Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 am 

Here's a podcast of me and my group of friends bullshitting about various subjects, but the main topic of this podcast is affirmations. This is the sort of thing that me and my friends talk about all the time and this is our experience with affirmations, because a lot of people seem to be confused about affirmations. This is what worked for us, the changes we went through along the way and some of the ridiculous stories that came out of it. Hopefully you'll enjoy our bullshit and maybe get something out of it. The podcast runs about an hour and fifteen minutes. So without further ado I give you The Modern Libertine, Park Wan-Ni, and The American Panda in the first Wisdom Seekers podcast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2g78bo42x4hpr5h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:11 am 
Thanks dude.

Gonna hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 pm 

I listened to the whole thing this morning while working at home. All in all - this is pretty comprehensive about the mindset guys should have for being content in their lives and attracting women into their world. Amazing for me to listen to something like this and fully feel it - as it's now the way I live, too. So much easier, less worry.

The only guy I doubted a bit was American Panda - sometimes I felt like he was not really thinking about the advice he was giving (not all of the time) - but you corrected him luckily. :) But not you and the other guy were solid. Some hilarious moments too, can't recall right now but enjoyed it, and you getting more buzzed as it went on - ha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 am 

American Panda is a litle newer to this than me and Park Wan-Ni,lol. Me and him have been discussing these things for quite some time now. The Panda has just recently completely revamped his mindset, but he is a damn fast learner and having some good success with it, I think. I'm glad you liked it,David. We do get ridiculous when we drink, lol. I think I will film the next one at this resteraunt/bar called Cosmo's that has some super hot waitresses so that I can get one of them in on the podcast and get a female opinion on some stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:46 pm 

great podcast, thanks for sharing ;)

it is very importent to have:

Consistency
and
Not being attached to the outcome (Indifference)

Now, I think that The Kidd's advise can come very handy with affirmations because when you learn to read subtle signs from women- you will start to see that you are making progress.
Since women send subtle signs - if you don't know how to read them you will say the affirmations but you won't see it manifest in the outside reality (cause women don't throw themselfs at you on the street :lol: ).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm 

Well yeah, if you're stuck in your head then you're never going to notice anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:44 pm 

Shay wrote:
(cause women don't throw themselfs at you on the street :lol: ).
That has happened too! And in the park.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm 

Shay wrote:
great podcast, thanks for sharing ;)

it is very importent to have:

Consistency
and
Not being attached to the outcome (Indifference)

Now, I think that The Kidd's advise can come very handy with affirmations because when you learn to read subtle signs from women- you will start to see that you are making progress.
Since women send subtle signs - if you don't know how to read them you will say the affirmations but you won't see it manifest in the outside reality (cause women don't throw themselfs at you on the street :lol: ).
Come on, man. If you are following my advice and you can read subtle signs, you don't need to do any AFFIRMations...the fact that you can see she is on your shit gives you...(wait for it)...CONFIRMation.

Confirmation. Try THAT concept on, people. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Come on, man. If you are following my advice and you can read subtle signs, you don't need to do any AFFIRMations...the fact that you can see she is on your shit gives you...(wait for it)...CONFIRMation.

Confirmation. Try THAT concept on, people. :|
Affirmations are used to replace past negative programing. Maybe it does not work for you Kidd but it does for others, so don't disqualify something just because you think it is not necessary or didn't work for you.....

We are all different and there is not just one system\advise that is going to solve everything for everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:26 pm 

Just sayin'...why not replace negative programming with reality, instead of more programming?

It's like, why read a book on riding a bike when you could just go outside and do it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 pm 

The problem with affirmations is the resistance from the mind to a new idea, like Inception, that happens anyway when initially opening your mind to a new idea but affirmations for someone with a negative belief system is like trying to push a round peg into a square hole, that was my experience anyway and it definitely wasn't a question of not doing it enough, I spent countless hours on this shit.

Telling myself constantly 'all women want me' etc. I simply didn't believe it, there was no foundation for that, now I've been at the gym for a few months, working on my portfolio and looking better, I'm starting to believe in myself because I have solid proof that I'm taking care of myself and getting closer to where I want to be, a genuine sense of pride is growing in its infancy.

Affirmations sound like forcing yourself to believe something, when I see the word confirmation I think evidence, concrete examples, like it's already there for you to see.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Affirmations sound like forcing yourself to believe something, when I see the word confirmation I think evidence, concrete examples, like it's already there for you to see.
Exactly. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:01 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Just sayin'...why not replace negative programming with reality, instead of more programming?

It's like, why read a book on riding a bike when you could just go outside and do it?
Affirmations are not instead of 'going outside and doing it' but they are a supplement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:05 pm 

I'm not going to argue with you guys over what works and what doesn't, but I'm just saying what works for me AND I really just made that podcast for fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:45 pm 

TheModernLibertine wrote:
I'm not going to argue with you guys over what works and what doesn't, but I'm just saying what works for me AND I really just made that podcast for fun.
thanks for making this, and I am going to use them as a supplement.
They fucking work for me so I don't care if others think they don't work.... 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:18 am 

I'm not fucking arguing...I'm just fucking saying. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:50 am 

Can't we all just fucking get along? For fuck's sake! :lol:

(Kidding...I like it when it gets all fired up 'round here!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 pm 

But let's consider this...

