is bad? Why do you believe them?

at 20 you are still young, you have much time to discover what you want to do.

Personally I have changed my goals a lot during my life... seems to go in cycles of 5-7 years or so. I still maintain an interest in some of the older things but with either a new slant or a new goal that takes me off in a different direction.

You could think of it as evolution of life goals and targets.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
I gave you a drawing project, have you completed it yet?
No. I'm sorry Peregrinus, but it was boring I would die in the procces. Not even drawing girls is fun for me these days, so no.
peregrinus wrote:

at 20 you are still young, you have much time to discover what you want to do.

Personally I have changed my goals a lot during my life... seems to go in cycles of 5-7 years or so. I still maintain an interest in some of the older things but with either a new slant or a new goal that takes me off in a different direction.

You could think of it as evolution of life goals and targets.
Now I'm confused. I have no more ideas about what I'm doing right or wrong, everybody says something diferent.. Inner wisdom says nothing to me, only thing I discovered through meditation was anger. Funny is, when I'm angry I feel most alive and myself, hilarious..

I feel like total idiot. How long is the "I don't know what now" time period between the 5-7 years of some goal ?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:44 pm 

I'll leave this to you, 'Grinus...I got called into work. :cry:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

peregrinus wrote:

Start by answering these.

Somewhere inside you know the answer, you haven't found the right question yet.
fufe wrote:
Now I'm confused. I have no more ideas about what I'm doing right or wrong, everybody says something diferent.. Inner wisdom says nothing to me, only thing I discovered through meditation was anger. Funny is, when I'm angry I feel most alive and myself, hilarious..
That is a good start. Like a blank sheet of paper, ready for anything that comes along.

Your inner wisdom should be saying to you 'dont worry what others are saying'

How about exploring your anger if that is the only thing that comes up?
Where does it come from?
What fuels it?
What purpose do you think it serves?
fufe wrote:
I feel like total idiot. How long is the "I don't know what now" time period between the 5-7 years of some goal ?
The time period is until something else comes up.
Sometimes it overlaps with the previous one, sometimes it does not.

Trying to force the next one does not work for me, it just comes up when I am ready.

I have gone several years without a solid goal when I was younger. Then one comes up due to something I was not expecting.

Other times I have many goals, which can be overwhelming.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:09 pm 

fufe wrote:
I realised that with my life situation ATM, I have no real goals or motivations. I stopped drawing, it's no fun, I don't know what to draw and why should I even do it, no motivation.

For inspiration and out of curiosity I want to ask you guys, what are your goals in life, motivations for doing anything etc..

I just want to be free and explore the world, I want to become a martial artist to get an understanding of what its like to be stronger and more disciplined. I guess my ambition is to experience the world before I die

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm 

I don't know answers for those questions yet, only about the anger.
My anger is mainly fueled and caused by my health. I have eczema most of the time, in spring and summer it's just only on my arms and hands, which look terrible but it's not that bad. In Autumn it spreads to my face, and last year I had all of my stomach are red and itchy like I don't know what - I couldn't sleep, I was depressed and angry every day for that period.
The worst thing about it is it is repetive, it has no cure and people find you disquisting. One girl even told me, she just can't touch me like that and she's sorry. I was like ok I get but I was so fucking mad at my condition you can't even imagine. Disease which has no cure is one of the most hopeless conditions I know. Not that there aren't people who live under worse circumstances than me, but this is not easy too.
And I don't know, I feel I'm doing the right thing when I'm little aggresive. I think it's actually my wild nature...

Edit: I realised something that may be helpful in understanding to you Peregrinus. When I'm aggrresive or angry or mad, I feel something like fire in my solar plexus and heart. But in a good way, it feel like I'm doing right thing, I'm the real myself and It's freeing. Like I dont know, life force ?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm 

i'm watching game of thrones and this is aconvesation that is inspiring to me
Quote:
‘Let me give you some council, bastard.' Lannister said. ‘Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Amour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.’ Jon was in no mood for anyone’s council.
‘What do you know about being a bastard?’
‘All dwarves are bastard’s in their father’s eyes.’
‘You are your mother’s trueborn son of Lannister.’
‘Am I?’ the dwarf replied, sardonic. ‘Do tell my Lord father. My mother died birthing me, and he’s never been sure.'
‘I don’t even know who my mother was,’ Jon said.
‘Some women, no doubt. Most of them are.’ He favoured Jon with a rueful grin. ‘Remember this, boy. All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs’ And with that he turned and sauntered back into the feast, whistling a tune. When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood as tall as a king.
Tyrion to Jon Snow

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 pm 

If you need inspiration this is giving me plenty of it...

http://www.animecrazy.net/hajime-no-ippo-episode-41/

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:41 pm 

Thanks for the Ippo, I've read all the manga so far and I've seen the series too. Great show, I always liked boxing

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 pm 

fufe wrote:
Main goal is to grow my business. For the short term purposes of it paying my bills, and to save some money.
Middlte term goals, is to make it more profitable over time and prepare it such that it's something that has value for someone to buy it.
Longer term goald is to sell it before I'm 40 years. Because I'm aiming and hoping at retiring at or before 40 years, or better said the be in a position to not having to go to work/do something so to pay my bills.

