Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Are we free?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 am 
Yo guys, I wrote this in my journal before and honestly I don't know where it came from. I just started writing this down and felt like it was coming from a place deep within me. I decided I have to share it because I feel like it is so important to hear.

The goal is freedom. We have been lied to about everything from the very beginning of our lives. At a very young age we are forced to spend our childhood inside of buildings where we are taught about how to "succeed", about what is right and wrong and we are forced into believing these things are true out of fear. 

If we don't follow the rules then we get in trouble. So at a very young age we get fingers pointed at us by adults and children that look at us like we have failed. So we fear this. We fear not being accepted before we can even understand the meaning of it or the meaning of freedom. The freedom to be yourself and be happy. Instead we are taught to follow the rules no matter what, from adults who don't even know better themselves. 

Now even as adults, that fear is still inside of us and it is still keeping us from seeing the truth. It still keeps us from freedom. From the natural freedom we are born into but we have it stripped away from us before we know better. We're too afraid to say fuck you to the system and just live our lives in peace and enjoyment. We're too afraid to just be happy for no reason. We think we need external things to make us complete.

No joke, in 8th grade, I was called stupid by my algebra teacher. I will never forget that. It totally fucked me up until I reached college. Now I'm taking calculus and I am receiving passing grades. But that is the type of system I grew up in. Where I had a supposedly "professional" disrespect me in front of an entire class. It was absolutely heartbreaking I'm not gonna lie. 

But we have the greatest opportunity we could possibly imagine. We have the opportunity to drop all if it. To say fuck it and come to that realization that we are completely free and that all this shit we worry about is simply a game. It holds no meaning. Our self image is a game we play with ourselves. Sometimes it makes us happy and sometimes it causes pain but the bottom line is, it's nothing. 

We have this opportunity to be free from the matrix. To let go of everything we've been taught and just let it fall to the ground and enjoy this incredible existence. It is the most important thing you could possibly do in your life. To see the truth and that truth is freedom.

So that is what I wrote down in my journal a little while ago. I had such a powerful feeling and realization while I was writing that. But I want to know from you guys because the posts I've been reading on here recently have been awesome, especially the post about hitting bottom and moose35s post "confusion", these are great topics that need to be discussed but I wanna know how you guys feel about this. I know that this is the most important thing that could ever happen to me. To see the truth. We discuss a lot about women on here but could you imagine how your life would be if you 100% let go of everything you've been taught about women and dating? Also everything you've been taught about being successful? Just be free from your self image completely. Total freedom. What do you guys think about it? All I know is I am running down the rabbit hole right now and I am never going to stop.

Post subject: Re: Are we free?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 am 

As children we're powerless to stop this process, as adults we can take control of the self creation process. Shallow things like personality and the way others think you are pale in comparsion to how convoluted and how much of a mystery everyone is even to themselves.

Any of us in developed countries have it good. They can say you need this and this to be successful, great. At the end of the day I don't give a sweet fuck what they think, it's just noise. :geek:

I feel you on the fact that we are culturely conditioned and people try to make you feel inadequate so they can feel good about themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 am 
Morpheus wrote:
Any of us in developed countries have it good. They can say you need this and this to be successful, great. At the end of the day I don't give a sweet fuck what they think, it's just noise.
I'm right with u brotha.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 am 

Quote:
The goal is freedom
You want to go down the rabbit hole, please allow me to take a seat on the GB's express ride :

[ img ]

Tell me, in what cases are you NOT free ?

When you do something to please others, when you're afraid of an outcome. (hint : you don't allow yourself to be free by thinking you have to do some specific things to have a specific outcome (being accepted, or expecting too much ...)
[ img ]

Go 'deeper' / Simplify it ...

When your idea of what should be is different from what is. (When you don't accept the laws of reality and whine about it (hint : you can't be mad at the sun from setting every evening, can you ?))

