Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 pm 

One day as I was walking through the mall fresh off of reading, "The power of now" I went to enter a store and a very unpleasant young lady begins ripping into me on a triad about how I need to get out of her way and that I was stupid. I just stood there listened waited for her to leave the entrance I wished to go in. I was practicing not being lead into protecting my ego. The incident kept coming back and bothering me. I wanted to go back and tell her what for. I kept telling myself that I had done the right thing and if I'm ever to be free of the trappings of the ego this is a "test" I should be able to pass.

What is your opinions on situations similar to this? Do you stick up for yourself or is this just one of the pains one must endure to separate from ones ego. If I had reacted the exact same way and actually not cared I would think it was great. As the fact that I did care was the case it just made me feel like a pussy. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm 

I would have checked that ho like a box... I learned a long time ago that it's easy to get a girl to like you, but it's all about respect!

That being said... A lot of women like to test guys they are attracted 2, to see if they can get a rise out of them. Maybe she was jockin' you on the low...I suggest you make a list (on paper or in your head) of what type of behavior you won't accept from the women in your life... and stay vigilant about enforcing that shit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

This one is easy:
Quote:
A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her.

The senior monk carried this woman on his shoulder, forded the river and let her down on the other bank. The junior monk was very upset, but said nothing.

They both were walking and senior monk noticed that his junior was suddenly silent and enquired “Is something the matter, you seem very upset?”

The junior monk replied, “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The senior monk replied, “I left the woman a long time ago at the bank, however, you seem to be carrying her still.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm 

Pick your battles...Jedi don't whip their lightsabers out for baby ass shit that ultimately doesn't affect their lives 5 minutes later. ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm 

Discard the power of now it's garbage...there are times you need to stick up for yourself but they're often not the times you think

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

Kidd and Morpheus are correct...depends on the situation.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Two of many options:

a) Look at her like she is a crazy silly little girl. Keep looking as though amused while she rants. Then wait for her to move out of the way.

b) After her rant, ask her 'Why?'. Then smile whilst she explains her crazy reasoning.

That is if you feel you HAVE to do something, otherwise why would it bother you.

Dali's quote is very appropriate.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

I remember one time, a girl just spurt out of rage on me, and I just said to her:

"A bad day you have, huh"...

*Then she became speechless and then sadness pour on her. (I imagine was her way of letting go)
Then I think,... Good!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 am 

I feel you guys on stayin' cool and everything, but I could never let a man or woman get away with calling me stupid... You can call me a lot of shit, but stupid better not be on that list. If I were really in that situation...
I would probably let her know as calmly as possible that I don't let anyone get away with calling me stupid, and I don't plan on starting today... So break yourself!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:47 pm 
A simple..."please shut the fuck up and move out of my way, you're wasting my time" would have been sufficient.

She was in your way wasn't she?

Anyway, option b is to just give the bitch a thumbs up and keep it rolling if she wasn't in your way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm 

Scottie Pimpin' wrote:
I feel you guys on stayin' cool and everything, but I could never let a man or woman get away with calling me stupid... You can call me a lot of shit, but stupid better not be on that list. If I were really in that situation...
I would probably let her know as calmly as possible that I don't let anyone get away with calling me stupid, and I don't plan on starting today... So break yourself!
Its all about taking a tactical loss 8-) ...if someone wants to talk shit blah blah great. If they think they're so much better that makes life easier...when the moment comes to strike if that's what you want their social jugular is exposed. Be like the leaf gently floating down the stream till you have something to gain objectively

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am 
Everyone has so many different responses.

Funny how so many different responses can come from similar mindsets.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 am 

rkd1990 wrote:
Everyone has so many different responses.

Funny how so many different responses can come from similar mindsets.
Chaos theory...does a butterfly flapping it's wings create a hurricane halfway around the world? :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:58 pm 

THX wrote:
I was practicing not being lead into protecting my ego. The incident kept coming back and bothering me.... ... kept telling myself that I had done the right thing and if I'm ever to be free of the trappings of the ego....

This right here is very good. I work on this, myself. You'll find, as you improve in this area how obvious it is when someone is trying to antagonize you into an argument. You'll also notice some of the logical traps people try to set; loaded questions, steering the interaction, causing you to second guess yourself, etc...

In a practical sense, I think a good elementary exercise is to stifle this particular reflex: Allowing yourself to be interrogated. Answering questions without strategic thought as to the content of your answer is a very weak position to be in, with absolutely no advantage. And why would you inadvertantly do this? Because you instinctively leap to the defense of your opinion. Sometimes the best answer is no answer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:34 am 

Many posted different ways they might respond externally - we will all do things our own unique way.

What's significant is the fact that it is still with you, still affecting you.

I'd like to submit that this is what is important to look at - the external action you take or don't take has nothing to do with this.

Whether you told her to fuck off or did your best to smile at her and send her love b/c of some zen concept, neither, and NO external reaction would have been the right answer to make you feel differently about it now. That is a purely internal issue.

Take a look at what each of those things mean to you and what you want out of them:
defending the ego
standing up for yourself
doing what an alpha man would have done
doing what other guys, here or elsewhere, will give you the most high fives for
being spiritual and nice to everyone
being the "don't fuck with me" guy

These are all concepts and my intuition is that they are all dancing around in this with various levels of conflict between them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 am 

It's exceedingly fun to stops bullets too sometimes. Pimps do what they want. Hoes do what they can 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:31 am 

This thread is gold..I'm changing my life from square to straight G and I feel this is my biggest thing..I want the type of respect and clout like Goldie..when I'm around ppl on they best behavior and women get super fly..I just can't seem to figure out how to get it..if I'm not or my loved ones aren't harmed physically I blow it off..but how do u deal with sly comments or people tryna play u like a square?..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Why would it bother you?

It is telling you far more about them. It is not about you.

They are talking about themselves if you listen.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 am 

That's what I have been doing but one thing that kinda gets to me is when my housemates try to act.like I'm gay..I chill in my room stay to myself yet I'm gay..I don't do anything at all sweet..ill be chilling they think they are "cooler than me" so they'll.say something sly ill blow it off aint worth my time..but lil gay comments and tests like I'm irritanting me..its like these cats wanna get in on my sex life and who I'm banging..just cuz I don't share my info with yall don't mean anything..these the same guys that take get pics sitting on each other laps and calling each other daddy though..if I tried that with my boys I would get dropped lol..like come.on now..like one its like they shit test me like females

I admit they do know ppl and bang chicks but don't come at me like I'm sweet and say stuff under your breath..I'm worried about myself and fam I could care less about these ppl down here

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:02 am 

That happened to me on a much largerscale when I was stationed overseas...it means that they veiw you as a threat. They can see your greatness better than you can. :ugeek:

Wanna get their goat? Don't even look like it bothers you...and for more laffs, when they say something, play into it. Example:

Them: Dude, you're gay!

You: Dude, I am SOOOO gay. ;)

Never a dull moment. :lol:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!