At the moment I'm highly doubtfull if this business can profide it. But I'll give it 2 (more) years to see how much I can grow it, and make it more profitable.

For me, only after a period of not having had sex (like a 2 months or so), I notice does motivation to go after girls arise.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm 

Hey Scarface that sounds good. What kind of business is it, if you don't mind sharing ? I was always amazed by people who have their own business, since I have no idea what kind of business I would make..

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm 

Self sacrifice to obtain one's dream this is what it means to live

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:45 pm 

fufe wrote:
What kind of business is it, if you don't mind sharing ?
Financial services branch, for privates and businesses. Accounting related work and mostly tax advice and forms.
fufe wrote:
since I have no idea what kind of business I would make..
As far as business goes, and maybe starting one for yourself. I have never came accross a better (audio) book, then the one from Felix Dennis. A multimiljonair form the Uk, that made his money in the magazine publishing business. It the best business advice I have ever listened to. (link to great interview about the book: http://www.inc.com/articles/2008/07/dennis.html
To add, since I'm talking about business anyways. About (managing) money, the best (audio) book I listened to, is "the millionaire next door". Really great, and challanging to the ideas I had before about millionaires.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 pm 

Fufe,

If money in time weren't an issue (or in other words - if you could have have or do anything instantly with no problem), what would you want to have, do or be?

I had two goals for years - the first is to be very rich, where the area of money in my life is completely handled, and the other one is to be incredibly successful with beautiful women.

Well, the universe sent me a gift related to the former goal, and I was presented to an excellent business opportunity. It's going pretty well, and I expect the goal to be achieved in a few years from now.

Deep inside, you know what you really want. You just don't believe it's actually possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:13 pm 

Bonder wrote:
Fufe,

If money in time weren't an issue (or in other words - if you could have have or do anything instantly with no problem), what would you want to have, do or be?

I had two goals for years - the first is to be very rich, where the area of money in my life is completely handled, and the other one is to be incredibly successful with beautiful women.

Well, the universe sent me a gift related to the former goal, and I was presented to an excellent business opportunity. It's going pretty well, and I expect the goal to be achieved in a few years from now.

Deep inside, you know what you really want. You just don't believe it's actually possible.
I've read things like this many times. Dude if I had that XXXX amount of money I wouldn't need to care about it, I would do what I'm doing right now. Playing online games, going out with friends, girls.
And the problem is not money but health. Only things that interest me really are parkour, paintball and martial arts like sambo. The problem is with eczema goes asthma too - I can't run shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm 

fufe wrote:
I realised that with my life situation ATM, I have no real goals or motivations. I stopped drawing, it's no fun, I don't know what to draw and why should I even do it, no motivation.For inspiration and out of curiosity I want to ask you guys, what are your goals in life, motivations for doing anything etc..Because if it was only for me, I would only play games, go out with friends and go out with girls. But I've been told it's bad, so I don't know what else I should or anything.
I can relate to this. I'm also 20 years old, still finishing up college but I still have no idea what my goal is. I think everyone's got their own path and nobody is in any position to tell you how to live your life. That being said, life is meaningless, but not in a negative way. Life is just meant to be enjoyed and as long as you can do that, that's it. Some people strive for goals, others don't. Just like the underachievers and overachievers in school, some people are just hard wired to be that way.

You draw,which is a form of art, and art can be incredibly frustrating at times. I produce electronic music in my free time and occasionally hip hop but only when I really feel like it. The motivation comes and goes so most of the time I take a break for a while and wait for it to come back. Don't give up on drawing completely, just take a break. It can be a year, two years, maybe more, but you don't have to quit.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:39 pm 

freespirit422 wrote:
I'm also 20 years old, still finishing up college but I still have no idea what my goal is.
Could it be coz they don´t give any education
about the importance of goals in the college?

Our schooling system is based on the presumption
that everyone is going to be a college professor,
and why is it that only after student is diagnosed
with ADHD or autism or asperger, they start to
take other career options into consideration?

Normal child who cannot stay focused at school,
is immediately diagnosed, when infact the student
may not be a professor but an ice-hockey champion.
There may not be anything "wrong" with the kid at all.

I saw an excellent speach about this on googlevids.