Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:08 am 

well this is a very importent part of the process and we have talked about it on this thread:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 1738#p1738
(I want it to be here so people will have an easier access to it)

question for The Kidd:
Quote:
How did you dig deep and find out what your inner issues are? did you just sit in your room and think about it until everything came up?
and once you found out what they were, what did you do to change them?
The Kidd:
Quote:
I just focused until I became in tune with my subconscious mind, which is kind of dangerous because the subconscious mind protects your conscious mind for things that it feels you may not be ready to handle the truth about. Luckily for me, I am hardy enough to face my demons head on and put them to bed. Once again, another SIMPLE concept...definitely not EASY.

But yeah, I sit in a quiet room or and just go through my head like a microfiche...I would visualize and identify situations that would make me feel a certain way, and then break them down to myself.

For example, I used to have approval seeking behavior, and can tell when I may be starting to relapse sometimes. This stems from being bullied as a kid, never really fitting in with the "cool kids", and feeling like my mother only gave me negative attention...i.e. if I did something wrong she'd be all over me, but if I did something right, she would wouldn't even acknowledge it, and if I brought it up, she would say something like, "This is what's expected of you, therefore it is no big deal." So, I have since made peace with these past parts of my life and as a result, don't really care what people think about me to a point.
and peregrinus continued:
Quote:
This is KEY in my view, something I did a lot of myself.
Also being present enough to notice when these things come up in your day to day life and any triggers you may have been unaware of are fired. Then taking the time then and there to let yourself feel what you are feeling rather than dismiss it or cover it up, take notice of it and deal with it (possibly filing it away with a note to self to look at it at some later time alone also).
Purposefully putting yourself in situations YOU KNOW trigger you, so that you can really feel those feelings and emotions, deal with them properly, get used to feeling them, seek out the root issues and causes.
Reliving situations that put you in certain emotional states and finding the root causes is a powerful tool, again people like the easy road rather than the effective one.

'I stopped fighting my inner demons, we're on the same side now'
for more information and to read the full posts and comments click on the link (above) which will take you to the original thread...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 pm 

and also by The Kidd:
Quote:
1) Get a sheet of paper

2) In the middle of the sheet, draw a horizontal line that splits the sheet in half widthwise

3) Then, from the horizontal line you just drew, draw a vertical line that halves the paper lengthwise to the bottom of the page.

4) On the top half of the paper, write down everything you dislike about yourself, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.

5) Then, on the left side of the vertical line, jot down the things that you can change.

6) On the right side, right down the things from above that you canNOT change.

Now...once that is done, hang this up somewhere so that it is the first thing you see when you wake up and the last thing you see when you go to sleep.

ACCEPT THE LIST ON THE RIGHT AS THINGS THAT MAKE YOU UNIQUE AS AN INDIVIDUAL...AND WORK LIKE HELL TO IMPROVE EVERYTHING LISTED ON THE LEFT. :ugeek:

Now...QUIT YER BELLY ACHIN' AND GET YOUR ASS TO WORK!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 pm 

Sniper wrote:
well this is a very importent part of the process and we have talked about it on this thread:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=272
(I want it to be here so people will have an easier access to it)

question for The Kidd:
Quote:
How did you dig deep and find out what your inner issues are? did you just sit in your room and think about it until everything came up?
and once you found out what they were, what did you do to change them?
The Kidd:
Quote:
I just focused until I became in tune with my subconscious mind, which is kind of dangerous because the subconscious mind protects your conscious mind for things that it feels you may not be ready to handle the truth about. Luckily for me, I am hardy enough to face my demons head on and put them to bed. Once again, another SIMPLE concept...definitely not EASY.

But yeah, I sit in a quiet room or and just go through my head like a microfiche...I would visualize and identify situations that would make me feel a certain way, and then break them down to myself.

For example, I used to have approval seeking behavior, and can tell when I may be starting to relapse sometimes. This stems from being bullied as a kid, never really fitting in with the "cool kids", and feeling like my mother only gave me negative attention...i.e. if I did something wrong she'd be all over me, but if I did something right, she would wouldn't even acknowledge it, and if I brought it up, she would say something like, "This is what's expected of you, therefore it is no big deal." So, I have since made peace with these past parts of my life and as a result, don't really care what people think about me to a point.
and peregrinus continued:
Quote:
This is KEY in my view, something I did a lot of myself.
Also being present enough to notice when these things come up in your day to day life and any triggers you may have been unaware of are fired. Then taking the time then and there to let yourself feel what you are feeling rather than dismiss it or cover it up, take notice of it and deal with it (possibly filing it away with a note to self to look at it at some later time alone also).
Purposefully putting yourself in situations YOU KNOW trigger you, so that you can really feel those feelings and emotions, deal with them properly, get used to feeling them, seek out the root issues and causes.
Reliving situations that put you in certain emotional states and finding the root causes is a powerful tool, again people like the easy road rather than the effective one.

'I stopped fighting my inner demons, we're on the same side now'
for more information and to read the full posts and comments click on the link (above) which will take you to the original thread...
Sniper, these are the Post I read the Most! especially in regards to dealing with root problems. can't go wrong with these methods.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The requested topic does not exist.
Check the link to the thread Sniper.