Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm 

Indeed Flow,

Often men feel they have been backed into a corner in their lives. They forget, or misunderstand, that they put themselves in that position in order to progress. A select few actually realise this though, and they are the ones that inevitably make it across the bridge. The majority can't even see the bridge, and so they blame external circumstance, environment and people. These are the ones who fail.
Quote:
since most of us did not go through an ordeal that forced us to grow the fuck up, you need your own determination to put yourself through what you need to in order to grow up/wake up. If you were to ask in detail about those who seem to have achieved that total independence you will find that they went through some modern society version of the "hero's journey" that made them become self-reliant, it's just not always as glamorous of a story

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:37 pm 

Nice. The corner never used to be an option. If you couldn't go hunt, or be able to protect everyone from the very real, life-threatening threats, you couldn't live. No one else could afford to have some asshole there sitting around all day and eating the food they caught, not contributing.

Now you can go through an entire life without confronting a single fear. Just live at home for a while. Go to school. Get a job doing something menial, just consume and live in the society that everyone else runs for you. You don't even have to think, we don't need your offspring to survive anymore.

So when it is not mandatory to become a man, you must consciously choose to do it even when there is more seductive option of just coasting

Others have been placed in situations in life where they did not have this option. They may have been great hardships but in a way they are a huge gift

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
Quote:
Because when you were too young to do anything about it, what Mom or teacher or whomever else thought of you determined whether or not you got the basic things you need to live, or were "allowed" to do anything that made you happy.
Makes sense :!:
Flow83 wrote:
Quote:
There is a reason boys went through brutal male initiations in essentially all tribes. It's in the animal kingdom everywhere, the animal is completely dependent on mom and dad and then they reject them, on your own, even if it kills you (and it often does) -- the mentality of the small boy does NOT just go away because you turn 16.
Very nicely put! At 16 internally I felt like a little boy. At 18 internally I felt like a boy. At 21 internally I felt like a big boy. At 22 internally I'm feeling a bit more grown up. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:33 pm 

Cool - yes it can be subtle.. even if you are feeling like you are the man vs. feeling like a piece of shit, the very act of looking to others/the world/success to validate that is actually boy mentality. We have some enormously powerful, influential, and successful men on this planet who, when you see things from this perspective, are just very big boys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 am 

Yes it seems society doesn't want any real MEN lurking among the crowds, because then they are a threat to the structure. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm 

They have all the toys and they don't want to share. It's pretty messed up when you think about it, that a lot of massive social injustice/dictatorship is just a bigger version of that same immature mentality.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

TheDude wrote:
Yes it seems society doesn't want any real MEN lurking among the crowds, because then they are a threat to the structure. :twisted:
The nail that stands tall gets hammered down.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
TheDude wrote:
The nail that stands tall gets hammered down.
Hence the need to cloak yourself...love it! 8-)

Remember guys...even Superman dressed down and wore glasses. ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:02 am 

Ok, I searched for cloaking, maybe missed it.

But I take it as 'flying under the radar' 'keeping an ace(es) up your sleeve'?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 am 
Site Admin

@Cloaking

It's like using a superheroe cape to cover you.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 am 

Ummm no...it's actually like using regular ass clothes to cover your Superman cape. :|

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Ummm no...it's actually like using regular ass clothes to cover your Superman cape. :|

:lol:

I fucking love this forum! :!:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Haha wtf!?

Well it is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:51 pm 

Understood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
^^THIS!!

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 pm 

Wait. We aren't actually writing about having to dress yourself down, because you've got so much influence? I got lost in translation. :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

TheDude wrote:
Wait. We aren't actually writing about having to dress yourself down, because you've got so much influence? I got lost in translation. :?
To provide perspective, I normally cruise around with a ball cap, glasses and some nerdy videogamey T-Shirt on...the guys don't give me a second look...too bad the same can't be said for the woman whose hand they are holding. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 pm 

^^

You undercover lover slash pimp!

"Your making too much noise. The loudest one in the room is usually the weakest one in the room..."
-American Gangster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm 

I remember you talking about dressing down. I don't like to though :|

I don't even really change my body language that much. Just the tiniest bit, the big thing is just look with the corner of my eyes most of the time. Tht way I'm not engaging any guys but I still see and feel if some is looking at me

I can be myself in plain sight and no guys is the wiser. If I don't actively try to be on their radar I'm not. :geek: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm 

You don't like to do a lot of things, Morpheus. ;)

...and try to remember...the vibe I naturally give off is probably at least 10 times stronger than yours because my mindset is solidified...if experience hadn't taught me that I need to go the extra mile to cloak, I wouldn't. :geek:

I'm all about making my walk thru life as painless as possible. 8-)