Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: It's all just a game
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 am 

So sitting on my balcony, chilling out in the sun I had this thought hit me. I don't know if it's an epiphany, just this fleeting emotion or maybe a complete mindset change. But this is a rare "Holy Shit!" theory that might be right:

It all feels like a game. Like we've been programmed/conditioned into playing this game where you have to please other people, be careful not to offend them. Because caring about other people's opinion of me...it's always been about not "losing" and trying to "win" their approval, like it was some sort of scored game that I was scared to lose.

I feel like something has been lifted from my eyes. No idea if this "change" will be permanent, and I think I've read plenty that I shouldn't try to force it, so we'll see whatever this epiphany was. But damn, something resonated from deep within when this thought came to me.

Post subject: Re: It's all just a game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:55 pm 

Once you let go and really don't give a fuck people will try and pull you back in by trying to manipulate you with guilt; family members will especially be trying to do this, but don't let them, see it for what it is and just shake your head and laugh because you can see right through the shit.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 am 

Star_Above wrote:
Once you let go and really don't give a fuck people will try and pull you back in by trying to manipulate you with guilt; family members will especially be trying to do this, but don't let them, see it for what it is and just shake your head and laugh because you can see right through the shit.
Funny you mention that. I was just at my grandmother's house with some of my family this weekend. The only thing they talked to me about was how ungrateful I was, why I shouldn't be happy with myself and what I should improve on, all the while making me feel guilty that I'd want absolutely anything from my mother.

"You're almost 20, you should be doing everything yourself like grown ups do! But you're still a kid, so do everything your mother tells you"

I won't pretend like it doesn't bug me a little that I can't have normal family relations, but it is what it is. They started coming to shit the second I started letting go and stopped serving their every whim. It's like I've seen through their charade and they aren't too happy about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:53 pm 

moose35 wrote:

"You're almost 20, you should be doing everything yourself like grown ups do! But you're still a kid, so do everything your mother tells you"

I won't pretend like it doesn't bug me a little that I can't have normal family relations, but it is what it is. They started coming to shit the second I started letting go and stopped serving their every whim. It's like I've seen through their charade and they aren't too happy about it.
You don´t have to change them. You are free.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

Satori :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Had to google that, since the only Satori I knew was a marijuana strain, but yeah, quite a Satori I had this weekend :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 am 

Another thing moose, once they see that you are strong in your frame and won't give into their manipulation, they will submit to you and defend your position to others because of your strong frame...so don't fucking back down in your beliefs my good man!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 am 

moose35 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Had to google that, since the only Satori I knew was a marijuana strain, but yeah, quite a Satori I had this weekend :)

It's not weed lol. It's a term for flash of enlightenment.

I found that was never the case Star..people are stubborn in their ways.