Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Recently I was asked a question, I considered it a good question. One that is talked about a lot around here, from different angles and views. I would like to thank the person who asked the question for getting my mind going :)

I took the time to answer it with thought and after consideration considered it worth posting here. I have included bits of this elsewhere in posts, not found myself explaining it quite like here before though.
Quote:
so I am asking you, how do you tap into your Sub conscious?
It might sound clichéd, the key in my view is to 'empty your mind'.

By this, I am not meaning no thoughts at all. Thoughts will happen.
I mean not hanging onto them, letting them come and pass.

Do not resist them and do not hang onto them.

Imagine sitting by a stream, you sit and watch the steam flow by. There are leaves on the water which come down the stream, you see them, you experience them being there however you do not reach out and grab them. While you would be grabbing one, you would not be experiencing the others, you would miss some, your focus would be on the one you are grabbing and then holding.

All of a sudden, you have gone from watching to participating, by this action you have changed things. I have written posts on this.

I have spent time getting to the point where I can enter this state pretty much immediately, putting things aside and seeing what comes down the stream of my mind, without grabbing them and holding onto them.

What I have found from this is that sometimes the leaf after the one you feel you should grab is more interesting than the one you were going to grab. If you grab the first one, you will miss the other.

The leaves will keep coming, sometimes there will be a big gap between them, sometimes they will come in a crowd. They will come though.

The leaves are the thoughts coming from your subconscious.

The thing that stops you seeing the leaves are all the other stuff that fill our thoughts.. Judgements, beliefs, negative reinforcements.

Once you get to the point where you let go of them and do not hold onto them, they flow away and you start to get glimpses of the leaves. The more you can let go and flow into that state the more clearly you will see the leaves.

Rather than looking at the leaf, trying to guess what type of tree it is from, labelling the colour and various other things. Really experience the leaf for what it is - a leaf.

I started doing this while sitting meditating, swimming, walking and other tasks where your mind is not really needed, it is to continue the task but there is no real 'thought' needed. Your mind will at first fill with all sorts of crap, gradually as you let go it will be less full - the mental 'chatter' will die down bit by bit. Then clear thoughts will start to come out. Once I got to a certain level I moved onto entering this state while being in the middle of a crowd, a shopping area, bar, work, anywhere.

You can sit and observe what is going on around you without judging or labelling or mentally holding onto anything going on around you.

You have thoughts (instincts) and you see them, you do not grab onto and hold them, you let them flow through you like leaves on the stream.

This allows the subconscious to flow out.

In a lot of senses, it is creating space for yourself.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

Last edited by peregrinus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

As rant also reminded me, in a post on another thread [Thanks for reminding me rant]

I posted this also, on the same subject: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 5617#p5617

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm 

very good stuff. Thank you for sharing :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Peregrinus is this the same thing for clearing emotional baggage, or just for practice entering my subconscious?

Like, what is the purpose of tapping in your subconscious? Create space... for what?
I don't know if it's the same as tunning (sorry if I am a semantic junkie), but I want to know if it's the same thing.

... It serve to that purpose of clearing, accepting, releasing... etc...?
Quote:
I practiced this yesterday before sleeping. And while I'm getting sleepy (REM phase) I started to feel the toughts, eventualy I got asleep. But before I get to dream I used one hawaiian technique that is called ho'oponopono, for relasing the thoughts of hers in my mind being at rest and clearing her of my memory.

This didn't work as I wanted, and this chick recurrently appeared in my mind, so I dream about her I dominate her in my dream. The story of the real life is that she got somewhat freaked out because I subtley had a sexual tone, then I realized she is more younger than I thought and I stopped all communication with her, I don't want any trouble with law whatsowever. But the thing is, this dreams are repetitive I want to know what it is, maybe because in real life nothing of what I wanted happened, and my mind wants to experience by any means necessary in a form of a dream.
PD.
@offtopic:
- I have watched the Matix movie, it's kinda cool. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Dali wrote:
Peregrinus is this the same thing for clearing emotional baggage, or just for practice entering my subconscious?
Like, what is the purpose of tapping in your subconscious? Create space... for what?
Dali wrote:
... It serve to that purpose of clearing, accepting, releasing... etc...?
Yes it can be used for clearing emotional baggage as well. I have used it for that.

If you read what I put, by not grabbing onto the thoughts as they come, by not resisting them, their true essence will reveal itself, they will distil down to the core issues.

In some ways you need to go through this to reach the real clarity, otherwise the baggage will keep resurfacing in your thoughts.

You can create this space for many purposes. Many more than I can think of to write here.

You can also throw something into the water and then see what comes up from it. Priming your experience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 pm 

O.k
Now I think I understand the statement " empty your mind, be formless , shapless like water!"
and " Don't concentrate on the Finger or YOU WILL MISS all the heavenly Glory!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

spaceman: Good going :)
I do not have a radio/music in my car.. I have a 35 min drive to work, it is always interesting and I do not miss the music at all. I recently did an 8 hour drive and still found plenty to observe and keep me amused without any music or passengers.

enelkei: There is much wisdom in those two sentences. Probably a reason why I find myself quoting them a fair bit :)
If you are understanding them more then I see that as a good thing.

rant: can we try and keep the threads relatively clean - one subject. If you post that question as another thread I will attempt to answer it. Then edit your post and remove it from this one please.. Otherwise the threads go all over the place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 am 

This is a really cool visualization. Try following the stream back to origin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 pm 

you can also notice your overall mood by looking at the flow of the rive/stream. if it's a smooth flow, you are calm, if it's rough, you get the picture.... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm 

I just wanted to bring that great post topic to the surface again!

