Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: HATE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm 

Love is a 4 letter word for a reason.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Love is a 4 letter word for a reason.
Heh. It's been used to mean so many things, even extremely conflicting things, and had so many things done in it's name that the word has almost become meaningless.. it's as bad as "God" in having a clear definition. I like to forget the word and just explore whatever emotional content is (or isn't) there.. and in time all that really matters is what's there for YOU.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm 

People don't look inside without a major catalyst usually. It's painful, and most of the time the situation isn't discomforting enough.

That's how patterns of behavior are passed down generations. :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
People don't look inside without a major catalyst usually. It's painful, and most of the time the situation isn't discomforting enough.

That's how patterns of behavior are passed down generations. :geek:
Very good point. Adyashanti has some amazing stuff where he talks about this and how in fact in many cases, the only way many people ever really look at the truth and deal with what's inside is when they completely "bottom out."

One example he gives is for a drug addict, often the bottoming out everything has to completely collapse for just even a split second of admitting and seeing "ok, i'm a drug addict" and dealing with it.

For whatever reason we tend to need extreme catalysts to go w/ in, probably because there is a discomfort to it and most will not willingly step into discomfort/unknown unless there becomes literally no choice.

Same applies for "spiritual" people and this is actually what happened to eckhart tolle if you read his story. Suffering reached a point of resolve or be destroyed basically.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:20 am 

I can personally attest to that.

What initially set me off on my journey years ago was hitting rock bottom, I never bothered to look in or consider the direction of my life and actions before that point.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm 

I've never really hit bottom. Things could always be worse :geek:

It's more like one of those ancient scale things, they used to weigh stuff. Everything is in a balance when discomfort from your current situation outweighs the background noise of ignorance is when change begins to take place.

It's not like the stuff you see on Oprah either where someone is completely perfect almost instantly. It's a series of fuck ups, followed by self revelation, then hopefully slightly less fuck ups :lol: then more revelation.

Everyone can go to the gym not everyone will pick up the weight.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm 

Man. So much in this thread... Definitely some dark stuff, but so much that is important to see too. Treasure chest?

Sorry if this gets a little long...
Merrick wrote:
Life is a lonely shitty place. No cunt is ever going to change that shit. No one is.
Theres no reason to live, we all turn into rotting corpses anyway.
Won´t have a satisfiying future anyway.
There is no reason to live, but there is no reason to die either. I think those that commit suicide miss this point - if there's no point to doing anything and nobody's ever going to change, then there's really no point to killing yourself either... I think Merrick even echoed this somewhere else in the thread, but I just wanted to reiterate it.
Merrick wrote:
Fuck this shit.
I won´t get rid of my self-hate- or the contempt I have for others.
I wish someone would just shoot me in the head point blank so this I can get this over with.
Tried solving my problems but every step made me more messed up.
Too much attachment still. Why won't you get rid of your self hate and contempt? Why do you insist on hanging onto that when you have clearly given up many of the other illusions you once had?
Jared wrote:
Merrick wrote:
I'll need to get my shit together quick.. unemployed, angry, frustrated, lonely.
Broken inside. My mother said i was a no good, all time failure, psychopath. A coward.
What if she had called you a rocking chair?
Would you have believed it?
Haha. Awesome. This might be the best Jared quote I've read yet.

The Kidd!! wrote:
HANDLE THE FUCKING TRUTH ALREADY...the sooner you do, the sooner you can start doing constructive shit to improve your lot in life.

Neo couldn't learn Kung Fu and kick ass inside the Matrix until he puked his fucking guts out, passed out, then eventually HANDLED THE FUCKING TRUTH IN THE REAL WORLD.

Moral of the story is: QUIT YOUR FUCKING CRYING AND MAN THE FUCK UP ALREADY. Once you do that, INDEPENDENT of what THEY think, you will earn a respect from them that you never imagined possible.
^^^ THIS!
Dali wrote:
Before this 'manning up' I collapsed when the weak display of {my mother's} begun; I felt like shit, and sometimes cried in my room because of the (inconsiderateness, grossiness, jerkishness, and how feisty I was) because of the shame she instiled in me. But not anymore. I can see clearly now. Now I am Icy and cold (when I check and assess the situation logically of course and is a clear disadvantage and abuse for me)... And it really feels weird, but is very liberating. It's like breaking the chains of motherhood in sense.

