Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:33 pm 

I know you guys talk about swallowing the pill in terms of realizing who women truly are and how they fuck unsuspecting men over on a daily basis. But for me to "wake up" and start living my life, I need to swallow a pill of my own that I haven't yet. And today I realized I've been dancing and prancing around it like a coward.

The fact is, what is written here is golden. I'm glad I found this forum and I want to be a contributing member on here for a long time in the future, hopefully helping people out more than I seek help. But I used most (not all, a lot of it has helped move my life forward immensely) or the writing of guys like 'grinus, Kidd, Star, and others to try and seek an out and avoid facing my fear.

I'm scared of letting go of people's opinions of me. Terrified. I examined why this was so and had many "epiphanies" about why it wasn't the right thing to do, but I never did it. The funny thing is I think I know exactly why this fear is in me. But actually stepping into the emptiness of not giving any fucks to it terrified me and caused a bunch of agony (metaphorically). I never let go. I felt like I did in spurts, but that was just me using "space" or "indifference" to avoid being uncensored in front of people. Or acting like something of a dick, even though I consider myself a really nice person, just to "be indifferent".

Of course, there were varying degrees of this. People that started making more effort in interactions or were submissive themselves I had an easier time communicating with. But other people, I'd just shut off I think.

So this is it. I'm scared of stepping into the space where I'm living for myself and not regarding what other's thoughts of me are. The space where I don't simply because, well, fuck your opinion.

I'm stepping into the motherfucker though. Today.

Much love to all of you that post here. Your posts, even if I don't reply, give me a great deal of thought and spur me on really crazy discoveries about myself. I am so so glad I found this place.

Peace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 pm 

Quote:
But for me to "wake up" and start living my life, I need to swallow a pill of my own that I haven't yet
Where does the belief of needing a pill (or that you have to 'step into the space') to live your life come from ?
Challenge that belief.

You live your life ALL THE TIME.

There is no need to swallow a pill of your own to wake up.
There is no pill of your own to swallow.
There is no waking up.

Quote:
I'm stepping into the motherfucker though. Today.
Instead of today, what about right ... NOW ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm 

@moose35

this process isn't easy for anyone, you remember how many times The Kidd & Grinus had to kick me in the ass? :lol:

[ img ]

But you are still young, take your time...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo moose35

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm 

i'm on this forum since 2010 but i took the pill just a few months back

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 am 

Sniper wrote:
@moose35

this process isn't easy for anyone, you remember how many times The Kidd & Grinus had to kick me in the ass? :lol:

[ img ]

But you are still young, take your time...
haha.

Getting your ass kicked helps. It's unfortunate when keep getting your ass kicked, BUT don't learn from it.

edit:

Moose I find some resemblance in my own life of what you write about; different wording, but same premise. I have a friend who had a saying that stuck with me:
Quote:
Just keep showing up.
The reference to that was when we where doing some life coaching (different set of eyes to see things I can't see in myself) he would say that to disengage my habit of 'wanting to do more'. Just show up, keep coming back here reading & writing, and let go (don't worry about results ((I understand it's almost counter intuitive to think that))). Just keep showing up. Believe in the process. When you step back and take a look at it all it's amazing how much we trip ourselves.

I write this being in a similar situation. I should take my own advice too :lol: I do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 am 

TheDude wrote:
Getting your ass kicked helps. It's unfortunate when keep getting your ass kicked, BUT don't learn from it.
That's because guys always think "It was just that one girl" that did it; they don't realize that every girl has the potential to kick your ass if you're not the man you need to be. Like some douchebag said on here, everything is conditional :ugeek:

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 am 

Star_Above wrote:
]that's because guys always think "It was just that one girl" that did it; they don't realize that every girl has the potential to kick your ass if you're not the man you need to be. Like some douchebag said on here, everything is conditional :ugeek:
or as someone else pointed out:

Everyone is in it for themselves...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 am 

Very true, what both Star and Sniper just said. Finding out that everybody cares only and only about themselves still hasn't sunk in 100% and being happy and myself while knowing this is difficult at times, but it's getting better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 pm 

The pimp, therefore, takes pride in his ability to face life as it is, to see things as they are, and to be honest with himself [...] While an army of hypocrites prattle about their devotion to a noble cause, their duty to God and country, their concern with the advancement of knowledge or science, the pimp knows how overwhelming is their devotion to money, their duty to find a piece of ass, their concern with the advancement of no one but themselves. The pimp knows that he is after the money, sex, and security, too, and that he is selfish and manipulative - but he at least does not delude himself with moral soap bubbles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:21 am 

moose35 wrote:
Very true, what both Star and Sniper just said. Finding out that everybody cares only and only about themselves still hasn't sunk in 100% and being happy and myself while knowing this is difficult at times, but it's getting better.
Isn't a bit of over-generalization to say that "everyone cares only about themselves"? I do believe we all have a greater interest in our own lives, but I also believe that there are people who care for others as much as they care for themselves. It would be a a bit delusional to say that everyone cares entirely about themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 am 

TheDude wrote:
moose35 wrote:
Isn't a bit of over-generalization to say that "everyone cares only about themselves"? I do believe we all have a greater interest in our own lives, but I also believe that there are people who care for others as much as they care for themselves. It would be a a bit delusional to say that everyone cares entirely about themselves.
You are selfish to the core. POINT.

Your cellules know that they have to 'care' about the cellules next to them (at least enough for them not to die), otherwise they would also disappear.
Other than that, their only interest is their survival and reproduction.

Replace cellules with anything, plants, animals, humans.

That's why we can say it's selfishness to the core. Because YOU know that if your neighbour dies, you will have problems too.

I don't talk at all about the feeling of being a good person when you give something to a homeless dude, or when you help a grandma walk the street so that you can tell it to everyone ;)

I'm talking physically, not emotionally (and the selfishness doesn't change either, just the reasons are differents).

Sounds like someone has a bad conception of 'selfishness' :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 am 

TheDude wrote:
When you do something for others even if it's 'without an agenda' there is still an agenda behind it because you get a good feeling out of it (like an ego boost).

Of course we can debate about people like the Dalai Lama and if he actually does things from a higher place of caring without expecting anything in return or other people who are Enlightened. But even if that's true: how many people are there who are really Enlightened?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Of course we can debate about people like the Dalai Lama and if he actually does things from a higher place of caring without expecting anything in return or other people who are Enlightened. But even if that's true: how many people are there who are really Enlightened?
That's no debate...he does it to ensure his eternal reward at death. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:57 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Too bad there's no such thing :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:59 pm 

Resonance wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Too bad there's no such thing :lol:
As long as he believes it...then it does exist. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
As long as he believes it...then it does exist. :ugeek:

You got me there the power to believe in something. I must say if you must believe in something believe in yourself everything else is relative, but I will leave it up to others to decide for themselves

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:19 pm 

TheDude wrote:
moose35 wrote:
i think what you mean is that we have a desire for being open to others, that's theo only genuine way to show that you care

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 pm 

TheDude wrote:
moose35 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm 

StephenP wrote:
TheDude wrote:
moose35 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
+1

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."