Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Born into Bondage
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:23 am 

That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind. -Morpheus

Much of what we discuss on this forum is hidden in the everyday outside world. Meaning, not many consciously seek to see the truth. They, the masses, believe what to be in front of their eyes as the truth.

I'm somewhat like the masses. I took everything I saw as "truth/reality". I see therefore it is real. I never question why I NEEDED to attend school. Where was the choice? How come drop-outs carried with them a negative energy? Why do I have to be polite? Why can't I chew with my mouth open? I didn't know how deep this place would take you. PUA skims the surface of the world. Not even taking you deep enough to have to wear protective gear.

With PUA I knew the road map: work on confidence, social logistics, approach, trial & error, follow what others have used, etc. With this path though I'm unsure where it will take me. It's causing a bit of stress and uncertainty. More so its effecting my focus and commitment. You work so hard, and then you realize there's nothing at the end of the rainbow. No GUARANTEE here to comfort your insecurities: Do this and you'll be XY & Z!!! Maybe this is what it means to really walk your own path. Do what feels right for you and be ready to handle what comes next. I'm sure that is the mind playing control games on me though and nothing, but false thoughts to send me off in the wrong direction.

I can see why Cypher wanted to go back to being IGNORANT. The reality of life can be unsettling. We weren't raised to see with open eyes. Instead, everything is sugar coated for our hairless asses :D . But, to go back to being ignorant is to give up.

Freedom was taken away from us as soon as we left our mothers womb. At young ages we are programmed rules that although serve a purpose will later lead to walls and hangups: don't talk to strangers; obey the LAW; listen to your elders. To certain extents many never see freedom. For that matter I can't even envision freedom at this moment. My father was never free. He was bonded to his bills, his alimony, his debt, his own FEAR that runs his life. What is freedom? Is your freedom different than mine, or is there one universal freedom?

You read so many books and seek so much knowledge that you find yourself being confused. Is it a good confusion? I'm not sure...I'm confused. I thought these books and knowledge was supposed to set me free? Did they unlock the doors that where once locked and I just still haven't walked through them yet?

Post subject: Re: Born into Bondage
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 am 

TheDude wrote:
I thought these books and knowledge was supposed to set me free? Did they unlock the doors that where once locked and I just still haven't walked through them yet?
patience....
you just saw 'the real world' it hurts at first, but with time you will see freedom.

You have to understand that you are dealing with years of social conditioning - it's not like you can just read and Boom: everything will be perfect right away...
(that's what the quick fixes guys say: but in reality you know it doesn't work....)

go easy and take your time to understand the real world ;)

[ img ]

Also don't see things in black and white, society needs some rules...
Quote:
Why do I have to be polite? Why can't I chew with my mouth open?
if people start to act\talk like shit to each other, fart in public places and chew with their mouth open- the world would not be such a cool place to live in ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 am 

theDude wrote:
What is freedom? Is your freedom different than mine, or is there one universal freedom?
The better question would be what does freedom mean to you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 am 

Sniper wrote:
You have to understand that you are dealing with years of social conditioning - it's not like you can just read and Boom: everything will be perfect right away...
(that's what the quick fixes guys say: but in reality you know it doesn't work....)
That was the Pua road. The "quick-fix" market is huge in the US. I guess I still have parts of me invested in that market.

Quote:
Also don't see things in black and white, society needs some rules...
Quote:
Why do I have to be polite? Why can't I chew with my mouth open?
I agree, those rules serve a universal purpose to make the world a better place. I guess I was gasping for air with those comments :?
Resonance wrote:
theDude wrote:
What is freedom? Is your freedom different than mine, or is there one universal freedom?
The better question would be what does freedom mean to you?
I have yet to define it for myself.