Kidd, you already have the mindset that you are great, awesome, the shiz, etc. But did you always have this? When did this arrive and how? Did you ever used to believe that you weren't? I am curious.

From the personal development work I've done there are two fundamental schools...

1) Be present, engaged in what's around you, be aware, let go of your thoughts (this is more along the lines of what you are talking about Kidd, though I know you wouldn't say it this way)

2) Become aware of your negative thoughts, beliefs. Reprogram with the ones that are positive, that serve you, so that they become automatic. (Affirmations, visualizations, etc)

In the past I worked with number 1 but it didn't get me the results and mindset I have now with women. Number 2 is working for me very well now, and my reality has shifted. Let me correct that, I did see it before but I wouldn't allow it in, because of psychological issues. Women have always checked me out as far back as I can remember, just like most every guy. But until I dealt with what I believe about myself and went to correct those crappy beliefs, I always felt I didn't deserve underneath.

I feel more at peace and content all the time now, and things are drawn into my reality. Of course some of those "beliefs" I've been reprogramming are from you Kidd, along with Cory Skyy, and one's I come up with on my own. Number 2 doesn't mean you aren't present, it's just actively attacking those negative beliefs when they arise and creating what you what, so that eventually the tape the plays in your head is one of beliefs that support what you want. Of course you must be very clear and committed on what you want and the beliefs come much more easily.

Sounds like I'm talking about going to the bathroom number 1, number 2 - :lol:

Kidd - you mentioned something about "reality" - that seeing those signs are just reality. But that's not true - that's your reality that you have created. Most men don't see that reality like we do. I think you are glazing over what you believe underneath to create (or perceive, if you prefer) that reality.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but I'm seeing some things I feel you are skipping over in what reality is. Perhaps just seeing evidence is all it takes for some, but that's not been my experience. The inner has to be dealt with on some level whatever that is.

Create - awesome that you are getting to the gym, working on yourself etc. I'm about to go kick my own ass at the gym.

I do belief that affirmations in combination with taking action to better oneself, engage socially with women etc, to change oneself is a faster road.

Wisdom from Abraham Hicks says this (I've paraphrased) - it is easier to let go of a negative thought, then to tell yourself a positive one, but pure positive manifests things very quickly. Of course allowing (being present) is necessary otherwise you will miss it.

The trick is learning how to do that, because we are so programmed to compare ourselves to others, beat ourselves down, keep ourselves small and not step into our greatness by saying the now classic [phrase "I don't give a fuck what you think". All of us that do affirmations know that one well by now. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:33 pm 

Quote:
Kidd, you already have the mindset that you are great, awesome, the shiz, etc. But did you always have this? When did this arrive and how? Did you ever used to believe that you weren't? I am curious.
Through CONFIRMation. Allow me to illustrate:

I was an awkward, skinny teen that used to get called ugly to his face. When I joined the Military, the physical fitness they put you through filled me out a little bit, and I grew into my looks. Soon, both males and females alike began to refer to me as a "Pretty Boy".

Did I believe it myself? HELL NO! At first I thought everyone was being mean...like how you might call a tall person "Tiny". But, I finally REALized that if this is how the general public viewed me now, then I must be considered a pretty boy by societal standards, regardless of what I still see in the mirror. Therefore, I eventually, and grudgingly, accepted my new title, and slowly yet eventually learned to love it! :mrgreen:

Bottom line: I didn't continually keep AFFIRMing myself that I'm awesome and chicks like me...I CONFIRMed it by the way people actually REACTED to me.

Does that help? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 pm 

davidhnow wrote:
Number 2 is working for me very well now, and my reality has shifted. Let me correct that, I did see it before but I wouldn't allow it in, because of psychological issues. Women have always checked me out as far back as I can remember, just like most every guy. But until I dealt with what I believe about myself and went to correct those crappy beliefs, I always felt I didn't deserve underneath.
I can relate to that, when I started to notice that women were checking me out (thanks to your advise Kidd ;) ) I still felt I didn't deserve them underneath.

Now maybe with time this will go away but when I recently started the mirror affirmations it helps to reframe\ change the negative stuff that are not true to build a new mindset.

I think the two combined are importent because if you just observe but feel in the inside you don't desrve it then progress will be very slow (or sometimes no progress at all....)
on the other hand, if you just say affirmations and can't read subtle signs- after some time you will say: Ah affirmations don't work, I don't see any progress.

So the two combined is importent.

note:
I don't use unrealistic affirmations like: 'all women want me' or 'women approach me everywhere I go'.
I use stuff like:
I'm great, I was born an alpha male, women like me, dam I'm sexy....

It's like ML said:

you have negative stuff going in your head all day long, why not change the broken record
to a new one?
:mrgreen:

p.s
sometimes just by changing your believes the outside reality will change. There are seduction teachers that are not good looking at all and some of them don't go to the gym (they are fat)
but they beleive they deserve women and they get them (I'm not talking about players that trick women, I'm talking about teachers that are very grounded).