[ img ]

When you base your identity on your body, ((singing) *head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes* ...), your belongings, your house, your income ... 'your' thoughts, feelings (others's thoughts and feelings) ... (hint : See for yourself)

[ img ]

Can you tell me what else is there (*pointing at your head*) other than the memory you have, what you have been taught ?

Do you think, or do thoughts appear spontaneously ?

Why do you keep asking such questions ? Is there an answer ? (hint : Of all the answers all the great sages (and everybody, including on this forum) have given you, IS THERE ONE that has made the question disappear ? Surely if an answer is adequate you would stop asking, no ?)

[ img ]
What do you see in this picture ?
Do you ask questions in order to get answers, or did someone gave you answers (Which turned into ideas about Reincarnation, Freedom ...) and now you ask questions ?
Are you seeking answers or do you want to confirm the 'answer' given by another ? (hint : ASK ME SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN ASKED BEFORE ! :lol: )
You don't even have questions ... you have answers ... but they are not your answers ... why do you keep them, eh ? :o
Instead of asking questions to confirm the answers, why not see that the answer is NOT adequate from the start. (hint : EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS BEEN TOLD TO YOU, from language to identity, love ...)

Simplify it ...

Why did I remove the 'go deeper' part ? (hint : Is someone going to church 'deeper' than the one enjoying beer with friends playing Street fighters ? (Kidd if you read this :mrgreen: )

[ img ]
You are not going to get anything here. You are wasting your time. Pack up and go! That is my message. I have nothing to give. You have nothing to take. If you continue to sit there you are wasting your time. The one thing you have to do is get up and go. If you still think I can give you something you'll have to sit there until kingdom come. I have nothing to give. There's nothing to be given. The holy business, I am not in it. I don't want a thing. I have nothing to give so there's no breach of contract here; nothing. I don't want anything. You may think that I am talking for self-fulfillment. If I do, that will be my tragedy, my misery. So you are out. You are not interested in involving yourself in my tragedy.

I do not give a damn for you. I know you are doomed. If you think something is going to happen and sit here day after day, week after week, year after year, waiting till kingdom come, even then no kingdom will come. Go where you will and do what you want! I tell you very clearly, loud and clear, in clear, unmistakable language, that there is nothing to be communicated now or at any time. I am really surprised, in spite of that assertive statement you hang on here. It is your funeral. You are chasing something which does not exist. There is nothing to be transformed, nothing to be changed, nothing to be understood. So long as you want to be like me you will remain what you are, asking the same questions. You will get the same answer. The one answer for all questions is, “Stop asking questions!

Then again, hopefully reading this you'll think :
[ img ]

Then what ?
[ img ]

Do you like chopping woods ? :arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:51 am 

Quote:
But we have the greatest opportunity we could possibly imagine. We have the opportunity to drop all if it. To say fuck it and come to that realization that we are completely free and that all this shit we worry about is simply a game. It holds no meaning. Our self image is a game we play with ourselves. Sometimes it makes us happy and sometimes it causes pain but the bottom line is, it's nothing.
You're right about that, but believe me, knowing this will not make it magically go away. That shit is rooted so deep within your identity, that what you should be doing is finding out what it is that's holding you back, why it's holding you back and acknowledge it. Let it be there and do it's thing instead of trying so hard to get rid of it and it'll stop holding you back.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:17 pm 

moose35 wrote:
That shit is rooted so deep within your identity
Only if you allow it to misdirect your attention.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:30 pm 

Quote:
Can you please expand on that a bit?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:12 pm 

You are free until you are taught to think about it.

The glimpses you've had are when you are too present to even possibly consider the question.

The key word is "realize" -- not to just know intellectually or even completely believe (faith) but to actually experience it.

When you have a dream at night, who is creating the ENTIRE dream and every character in it?

How often do you realize you are dreaming while still inside the dream (NOT after the fact) and actually realize it's all you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 pm 

Every teaching, west or east, that really has it boils it down in one form or another to this.

You no longer identify with the 'self' but with awareness itself. "I am that" -- "identified with beingness" --
It can be and sound very abstract until you have glimpses of it.

One quick way to get in touch with it.

