Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Red Queen & Sperm Wars
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 pm 

Has anyone read either of these books?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:22 am 

I'm familiar with The Red Queen. Good book.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Yes

Sperm wars was an entertaining read.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 pm 

I am also familiar with Red Queen, very insightful when I read it.

I can recall Peregrinus saying he disagreed with it. I think.
peregrinus wrote:
I suggest you all do some REAL history reading on the subject.
Link: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... een#p10176

What books were you saying we should read?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

My comment in that thread was related to the history of marriage, structure of the church, societal influences and how the whole thing came along.

The comment was not directly related to the book, rather the comment in the thread I was replying to.

I fail to remember the books I read on the subject, it was many years ago, many books. I was suggesting doing some general history reading around those subjects from books not related to PUA or similar structures. Getting some background on the subject and making up your own mind.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm 

I'm pretty wary of books reccomended by PUAs, remember the whole Approach Anxiety thing and Mystery saying its "hard wired" because of how he guessed society worked back in the stone age?

"Its hardwired guys, hard-fuckin'-wired! If you were a caveman back in the caveman days and you were caught cavemanning anoter cavemans cavegirl near another caveman's cave, he'd gut and fucking rape you alive and eat your corpse"

Or something like that anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 pm 
that approach anxiety bullshit is not hardwired.

It becomes hard wired because of your mindset.

I have no anxiety about talking to women. I used to. Mindset difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 pm 
Aztecsfinest wrote:
I'm pretty wary of books reccomended by PUAs, remember the whole Approach Anxiety thing and Mystery saying its "hard wired" because of how he guessed society worked back in the stone age?

"Its hardwired guys, hard-fuckin'-wired! If you were a caveman back in the caveman days and you were caught cavemanning anoter cavemans cavegirl near another caveman's cave, he'd gut and fucking rape you alive and eat your corpse"

You gotta understand, pickup books or "catch manuals" are logistical and tactical. They serve as a bandaid they don't solve the problem. The best analogy I can think of is giving is the best armaments to weak, unwilling, inexperience troops. The Mystery Method "CAN" help catch really nice looking women but keep one...no. Routines work at first but you gotta be really to mack at the drop of dime and most dudes don't let there game develop that far. Most men don't strong inner game which is more important than slick pickup lines or gimmicks. I like Roosh's and Tariq Nasheed's catch guides. Roosh more realistic with his expectation than anyone else and Tariq is the only dude who tailors the game for the brothers.

As far as books like the Red Queen go it's all based on evolutionary psychology which is just a theory (like evolution). I bypassed "Red Queen" and "Evolution of Desire" and got "Why Women Have Sex" which was pretty good in explaining why women to what they do and what they physically attractive. A lot of things are very much conditioning and this can't be ignored. So rEcONdiTioN yorself!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:45 am 

Aztecsfinest wrote:

It's too bad that the PUA industry bastardizes this book, I'm almost done reading it and for the most part I found it fascinating. It goes more into detail about different types of animals. Overall, I'm glad I delved into it and it has inspired me to read a few more books about evolution biology and genetics.

I'll give a book overview once I'm done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:23 pm 

So I finished The Red Queen earlier this month. It was very informative and it's unfortunate it gets associated with the Pick Up Community. There is one chapter about peacocking, which talks about how male birds are that are more beautiful will attract more mates, however, they will also be easier to spot for predators. There are many themes that Matt Ridley tries to answer. This first one is why we even have sex in the first place? He says that sex causes so much effort and work it would be much easier for humans just to be an asexual species.

The reason we have sex according to him is to keep ahead of the parasities in the parasites attempt to rid of our species. I guess asexual species become extinct quicker because there is less variability in their genes.

Also, he mentions how the gender of the species that has the burden to raise the offspring is the CHOOSER. He referenced some species that are more monogamous than humans where the choosing is about equal, 50/50 male - female. But for humans the CHOOSER is the female, so thus another source that confirms everything here.

He mentions males are sexual opportunist; women seek out the best genes & best provider. In an ideal situation, it's the same guy, but if not, mate with the best genes, and have the provider to raise the offspring.

I plan to read again in the future because with more experience the concepts will be even clearer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 pm 

New York 152 wrote:
women seek out the best genes & best provider. In an ideal situation, it's the same guy, but if not, mate with the best genes, and have the provider to raise the offspring.
sounds like:
get pregnant by the alpha male and find a symp with money to marry and raise the kids.
or marry a symp but cheat with an alpha male....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 am 
Site Admin

Sniper wrote:
New York 152 wrote:
women seek out the best genes & best provider. In an ideal situation, it's the same guy, but if not, mate with the best genes, and have the provider to raise the offspring.
sounds like:
get pregnant by the alpha male and find a symp with money to marry and raise the kids.
Pretty much the reality in the matrix, don't you think?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 am 

Dali wrote:
Sniper wrote:
New York 152 wrote:
sounds like:
Pretty much the reality in the matrix, don't you think?
pretty much :|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Sometimes in the past I SAW this dynamic develop in real life and I got really pissed off... but Now I get amused, the females got confused when they see me and still keep seeking my 'I don't give a fuck' vibe to 'react'... So irrational, it makes me wonder what I'm doing here.

Just here chilling out, eating some tacos.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm 

Dali wrote:

:lol: WTF :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Merrick wrote:
Dali wrote:

:lol: WTF :lol:
[ img ]