Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Confusion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:04 am 

Quote:
This blew my noodle quite a bit. So give up control over anything at all ever happening and just observing and enjoying what you can't control? Is that it?
It just means that if you ever find yourself attached to something for a minute don't beat yourself up over it, you're human it will happen, just be fine with it, which will then bring you non-attachment about being attached to it...so the attachment will go away.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:28 am 

Star_Above wrote:
Quote:
This blew my noodle quite a bit. So give up control over anything at all ever happening and just observing and enjoying what you can't control? Is that it?
It just means that if you ever find yourself attached to something for a minute don't beat yourself up over it, you're human it will happen, just be fine with it, which will then bring you non-attachment about being attached to it...so the attachment will go away.
"Wanting nothing is enlightenment. Wanting enlightenment is still wanting" Ramana Maharshi
Q: Even if you understand the right or wrong of the matter....

UG: It is not a question of calling it right or wrong. There is no way out. Anything you do to get out of this trap which you yourself have created is strengthening and fortifying it.

Q: Yes, exactly.

UG: So, you are not ready to accept the fact that you have to give up. A complete total surrender. I don't want to use that word `surrender', because it has certain mystical overtones. It is a state of hopelessness which says that there is no way out of this situation. Any movement, in any direction, on any level, is taking you away from that. Maybe something can happen there, we don't know. But even that hope that something will happen is still a hope.

Q: So you give up completely?

UG: You see, giving up something in the hope of getting something else in its place is not really giving up. There is nothing to give up there. The very idea of giving up, the very idea of denying certain things to yourself, is in the hope of getting something else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
Lastly just remember that this shit will usually be confusing and gets more clear the more you do it.

If you were trying to understand how all the muscles worked and your inner ear and balance and all that shit before you stepped on the bike it'd be 10 years before you ever just got on the damn thing and by that point you'd have way too much going on your head to just let your body adjust and ride the damn bike.

A lot of stuff clicked on what I should be doing when I read this analogy. I'm having this kind of dreamy feeling where the part of my brain that should be caring about the outside world and adjusting is dulled and I feel like I'm more on autopilot. Who knows if that's right though.

Should I try to do this consciously? Sit down, close my eyes and all that? Or does that mean that I'm forcing it, which is attachment?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:41 pm 

moose35 wrote:

A lot of stuff clicked on what I should be doing when I read this analogy. I'm having this kind of dreamy feeling where the part of my brain that should be caring about the outside world and adjusting is dulled and I feel like I'm more on autopilot. Who knows if that's right though.

Should I try to do this consciously? Sit down, close my eyes and all that? Or does that mean that I'm forcing it, which is attachment?
Yes you should definitely do this consciously if you want to explore it and want to experience the benefits :) It's attachment to the results that we let go of, you still engage passionately in life. If you want to play basketball you gotta shoot baskets, don't not practice/learn something out of the concept that doing anything = attachment -- just don't get too obsessed with am i doing it right, are the results showing up yet, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:28 pm 

moose35 wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
Lastly just remember that this shit will usually be confusing and gets more clear the more you do it.

If you were trying to understand how all the muscles worked and your inner ear and balance and all that shit before you stepped on the bike it'd be 10 years before you ever just got on the damn thing and by that point you'd have way too much going on your head to just let your body adjust and ride the damn bike.

Note the word 'should' and 'right' in what you wrote. There's just what is.