Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: WHO ARE WE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 am 

The who fuck are we?!

I'm not talking about humans and where we cam from. I'm talking about the shit you see written a few places "be yourself" "be who you are", and this is the great one 'be your AUTHENTIC SELF' oh that one boils my blood. I'm 22 and I don't fucking know my authentic self!!!

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN??? Be yourself??

What is everyone just pre-programmed at birth with 'who we are'. If that's the case, then how the hell can we change!

I'm tired of hearing this shit, 'be yourself'. My response is "WHO THE FUCK IS ME!" Garbage advice sometimes!

Post subject: Re: WHO ARE WE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:20 pm 

We are whoever we choose to be.

Your looking at it from the point of this static thing. You search for it and find it and that's it right? Then you'll always know.

Your always changing always evolving or at least you should be. There is a immense number of factors in any situation. It's pretty much impossible to know yourself completely.

An interesting metaphor is the ocean. It represents the mind especially subconscious aspects of ourselves. We know more about the dark side of the moon than the depths of the ocean

This also translates to the fact it's easier to see in others what we miss in ourselves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
We are whoever we choose to be.

Your looking at it from the point of this static thing. You search for it and find it and that's it right? Then you'll always know.

Your always changing always evolving or at least you should be. There is a immense number of factors in any situation. It's pretty much impossible to know yourself completely.

An interesting metaphor is the ocean. It represents the mind especially subconscious aspects of ourselves. We know more about the dark side of the moon than the depths of the ocean

This also translates to the fact it's easier to see in others what we miss in ourselves
Very well said, my young Padawan learner... :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:33 pm 

I think the statement be yourself, as common as it is, really translates to being comfortable in your own skin. Looking at your reflection honestly and accepting what you see. Not only on a physical level but even more so on a mental level. What experiences shaped you? Did you have a tough childhood? Things of that nature... and you can move from there.

Who you are is limited by who you think you are.. It all boils down to Being who YOU want to be, shaping yourself. Be your own artist and be your best potential. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 pm 

Quote:
You search for it and find it and that's it right?
I think your right. That's what my belief was. I'll find it once and then I'll just KNOW.

Being authentic could be when your aligned with what you want to do and do?

EDIT: My 'final destination' mentality is a mechanism I use to comfort myself. Once I'm 'there' then there will be no more pain or failures.
:lol:
I love this forum! Pussy will be the least of my worries in due time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:10 pm 

TheDude wrote:
The who fuck are we?!

I'm not talking about humans and where we cam from. I'm talking about the shit you see written a few places "be yourself" "be who you are", and this is the great one 'be your AUTHENTIC SELF' oh that one boils my blood. I'm 22 and I don't fucking know my authentic self!!!

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN??? Be yourself??

What is everyone just pre-programmed at birth with 'who we are'. If that's the case, then how the hell can we change!

I'm tired of hearing this shit, 'be yourself'. My response is "WHO THE FUCK IS ME!" Garbage advice sometimes!
I'd say, right now, you are you who doesn't know who he is. Embrace it. Then let it go. Give yourself and life some space.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm 

TheDude wrote:
Quote:
You search for it and find it and that's it right?
I think your right. That's what my belief was. I'll find it once and then I'll just KNOW.

Being authentic could be when your aligned with what you want to do and do?

EDIT: My 'final destination' mentality is a mechanism I use to comfort myself. Once I'm 'there' then there will be no more pain or failures.
:lol:
I love this forum! Pussy will be the least of my worries in due time.
Authentic is alignment with a purpose that transcends the current situation. To truly be able to do it requires self reflection in quiet time. If your looking to be authentic within the moment without the introspection part you become too effected my outside events.

Example would be if your with a girl. You've already done your introspection so you know what you are about and what lines you aren't willing to cross and which ones you are willing to bend to get past security. Your free to be authentic in the moment because you know what your about. And are just looking to have fun. You have nothing to lose...ironically as societies and personal illusions begin to fade you realize there is nothing to gain either :geek:

Which leads to a state of apathy..but hey happens to the best of us :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:02 am 
Site Admin

StephenP wrote:
I'd say, right now, you are you, who doesn't know who he is. Embrace it. Then let it go. Give yourself and life some space.
Bravo.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 pm 

I'm realizing more that "WHO WE ARE" is a moment to moment thing!

I am me. I cannot describe myself with words as "I'm funny, relaxed, etc...", because in a later time I may be something else.

The ego wants a definition and security of existence, but I am continuously changing on a thought level and biological level. "Change is the only constant in live".

The deeper I go down the rabbit whole and accept the things that come up the more my eyes begin to open! INSANE! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:48 pm 

TheDude wrote:
I'm realizing more that "WHO WE ARE" is a moment to moment thing!

I am me. I cannot describe myself with words as "I'm funny, relaxed, etc...", because in a later time I may be something else.

The ego wants a definition and security of existence, but I am continuously changing on a thought level and biological level. "Change is the only constant in live".

The deeper I go down the rabbit whole and accept the things that come up the more my eyes begin to open! INSANE! :shock:
Nice 8-)

Have you been reading 50th law?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:25 am 

I have.
I also picked up Ralph W. Emerson's book, Self Reliance, which looks like it will go well with the 50th Law.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 am 

I remember Mickey Royal said something like this: You can be whatever you want to be as long as you can get at least one other person to believe you.

Being is believing.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 am 

Speaking about believing...

I realized today the reason for my continuous frustration and lack of results was due to the fact that I never clearly envisioned where I want and what I want. I always read and posted without a sense of where I was going. Cause & effect: I ended up in a place near depression and loneliness. Wouldn't take any of it back though...priceless experience!

In short, many times I was caught looking for something in the dark (blurry direction).

I took time today to straighten out that crooked line and plan a future :D