Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:02 pm 

Defensive much, Golden Balls? ;)

That long windedness betrays you. :lol:

...and you know what the hell I mean. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Defensive much, Golden Balls? ;)

That long windedness betrays you. :lol:

...and you know what the hell I mean. :geek:
Will reflect on it :ugeek:

Back to Kaiji I go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm 

guys you just made my work hard cause im going to need to edit this thread. anyway i cant write a lot now with my iphone but big man: i will say that if i had not read the manipulated man and esther's second book and the great female con- i would have not underdstood well what you are talking about....

Of course experince is also importent and i went out and observed and tested everything.

i think that knowlage is power of course as long as you use it with experince.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm 

Of course knowledge is power...but eventually, the pursuit of knowledge on top of an established knowledge base leads to a stagnancy that is fueled by a 'knowledge addiction'. It's an insidious stagnancy...more like a fear or inability to act BECAUSE you know 'too much'. This is what is detrimental to personal growth.

Just be mindful fellas...don't get so enthralled in how many ways something can be viewed to the point that you forget why you went in search for answers in the first place. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:03 pm 

Kidd wrote:
Some people get stuck in this hamster wheel of information...they lose themselves in trying to understand something completely from as many angles that possibly exist. This is usually counterproductive because if you do something long enough it becomes a HABIT. So then you become all knowing with no practical application. All show and no go.

I'm all for knowing what you're dealing with, fellas...but seriously...how many different ways are you gonna need to hear/see/read it to finally accept it and get to the PROBLEM SOLVING PART? :geek:
Meh. I see your point, but personally I don't go into reading these books with a "this is going to be the KEY that finally solves all my problems" kind of attitude. I read them mostly just for entertainment and if I happen to learn some useful nugget, then great, but I don't really expect to get anything out of these books that's going to change me. I'm open to it, but I don't expect or even want it.

A lot of you guys here are into anime (which I am not in the least bit interested in), or video games (which I also don't play). I probably read this book with the same attitude that you guys might read/watch anime or play video games. Its an interesting diversion. I am a voracious and fast reader, so I read a lot of books of all types, and I see no reason not to read books like this one.

That said, if you read all these books with an attitude of "this is going to change my life, I NEED this information to be complete," then yes, I can see how it would be a hamster wheel.
Kidd wrote:
Just be mindful fellas...don't get so enthralled in how many ways something can be viewed to the point that you forget why you went in search for answers in the first place. :ugeek:
I can get behind this part 100%.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm 

Of course, Meraki. That's why I usually litter my lectures with disclaimers. Only those for whom the show fits need apply. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:26 pm 

@ Kidd - yeah, I figured as much. ;) I just thought it would be useful to some of the other guys to add my perspective on it to this thread. 8-)
Rolan wrote:
@ Meraki

The whole essence of the book is that our biological, evolutionary programming determines our actions to a VERY large, probably unanimous degree. It's not something we, Man or Women, can 'choose' to follow or abide by. It's always there, whether we are aware of it or not. Take Women and babies for instance; It's my belief that a Women's primary directive in their life is to pro-create and harvest a baby. If they don't manage to do it, their gene pool is erased from the planet, and they will 'literally' feel like they have failed their purpose. I'm sure this impulse is just as strong in us aswell, although I can't say I want to father a kiddie right now in ANY way. As an aside, I was thinking about the absentee father phenomenon - I'm not sure it's such an unnatural occurrence tbh. I think it may be a biological 'nudge' for men to go and continue spreading their seed around a variety of other broads. Afterall, when we lived more communally, it was generally considered the communities roles to raise children together, rather than Husband+Wife as the sole carers.

Anyway, you say it's a motivation, I say it's a biological blueprint which no measure of intellect and awareness can allow you to escape. That's not to say you have to father a child to be 'happy' or whatever word you care for, but the impulse will be there and if not abided by, may lead to you feeling a lack later in life. The issue is largely that our society has changed so much that our impulses are incongruent with our environment, which is to say people generally express those impulses in a.....strange way. Our environment is artificial, something I have always felt was undeniable, but could never give clarity too until the last 5yrs or so.
You know, Oleg may have actually written it in a "biological imperative, evolutionary programming rules all, people are androids/automatons who have no real choice" kind of way, but its actually irrelevant to me what he intended. I pick and choose nuggets of insight and mold them into my own worldview based on my own experience and testing in my own life. I never take anything at face value - I have a picture in my head of how the world works, and if I come across a new and interesting point of view, I carefully consider it and test it before I incorporate it and make it a part of how I see the world.

NOBODY has a monopoly on truth, and I question EVERYTHING that I read/hear. I question what Kidd/Grinus say, I question what GP over at BallsProject has to say, what ANY source has to say.

So, even if Oleg intended it in that android/automaton kind of way, I don't agree with that, so therefore thats not how I interpreted it. I interpreted it as, "here's some biological programming which is going to create motivations that are going to be added to a whole soup of motivations that are already swirling around in each person,' which I think is a more useful/accurate interpretation.

This discussion has come up before with Sniper - the question of "why would you trust someone else's answer more than you trust your own answer?"

Why would anyone else have a more accurate picture of your world than you do?

