Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Letting Go
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:14 pm 

Peregrinus you've always said let it go but at the same time you must take action to achieve what you want right ??

So tell me what was your practical best and most simple method to just let it all go I'm kind of stuck right now how do I get past that point and how do I shut the mental chatter in my head thank you in advance.....

If anybody else has something to add to this please feel free to chime in

Post subject: Re: Letting Go
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 pm 

to let go does not mean to give up your goals. Go after your goals and do what you can,
but once you know that you did everything you could - just let go...

in other words: work towards getting what you want but let go of the outcome...
take action and then forget about it and just relax...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 pm 

I learned to let go by drawing an awesome drawing, working on it for 10 hours and then burning it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:40 pm 

I heard that there is a way for whole brain synchronization to gain complete access to our brains does anybody on here know how to do that ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Way of a Natural wrote:
Peregrinus you've always said let it go but at the same time you must take action to achieve what you want right ??
Yes

Recognise that the value is in the journey, not the destination.

Today was a nice sunny day, I got in my car and started driving, I knew I wanted to go somewhere but was not sure where. I came across somewhere I would never have considered as a destination, (I was not even aware it was there so close to home) it ended up being one though. The journey there was very enjoyable.

Sometimes I start going somewhere and end up somewhere completely different, the journey leads to another path other than the original destination. If you are open during the journey it will have an effect on you.
Way of a Natural wrote:
So tell me what was your practical best and most simple method to just let it all go I'm kind of stuck right now how do I get past that point and how do I shut the mental chatter in my head thank you in advance.....
See above

Let go of the destination, enjoy the ride.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of the mental chatter is about the destination and how/if you will get there.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:18 pm 

Enjoy the ride huh I'll try thanks everyone

Sniper I have a question for you how did you get to the level where you are now, what helped you along the way, and most importantly what took away your doubts and brought out the confidence deep within,and one more important thing what made you more emotionally stable ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:34 am 

Way of a Natural wrote:
Enjoy the ride huh I'll try thanks everyone

Sniper I have a question for you how did you get to the level where you are now, what helped you along the way, and most importantly what took away your doubts and brought out the confidence deep within,and one more important thing what made you more emotionally stable ?

hmm, it's hard to pin point but I'll try...
Quote:
how did you get to the level where you are now, what helped you along the way
I have followed The Kidd's advise And the other great posters here like peregrinus. David X
also helped in fixing my broken mindset.
Quote:
and most importantly what took away your doubts and brought out the confidence deep within,and one more important thing what made you more emotionally stable ?
well I started to use more logic (as The Kidd suggested) instead of emotion. I didn't shut down my emotions I just did some inner core work and realized that out greatest power is logic and once we learned to switch from emotions to logic when we want to - that is where the power is.

I think that also at one point I just got tired of giving a dam about women. I thought; I want to be happy and have peace now. I don't want to wait until I had sex with X number of women until I become happy and let go of wanting women...

I have also read a lot of eastern philosophy in the past and maybe something 'clicked' from there as well...

It's really hard to pin point what gave me the aha moment and I'm not enlightened or anything like that. I still keep working on myself all the time and discovering new layers of limiting Beliefs and emotional baggage- but I'm facing my demons and not running away from them. When The Kidd talked about facing your demons, at first I thought: it's too difficult for me, it's easy for him to say and etc. But at one point I was determined to do that inner work and saw that it pays off.