Even your beloved mom is part of the matrix, and she's programmed to manipulate you.
I love it - "Break the chains of motherhood." I'd say this is probably the most deeply programmed aspect of the matrix, that we all inherently "love our mothers". I mean the programming says that the only people that don't love their mothers are murdering rapist psychopaths (and even then, I seem to remember some movie where one of the characters says, "Even murderer's love their mothers...") Why is it that insulting your mom is considered completely taboo, while insulting your dad doesn't carry the same weight?

I don't love my mother. I see her as just another flawed human, pushed into doing what she has done because she has needs and wants that she is trying to fulfill in whatever way she can. She is just a person like any other - there is nothing that makes her different from anyone else I meet...

You['re mom is] not special. You{'re mom} is not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're {mom is} the same decaying organic matter as everything else. - Tyler Durden {edited by Meraki}
Star_Above wrote:
it's psychological warfare and a game with EVERYONE!! Even your mother. And remember, you don't owe anybody shit people, if your parents say "You were lucky we raised you good, you had food and a bed"...well guess what, if they didn't provide that for you you would have died and their asses would have went to jail....who does what for who?
Nicely put. My parents may have provided for me in the past, but that is not justification to let them manipulate and take advantage of me now. I fully expect that there will be a time in the future when my parents need to be taken care of in the same way when they can no longer take care of themselves. At that point I will provide for them in their weak state the same way they provided for me when I was a child and couldn't provide for myself. Until that time, however, I have decided to not let them manipulate me by playing the "we raised you" card. Whatever debt I "owe" them for providing for me while I was growing up will be repaid only once they really NEED it, not just because they WANT it.
Sniper wrote:
I wouldn't put it like that Star,

your parents love you but like everyone else they have issues and programs they are dealing with.

for our parents it was harder to change the inner issues and programs because they didn't know or have access to inner work like we do now esp. with the internet...
I disagree Sniper.

I have 2 points for you to consider. 1: what do you mean by "your parent's love you"? I don't think my parent's love me. They get value out of me (or try to), but that is not the same thing as loving me... See: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=262

2: It does not matter why our parents are the way they are - that's simply a distraction from the truth of the matter. They are in the matrix, and they are programmed by the matrix just like everyone else around us. Remember from the movie - anyone who is still in the matrix, even your own mother, can turn into an agent at a moments notice:

"Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
[Neo's eyes suddenly wander towards a woman in a red dress.]
Morpheus: If you are not one of us, you are one of them."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQozTxQSiE&noredirect=1
Flow83 wrote:
Peace is not the absence of pain, peace is there even during pain if the pain is not resisted and allowed to be there.
^^^ THIS! I've studied Zen a fair bit, and essentially Zen believes that "enlightenment" is non-attachment. One thing the monks at the monastery I visit say is that the more your legs hurt while meditating, the more progress your making. The more you meditate, the more flexible you become, and the less your legs hurt while sitting. Becoming non-attached to the pain and letting it go is a powerful exercise.

------------------------

As far as the love question - one way I look at it is if you want (of your own accord) to give someone more value than you get in return (and you are aware of this), then you love them. If they want to do the same back to you, then you love each other. If you love someone, then there is no reason to manipulate them, because you are already giving them more than you're getting back in return, so its illogical to then try to manipulate them into giving you more back. If someone trys to manipulate you, then it means that they want to get back more in return than they give, and therefore they inherently don't love you. Show me someone who is completely non-manipulative to you, and I'll show you someone who loves you.

My parents both try to manipulate me. My mother especially is incredibly manipulative. She does not love me - she just want to get something out of me.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm 

Quote:
My mother especially is incredibly manipulative. She does not love me - she just want to get something out of me.
Ditto :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm 

Mine used to be

Funny what can happen with a little space 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:55 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Mine used to be

Funny what can happen with a little space 8-)
I've been giving her huge space for 5 years now. Not much change...

Might be because my Dad is still sympin' really bad, so even though I've given her tons of space, she's still accustomed to manipulating and getting away with it.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 pm 

Quote:
she's still accustomed to manipulating and getting away with it.
It's impossible to get a junkie off of drugs if you are the only one not giving them drugs. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
she's still accustomed to manipulating and getting away with it.
It's impossible to get a junkie off of drugs if you are the only one not giving them drugs. ;)

Perfect analogy... Couldn't have said it better myself...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 pm 

Back on my feet, worked out some future perspective. I have a job and a decent social life again.
Will post about some recent experiences in a short while :)
:arrow: This thread can be closed now. ;)

Last edited by Merrick on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm 

Ummmmm...we don't tend to close threads around here...you never know who might be inspired by what in the future. :geek:

That said, glad you've moved on. 8-)