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:03 pm 

Goldenboy, I know you love the book, but nothing you quoted necessarily negates/addresses what I wrote. I don't think I'll enter the ring with this one :lol:

Meraki -
Quote:
To take it to heart would mean a life of misanthropy. It's important to be aware but for the love of everything good in this world, don't make it some sort of Bible. Believe that there is more to a person than this bullshit.
Quote:
Why would anyone else have a more accurate picture of your world than you do?
Good question. I don't think it applies to anything I've written though.

I had a really strong reaction to the book. I've read everything on this forum and largely accepted it, firstly as possible, then plausible, and then I see how it has applied to my experiences. Like reverse engineering your life to see how it has been functioning(or not) all along.

As I said, I had a really strong reaction to the book. I couldn't sleep until 3am this morning, then wokeup at 5am feeling sick. I thought of my Mum/Dad's tragic relationship, and various scenarios that I've been through recently, trying to work out why this one did that and that one did this. I was in a foul mood today :D

Anyway, I was sitting in a cafe this afternoon, stewing in my vibe of discontentment, watching people, thinking....and this extremely pretty and VERY young thing comes and ask if she can sit down infront of me(there's numerous free chairs). Yeah, no problem I say. I sit there for a solid half hour as she reads, holding back from saying something - because I knew eventually she would find a way. And she did. We talked for an hour, laughed, generally had a gay ole' time. When I felt like leaving I did, and she thrust her number into my hand, whilst I left my email.

So yeah, I can focus on what Oleg has written - 'cos beneath his advocating you treat it as a mere game with silly little girls, there is a hopeless portrait of where we're at - or I can just see the person infront of me and act/treat accordingly without worrying about the rest, and stop 'dem bullets dead in the air.

May I say that it's also cool to have mods allow this discussion in a thread where it's not really pertinent to do so. Happy weekend fellas 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 pm 

@Rolan

I'm glad you enjoyed this book

@Kidd
Quote:
'knowledge addiction'
Quote:
Just be mindful fellas.
I see your point.... 8-)

I think in the end we need to see women as what they truly are and not project into them stuff that we 'thought' were real (because of the media\society\ignorance, whatever...). Then we know what we can get from them and what we can't get from them.

I'm glad Oleg wrote that book because not everyone will find this forum...

I'm also happy Rolan that you enjoyed this book, as Meraki said:
Quote:
never take anything at face value
take this information and do observations and testing (as Kidd suggests...)

Now, where is Star_Above? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the reminder Kidd!!
My shoe fits here... :oops:
Quote:
"First I shall do some experiments before I proceed farther, because my intention is to cite experience first and then, with reasoning, show why such experience is bound to operate in such a way.

And this is the true rule by which those who speculate about the effects of nature must proceed"

--Leonardo DaVinci

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Sniper wrote:
guys you just made my work hard cause im going to need to edit this thread.
Do not edit it.

Instead move it to a more appropriate section and leave it as it is.

It is a lesson, listen and learn.

as per:
Rolan wrote:
May I say that it's also cool to have mods allow this discussion in a thread where it's not really pertinent to do so. Happy weekend fellas 8-)
This thread may have not gone in the direction the original author intended, it does contain some good points and therefore should continue to exist in its form.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:57 pm 
The Kidd!! wrote:
Here's my position on this stuff. :geek:

How many times did Neo need to hear about the Matrix to accept it was real? Better yet, how many different ways did he need to hear about it to know it was real? He got the Duracell spiel ONCE...and no further interpretations were necessary.

Then what happened? Did he keep on questioning it? Did he go all redundantly ad nauseam about it? NO! :ugeek:

He TOOK ACTION. He began EXPERIMENTING within the environment. He stopped looking for more explanations and clarifications and began focusing on finding glitches, advantages and SOLUTIONS. THAT...is how I feel the natural (freedom) progression of things should be.

Some people get stuck in this hamster wheel of information...they lose themselves in trying to understand something completely from as many angles that possibly exist. This is usually counterproductive because if you do something long enough it becomes a HABIT. So then you become all knowing with no practical application. All show and no go.

I'm all for knowing what you're dealing with, fellas...but seriously...how many different ways are you gonna need to hear/see/read it to finally accept it and get to the PROBLEM SOLVING PART? :geek:

Just think about it...and I'm saying this sincerely as fuck. :ugeek:

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body." -Ecclesiastes 12:11

The heart of the man of good sense gets knowledge; the ear of the wise is searching for knowledge.
-Proverbs 18:15

I think the key here is BALANCE!

Good drop though!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:20 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Of course knowledge is power...but eventually, the pursuit of knowledge on top of an established knowledge base leads to a stagnancy that is fueled by a 'knowledge addiction'. It's an insidious stagnancy...more like a fear or inability to act BECAUSE you know 'too much'. This is what is detrimental to personal growth.

That's the exact point I was trying to get across in the books thread, the few really good ones on the matrix like the manipulated man and all the info here is all you fuckers need.

See 'G's sig.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
That's the exact point I was trying to get across in the books thread, the few really good ones on the matrix like the manipulated man and all the info here is all you fuckers need.

See 'G's sig.

Star_Above's last breakup:

[ img ]