Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm 

Few months passed.. Nothing changed.

I meditate regurarly, gave me many things, but nothing about direction in life.. I'm taking art classes, but I don't think it's going anywhere and everytime I'm going home from the lessons, I feel depressed and tired. I don't know what I'm really to do next, I have a little knowledge in many areas but I can't do anything well and have no real education and no money to get any.
It's painful, because I see most people here getting a job in a factory after they finish school and sticking to it untill they are old enough to stop working, and I see myself heading the same way. I don't know anybody who could give me advice, since everybody I know is suffering and don't like their jobs.
All the talk about happiness here is distant to me, since how can I be happy if I suffer half of my day in a job I don't like...
The only thing I came up with, was working for some anti-drug movement or anything related.. But that's hardly ever paid for

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 pm 
Fufe, I looked up that medical condition you have and one of my close friends has a similar condition when it comes to the skin outbreaks. He will get outbreaks really bad sometimes on his arms and back and stuff and his skin will peel. Just to let you know though, this guy is the most carefree guy I know and lives an awesome life. I was actually hangin with him last night, he's a great guy to hangout with and he parties like a mother fucker.

Alot of people have worse medical conditions, also some people have insane physical disfigurement. THere's this guy on the tv show dancing with the stars that was serving in afganistan and had his face burned in a fire. He has bad scars on his face but the guy is on one of the most popular tv shows ever and is just a fucking awesome guy. Has a great attitude about life and is inspiring.
fufe wrote:
Few months passed.. Nothing changed.

I meditate regurarly, gave me many things, but nothing about direction in life.. I'm taking art classes, but I don't think it's going anywhere and everytime I'm going home from the lessons, I feel depressed and tired. I don't know what I'm really to do next, I have a little knowledge in many areas but I can't do anything well and have no real education and no money to get any.
It's painful, because I see most people here getting a job in a factory after they finish school and sticking to it untill they are old enough to stop working, and I see myself heading the same way. I don't know anybody who could give me advice, since everybody I know is suffering and don't like their jobs.
All the talk about happiness here is distant to me, since how can I be happy if I suffer half of my day in a job I don't like...
The only thing I came up with, was working for some anti-drug movement or anything related.. But that's hardly ever paid for
Were in the same boat dude. I'm 24, I work 2-3 days a week, still live with my parents, pretty fuckin broke lol no money saved at the moment, social life isnt that great but i'm taking responsibility for it now so it's getting better, i'm halfway towards a bachelors degree but didn't apply to go back to school this semester, so basically nothing is going on in my life. As far as the matrix is concerned i'm a bum lol.

THis whole "having direction in your life/knowing what you want" it's entirely up to us what we want our life to consist of. A choice has to be made on our part. We are not puppets for someone else's agenda. Like my parents break my balls about things i should and shouldn't be doing but they don't have their shit together either. We control our lives, we decide whether were happy with our lives or not.

What i'm aiming for is the only thing to aim for and that is to be happy NOW. Not after this or that happens in the future, I'm happy with my life NOW cause all we have is now. Fuck what people tell you. Listen to what they say but always be skeptical dude cause nobody really has anything figured out. You make the decision of what to aim for and stick with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm 

Fufe :evil: , you were blessed with a beautiful talent. Maximize it
I love art. I can draw and all that stuff, but I am not going to make it as a fine artist. I am more into the "giving artwork life" field.
I am working on an animation as I type.
I also cook so I got certified as a chef.
dig deep and figure out what you can do and Maximize it :ugeek:
Work is Hard to get everywhere, but I get preference because I stayed in top form at school so, I get referred to most places that are hiring. I choose what Job I wanted and where.
I do a small catering and then I head to work ( I like to cook, but I prefer Illustrating things through Pencil and Paper or photoshop)

I may take up cake decorating ( cake boss)
I may take up Garnishing.
I blend Art and Food.

I've done construction work and it's not me.
Fufe here is a tip. do some abstracts. do them when you feel at your lowest, do them when you are at your highest! I am sure we have all seen some paintings that don't look like much, but the emotion in each brush stroke speak a different language.