Say to yourself "OK, i'm going to close my eyes and look deeply inside myself, look at what i'm feeling and thinking."

*What's doing the looking?*

If you can look at something, it can't be you.. by definition. So the self you can look at it is not you, it's the actual consciousness itself.. identification with that is freedom.

It does not mean total control over external circumstances, it is the total absence of fear and total surrender/acceptance of what is there because nothing can actually touch that awareness.

You can have a movie screen showing all sorts of horrible violent images but nothing happens to the screen itself. If you identify w/ the movie you suffer, the screen you watch it all happen.

An example of how a free one acts in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9gSKswpUc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
moose35 wrote:
Quote:
Can you please expand on that a bit?

Like flow said, you can just choose to ignore it and be at peace. You think it's easier if you try to dig into your issues and try to find out exactly where they came from? That's going to take a lot of energy out of you and in the end your going to let go anyway. So why not just let it go in the first place? You most likely already know where all that mental garbage came from anyway. Social matrix?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

themanwiththehat wrote:My mind keeps telling me - "If there is no-me, where are these thoughts speculating that there is no me coming from? What calls these thoughts into existence?"

Right. That's okay we have a system to deal with that. We use the scientific method to test thoughts like this.
Here's our system.
1. Take the statement and break it down to find the assumptions or untested/unchallenged beliefs in it.
2. Test the assumptions/beliefs to see if they hold up. Are they true?
Look for empirical first hand evidence here. Look at your own experience of reality right now. This is first person science, not introspection or philosophy. Remember that. Your immediate reality is your laboratory
3. Amend the original hypothesis accordingly.
5. Repeat until the hypothesis is built on a strong assumption/leap of faith free foundation.
6. Test the hypothesis.

There are a few ways to go with this.
The first and most obvious way is to abstract.

"If there is no me where are the thoughts speculating that there is no me coming from"

If we break that down, we see that there is an assumption that thought requires a self. Does it? Test this and see. Do thoughts require you to think them up? Can they happen without you thinking them up?
Actually answer these questions before you read on. Get the simplest possible answer that you can. Yes or No.
Do thoughts happen without a self willing them to happen?

No.
Thoughts don't always require a self to think them.
They can be automatic.

The hypothesis cannot be amended in this case. It has become incoherent, the question has become irrelevant, an error.

The second way to approach this is a lot more immediate.
Instead of analyzing the elements of the hypothesis, take a look around and find the

1. Take a look at your immediate reality for evidence of a self.
2. Test that evidence for assumptions/beliefs to see if it holds up. Is evidence for the existence of your body or thoughts direct evidence for the existence of your self? Is a leap of faith or an assumption required here? If they are then throw the evidence out, it doesn't prove a self.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all of the evidence for a self has been tested.

Now. Keep in mind absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. You also need evidence of absence.
For that you need to investigate the following.

Is there evidence for the absence of self?

Do the things you think of as YOU experience your life. Or are they experiences in your life?
Take a look at your immediate reality now and see. Test it.
Liberation doesn't happen because we see an absence of evidence for the existence of self.
It happens when we directly see the absence of self on a personal level.
You are looking for evidence that there is no self.
Are the things that you thought of as part of your self actually part of your self or part of life?
Does life work perfectly well when these things are part of the experience of life, rather than part of the experiencer of life?

Do your thoughts require a self?
Do your bodily actions require a self?
Is there a self needed in any way for your life to function?

Do YOU appear in your life or does life appear to you?
Where is the you it appears to investigate that, look for direct evidence of the absence of self.

Part of the reason this is so empowering is that, a lot of the things we thought of as part of us and so detached from the experience of life, are in fact life experiences, and as such subject to change. Is there anything you thought of as "you" that is not subject to change?

I really want you to work hard with this post I've given you.
It's more than enough to liberate you. Take it seriously do your best with it.
Look for the evidence of absence of self, and not the other way around.
Test everything.

Good luck.
Info:
http://www.truthstrike.com/central/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76&p=1282#p1282