I've been doing this for a few days now and its profound. I don't use any "letting go"-questions anymore, I just sit down and focus on being present. I start by just feeling my entire body, the feet first, the ancles, the legs and so on. Noticing how my body parts feel (we don't recognise that when we're in our heads), how they feel different, how there are sensations coming up and go.
And as Peregrinus writes "Thoughts happen" I still have thoughts in my mind but I allow them to flow by, they're just thoughts. It still happens that I hold on to a thought quite a lot but it gets easier to just focus on being present again. And if I get distracted by a thought thats not a big deal at all.
I combine it with letting stuff come up, I intentionally think about things like "what if every girl finds me unattractive" and I just allow myself to be present of the emotions that come up. And if I resist them I notice that and I just allow myself to resist and the resistance goes away almost instantly.

That was a huge lesson for me to learn since I was frustrated for the whole last year because I couldn't get rid of my emotions which I wanted to badly. I felt like the powerless victim of my own beliefs and emotions. Why was that? Because I didn't allow myself to just let them be there. Call it presence or acceptance or space.

Another thing is that I always searched for a method or a tool that could bring me instant results in releasing emotions. I didn't want to practice something. In other words I didn't have a very important virtue (which Kidd points out often): Patience. But it IS about practising. And the practicing itself is an adventure. You finally give yourself the opportunity to explore yourself. And this seems to be the REAL ground that is required to build up your authenticy from.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 am 

I had a really cool experience with this visualization. I followed the stream back to it's origin which was a cave and there were all these spiders trying to attack me. But I pushed through to see what was on the other side and it was a field. I was trying to figure out what they wanted so I thought maybe they were parts of myself. So I hugged one but it was still creepy so I threw it away. And my mind said you don't have to put up with them, they're just bullshit, they're not you. And a reflection of my self appeared but I was blue in the reflection.

It's interesting how your mind will play with it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

I did the same visualization yesterday, to let go of wanting woman and trying to trace the instincts of that needy thoughts... well I didn't saw nothing,... but I gues it was a mildly fine releasing, because I cannot help but laugh after that.

Yet while I did the excercise and I remembered all the girls that liked me, and trew themselves to me, and I LET GO OF THE FEELINGS AND THE THOUGHTS from not hooking up with them, and just watched and thanked this female people, more important just let go of my auto bashing towards me because I didn't hook up with them.

Then when I fell asleep my mind was like in a overdrive analytical dream, (sorry: I do not know how to explain it, it's was very very weird, talking about subconscious) ! Like dreams happening so fast, and strangely CARS so much cars in the dream. I never dream with cars! what the... :?:

I felt very different, like a grown man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm 

It's a reflection of your belief system and what you have been taking in lately...hence the term you are what you eat. I get those too, if I fall alseep with a problem I'll usually dream up a solution to the problem if I remember my dream.
Your subconscious is NOT what the self help industry leads you to believe.

If you don't normally dream of cars it's a clue..

Car(taken from dreammoods)

To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. If you are driving the car, then you are taking an active role in the way your life is going. However, if you are the passenger, then you are taking a passive role. If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.

To dream that your car won't start, indicates that you are feeling powerless in some situation.

To dream that you forgot or can't find where you parked your car, indicates that you are dissatisfied or unhappy with an aspect of your waking life. You do not know what you really want to do with your life or where you want to go. To dream that your car has been stolen, indicates that you are being stripped of your identity. This may relate to losing your job, a failed relationship, or some situation which has played a significant role in your identity and who you are as a person.

To dream that your car is overheating, suggests that you are expending too much energy. You need to slow down or run the risk of being burnt out. You are taking on more than you can handle. It is time to take a breather.

To see a parked car in your dream, suggests that you need to turn your efforts and energies elsewhere. You may be needlessly spending your energy in a fruitless endeavor. Alternatively, a parked car may symbolize your need to stop and enjoy life.

To dream that you are almost hit by a car, suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

To dream that you are unable to roll up the windows of your car, suggests that you are showing some hesitation and reservation about the direction that you are taking in life or the path that you have chosen.

To see a haunted car in your dream, represents unfinished goals. You had started off on a path or journey, but never reached the end. Perhaps life had taken you on a different direction that you had planned or intended.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Heh

Thanks for the notes, morpheus.

I will analize carefully. But I hope this are not truisms (dreammoods), like horoscopes and all that dubious blabber.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 am 

Good post there.

The nature of thought is interesting,
thoughts cannot be located anywhere, it is
as if they happen everywhere, not just
inside the head.

The mind itself is empty.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:29 pm 

Bump for the thread and this post from Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome wrote: *
Another thing is that I always searched for a method or a tool that could bring me instant results in releasing emotions. I didn't want to practice something. In other words I didn't have a very important virtue (which Kidd points out often): Patience. But it IS about practising. And the practicing itself is an adventure. You finally give yourself the opportunity to explore yourself. And this seems to be the REAL ground that is required to build up your authenticy from.
This resonates a lot with me because I used to jump around a lot and try different things, but never really stuck with anything long enough to see if it worked. This caused a lot of frustration and helplessness.

Practicing something or sticking with it long enough gives me the experience to actually see if I like it and if it's working or if it's something I want to stop.