Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Inner Work and Changes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm 

I have been doing some refelction and inner work lately. I noticed some changes in the last couple of days, so i would like to share it with you.

While observing myself for the last couple of weeks, i noticed that whenever i am in a public place, there's something that bothers me. This thing went on until i decided to deal with it. So i took some time alone in my room, relaxed and focused on being honest with myself, and then started with this journey.

I started with asking myself, why do i feel bothered? I figured out that it was because i was seeking attention. You see, since i noticed that the stuff being taught here suits me, i kept changing and still am changing until now, especially my looks. I go often to the gym, and have lost weight and gained muscle. So, i was seeking attention from people (especially girls) as a reward for my work.

But this wasn't all. Something told me there was a deeper reason that i had to look for. So i continued. I asked myself where does this need for attention come from? Experiences from my past started being represented to me. At this point i was almost completely disconnected from my surroundings, all my focus was inside of my head, digging deeper and looking. Until one moment, where i saw my teenage self in high school (i'm 25 now). Back there i was literally THE king. I was very popular, very successful in every aspect. I was being showered with attention all the time. Sometimes i would even walk by a group of girls and know that it's me who they start whispering to each other about.

I knew i have addressed the issue, now i had to break it down in pieces. I compared my situation now, with the one in high school. I realised that they are very different and that environmental factors play a very important role (i could mention the details if anyone is interested). Me wanting the same outcome from two completely different situations didn't make sense to me. This was the point where i just accepted this, and let the issue go. After that i just stopped everything and went to sleep.

So i wake up, for what's going to be the start of a very promising week :mrgreen: . I shower and have my breakfast, and prepare myself to leave to get some business done. I look in the mirror and i am satisfied with my looks and the progress i'm making, and this isn't really something new.

A couple of minutes later, i was already in the city center, a public and crowded place. I observed myself, and i noticed that this time i was actually relaxed. That voice inside of my head that kept telling my "Hey, check this girl out, may be she will look back at you and give you some attention!", this voice was gone. Most of the time i was just being in the moment, being aware of my surroundings, noticing what's happening around me without describing it in my head or thinking about it. At this point i realised two things:

1- I stopped wanting attention.
2- Me being satisfied with my looks and progress was more than enough for me. Here i realised that when it's about me, my looks, my personality or anything else that concerns me, the only opinion that really matters is mine. And the only person i have to prove anything to is myself.

This had a huge impact on me. I believe this was also the reason for the couple of little stories i still have to tell. I will post them in a different thread soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm 

Quote:
After that i just stopped everything and went to sleep.
The cure-all. Nice work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting Barca.

A very concise yet detailed explanation of the process... Also explaining why the first thing you hit may be a symptom not the cause and how digging deeper is more often that not required.

At some point in the digging the cause will present itself to you.. It is up to you then what you do..

Bravo on trusting the process and following it through.. You are now reaping the rewards of a bit of time spent with yourself in honest contemplation..

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 pm 

StephenP wrote:
Quote:
After that i just stopped everything and went to sleep.
The cure-all. Nice work!

Thanks StephenP :)

peregrinus wrote:
Thanks for posting Barca.

A very concise yet detailed explanation of the process... Also explaining why the first thing you hit may be a symptom not the cause and how digging deeper is more often that not required.

At some point in the digging the cause will present itself to you.. It is up to you then what you do..

Bravo on trusting the process and following it through.. You are now reaping the rewards of a bit of time spent with yourself in honest contemplation..
you're more than welcome Peregrinus, it's me who is thanking you, all what i have written above i learned from you and Kidd.

Yes, it is indeed very rewarding. It does also give me a feeling of great strength, knowing that i can deal with the issues i have and can actually become a much better person, for me and using my own hands.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 pm 

very nice read Barca,

it's so great to read about other people doing inner work.

anyway, just out of curiosity you said:
Quote:
I knew i have addressed the issue, now i had to break it down in pieces. I compared my situation now, with the one in high school. I realised that they are very different and that environmental factors play a very important role (i could mention the details if anyone is interested).
where did you used to live and where do you live at the moment?

are you from England?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 pm 

Barca wrote:
So, i was seeking attention from people (especially girls) as a reward for my work.

But this wasn't all. Something told me there was a deeper reason that i had to look for.
This is HUGE. Once you realise that it is actually something else you are looking for....then it starts to fit together.

I like how you are taking the relaxation thing seriously. Keep doing it...give it say...two weeks. Then watch. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:08 pm 

Quote:

are you from England?
Irrelevant :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm 

I have found that if you take the time to actually look deep within, which can sometimes be not fun...

Just by shining the light on long time repressed issues, they tend to fall away.

And if they do crop up again every now and then, you, now being aware, can easily handle it logically.

Great post Barca, really enjoyed it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 pm 

Sniper wrote:
very nice read Barca,

it's so great to read about other people doing inner work.

anyway, just out of curiosity you said:
Quote:
I knew i have addressed the issue, now i had to break it down in pieces. I compared my situation now, with the one in high school. I realised that they are very different and that environmental factors play a very important role (i could mention the details if anyone is interested).

are you from England?

thanks Sniper :). I agree with Kidd here, what i meant with environmental factors was the difference between school and city as two separate communities.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:54 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Barca wrote:
This is HUGE. Once you realise that it is actually something else you are looking for....then it starts to fit together.

absolutely, Scarf. I somehow also have the feeling that since this has been a core issue to me, dealing with it was like dealing with a series of issues at one time.
Once this core issue fell into place, other smaller issues followed.
Quote:
I like how you are taking the relaxation thing seriously. Keep doing it...give it say...two weeks. Then watch. :mrgreen:

oh i don't have to, a lot of things happened already :mrgreen:. I will post them soon as i mentioned. Ofcourse this has nothing to do with me continuing the inner work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:54 pm 

StephenP wrote:
I have found that if you take the time to actually look deep within, which can sometimes be not fun...

Just by shining the light on long time repressed issues, they tend to fall away.

And if they do crop up again every now and then, you, now being aware, can easily handle it logically.

Great post Barca, really enjoyed it!

Well said StephenP, i agree with you totally. Glad that you enjoyed it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 am 

nice work Barca, much progress gained. :D