Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 pm 

i found this article about one of my favorite books, i wonder if all this thing about male initiation is true, that becasue of the lack of a strong male figure in our childhood when things go wrong we run to our mother arms, in adulthood we run to any female arms(looking for aproval needingness etcl) that we all hate rules and why is that i have some feeling of destruction?

http://mensstudies.wordpress.com/2008/07/20/rant-casey/

ps: i have a horrible hanghover :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 pm 

I firmly believe that every man alive should join their perspective military for at least 2 years. I was in for 10, and the US Army became my surrogate father. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the Army, and the experiences I went thru, I would NOT be the man I am today. There is no greater male initiation experience available in the world today.

The military gives you a whole new perspective on life. I know what would normally stress a person with no military background out isn't even a blip on my radar. Consider this: dealing with half the shit you HAVE to deal with in the military, talking to women suddenly becomes quite trivial. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

I would have agreed 10 or 20 years ago.

The armed services in the UK are just fucked up at the moment though, so cannot recommend the same strategy here.

I have known far too many people who have been chewed up, spat out and ruined by them, far more than really benefitted from them, at least in recent memory.

The ones that really benefitted were about 15-20 years ago backwards, who got out way before the current mess.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm 

Hmmm...well, since I enlisted almost 20 years ago, I will agree with this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 pm 

well Kidd,

I was also in the army for three years (in Israel) and I was a fighter. Cause in Israel everyone goes to the army for three years (but not everyone is a fighter....)

The army had some positive effects on me but also negative ones...

I won't go into too much details here but Me as well as other guys in my unit:
although we have been in dangerous situations and stuff, we still had fear around women, So I'm not sure about what you are saying...

I have also met a lot of Israeli guys in India (when I was doing my 5 months backpacking trip)
that were fighters in the army and then in India they got heavy into drugs.

There were some advantages to the army but also a lot of disadvantages. Of course I don't know how things are in the USA army I can only talk about my experience in the Israeli army.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:14 pm 

Sniper wrote:
well Kidd,

I was also in the army for three years (in Israel) and I was a fighter. Cause in Israel everyone goes to the army for three years (but not everyone is a fighter....)

The army had some positive effects on me but also negative ones...

although we have been in dangerous situations and stuff, we still had fear around women, So I'm not sure about what you are saying...

I have also met a lot of Israeli guys in India (when I was doing my 5 months backpacking trip)
that were fighters in the army and then in India they got heavy into drugs.

There were some advantages to the army but also a lot of disadvantages. Of course I don't know how things are in the USA army I can only talk about my experience in the Israeli army.

the problem is that the initiation is not easy, and it does't work if the initiator don't really care about your growth;,i think that kidd had enougth prescense to get into the experience,otherwise military push you their own beliefs for the sake of the army and not for your own growth so it won't free you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:57 pm 

rant wrote:
otherwise military push you their own beliefs for the sake of the army and not for your own growth so it won't free you
that's the problem. The military does not promote\nurture free thinkers...
since I was always a free thinker their robotic school of thought was not an easy thing for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:37 pm 

Oh, don't get me wrong...I shoulda got an Oscar for my Best Actor Performance when I was in...I learned quickly what to say and what not to say or do...and took what I needed and acted like I got everything else for the time I needed to. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 pm 

Sniper wrote:
i want to clear that it's not a how to overcome fear to women, it's to undertnd why is the fear, robert by says that we look for woman as our saviors and we look for the same safetely and nurchering that our mother provide us in childhood becasue our fathers fail to show us a rigth male model, to break the pattern we have to look inside of us , it's like tyler durden says in the movie "We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need. ...sorry for using movies as reference but it's suitable in this ocasion

i'm not saying that this is a fact but seems legit to me, and it encourage me to not be another betamale in the world