Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Inner Work Preferences
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:12 am 

When one is doing it, is it better to sit on the floor and stare at a point on the wall with the eyes open?

Or can you sit in a comfortable chair & close your eyes?

Will one method create more of a lasting change than another?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 am 

Nope...purely personal preference. Whichever way you feel works best for you. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 am 

My contribution to the matter is this: use your inner resources; Pay attention to what your dreams are telling you.

If you aren't strong on lucid dreaming, allow yourself to get into a trance state from time to time (but learn to be discretely aware of it as it washes over you). For example if you ever do long distance driving and find that you snap into the realization that you've travelled a half hour with a mental void of conscious thought, don't be alarmed. Be aware of what was flowing thorugh your mind, and allow it to continue.

(And for fuck's sake don't hit the ditch!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:44 am 

One of the keys to lasting change is integrating that state you get into - maintaining that state of awareness. When you are in that zone, instead of just "ending" the session, do gradual steps.. eyes half open, basic movements, basic speaking etc while noticing the internal shift back into "regular" states. You will learn to integrate the two rather than separating everything into now i'm doing internal work, and now i'm in life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm 

I would tell her that it's not my fault somebody made her angry... Almost everytime something like this happens, it's the person passing the anger to somebody else like passing ball in soccer :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

New York 152 wrote:
When one is doing it, is it better to sit on the floor and stare at a point on the wall with the eyes open?

Whatever works best for you. Try different variations and see which helps you reach where you are going, the best way for you.

You will go through periods of difficulties and internal struggle, you will also go through periods of outstanding clarity and peace.

I would say: this step is akin to training wheels on a bike, when learning to ride. gradually you find you need it less and less and can travel further and futher each time without them. Sometimes people try to take them off too soon and end up putting them back on for a while.
Though later it is fun to revisit them from time to time, to remind you what the pure experience feels like and to see if you have strayed off the path.

Then as Flow83 says:
Flow83 wrote:
One of the keys to lasting change is integrating that state you get into - maintaining that state of awareness. When you are in that zone, instead of just "ending" the session, do gradual steps.. eyes half open, basic movements, basic speaking etc while noticing the internal shift back into "regular" states. You will learn to integrate the two rather than separating everything into now i'm doing internal work, and now i'm in life.
Gradually you will learn to be able to access it all the time, further on - in a heartbeat.
It becomes less something you do, more a part of who you are.

Quite often I do so when sitting on a train, full of people, or some other busy place. Or whilst waiting for an appointment or standing in a queue, without thought, it happens.

First you do the basic training, then you see where it takes you from there. The basic training gets you used to the state, how it is, how it feels, how your mind works. Then it becomes automatic after a while.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm 

New York 152 wrote:

It really doesn't matter, as long as you get inside of your head and poke around.

And you have an awesome quote in your sig :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 am 

Flow83 wrote:
This is pretty much the foundation of yoga there is no doing you are always doing you only look to see where you are resisting yor natural state

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 am 

Ruffneck wrote:
My contribution to the matter is this: use your inner resources; Pay attention to what your dreams are telling you.

If you aren't strong on lucid dreaming...
There's a natural herb tea to aid with lucid dreaming, if one is interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilex_guayusa

I've taken them myself, the results where enjoyable.
I'm blanking on the site where I bought mine, but you can find them on Google.