Last edited by Sai on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 pm 

urgirlzwitme wrote:
What i'm aiming for is the only thing to aim for and that is to be happy NOW. Not after this or that happens in the future, I'm happy with my life NOW cause all we have is now. Fuck what people tell you. Listen to what they say but always be skeptical dude cause nobody really has anything figured out. You make the decision of what to aim for and stick with it.
If you set a goal of being happy NOW, you will never BE happy NOW, the wanting the be happy is the very thing that prevents you from being happy. Goals are for the future, not for the now.

fufe, what are your core values ? Don't you see any job which could fit in what you believe / want to live the rest of your life ?
If there is one thing that you could to for the rest of your life, what would it be ? (except sleeping ^^)
It may take time but you have to know what you want out of life and which job fits the best ...

Just my point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm 

Thanks for your time and words guys

Prodigy, I'm not into animation, but I'm not into things I was into before either.. I will do some abstractions, I don't like them but I've getting this tip again and again, so it has to have purpose..

Goldenboy I would love to work with animals but I can't do it because of my allergies and asthma. I would like being an expert in cocktails and mixed drinks, but I can't work in bars either, because of the smoke. I would like working with musical instruments in some way, not playing them but maybe musical ins. store or something..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm 

A video which may be useful : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZeoAx_yTxk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm 

Well I thank you for the video.. But How can I apply this really when I don't know what I want to do.. In the process of figuring it out I figured out two possibilites so far: 1st I Don't have anything I want to do, or 2nd I can't do what I want to do because of my health..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 pm 

fufe wrote:
Well I thank you for the video.. But How can I apply this really when I don't know what I want to do.. In the process of figuring it out I figured out two possibilites so far: 1st I Don't have anything I want to do, or 2nd I can't do what I want to do because of my health..
Figure out your talent and maximize it as Prodigy put it
So it would be 1st take care of your health (if it's possible) and maybe have a "job personnality test"
2nd internet job, home job, computer related ...

PS : Just re-read the posts of Grinus, seems like there's nothing more to say after all ^^
If you haven't find anything yet, maybe you just need to wait, but more importantly, do what you WANT for now (video games ...) nothing wrong with that, life warn you to your purpose, just listen ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:42 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote: *
fufe wrote:
Figure out your talent and maximize it as Prodigy put it
So it would be 1st take care of your health (if it's possible) and maybe have a "job personnality test"
2nd internet job, home job, computer related ...

PS : Just re-read the posts of Grinus, seems like there's nothing more to say after all ^^
If you haven't find anything yet, maybe you just need to wait, but more importantly, do what you WANT for now (video games ...) nothing wrong with that, life warn you to your purpose, just listen ...
I'm rereading many posts and it's funny how things turned for me.
In 2011 I was basically wanting to live my life in the woods on my small farm, not wanting 9-5 jobs and all that.
And now, almost ten years later, I'm sysadmin at an awesome place (9-5 job basically) and I wouldn't trade it for any other more paying job for now.
I'm learning everyday and doing things I love (and already loved back then), I'm not damaging my health with farming anymore (got friends who are 30 like me, with pain in the knees or back already).

Funny how life turns out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:21 pm 

Yeah, I stopped making art

I work in office and gaming chair business, purchasing, marketing and wholesale sales - Got to this (created it) position by applying Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich

Still not sure what I want to do really. Still issues, but my success with inner work is extreme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm 

I'm rereading many posts and it's funny how things turned for me.
In 2011 I was basically wanting to live my life in the woods on my small farm, not wanting 9-5 jobs and all that.
And now, almost ten years later, I'm sysadmin at an awesome place (9-5 job basically) and I wouldn't trade it for any other more paying job for now.
I'm learning everyday and doing things I love (and already loved back then), I'm not damaging my health with farming anymore (got friends who are 30 like me, with pain in the knees or back already).

Good to hear :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

I feel a story coming

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.