Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 am 

on my journey of self discovery and during my bout to keep the ego under subjection, I was reading about the ID, Ego and Super Ego.
when I read the definition of the ID it basically translated to the unconscious part of our mind. this is where Sex, Hunger , Anger and Thirst reside ( our most basic/primitive urges).
Quote:
I am thinking that PuA and people who tap out for blue pill reality are people who are controlled by their ID. I think that they are lead by the "pleasure principle.
if you are into the "thrill of the chase", you are ID driven.
if you have poor eating habits, ID driven.
if you are easily angered....

the reality principle should then be the aim.
the reality principle still has pleasure on it's agenda, but it is delayed pleasure, pleasure obtained through taking into account reality ( observation,analysis).
the reality principle also goes hand in hand with Deferred gratification, meaning that if you really want something, instead of going for it primitively, a person should use patience, impulse control, will power....

( this was a little rushed, but I hope the general idea comes across properly. I am still in the process of putting it together in a better fashion)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm 

Prodigy wrote:
on my journey of self discovery and during my bout to keep the ego under subjection, I was reading about the ID, Ego and Super Ego.
I have read a lot of Sigmund Freud writing in the past, but never thought about it in the context of the PUAs. This could be intresting....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:53 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Prodigy wrote:
8-) , I can dig that.
I am thinking that PuA and people who tap out for blue pill reality are people who are controlled by their ID. I think that they are lead by the "pleasure principle".
That is an interesting hypothesis...I'd wager that you might be on to something! :ugeek:

it still needs a little more structure,but it's quite enlightening when broken down to its core.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:20 pm 

everybody's reality is different. we may all share general and or similar scenes (world is round, different countries, gov't etc.) but each person views life in their particular fashion.

when we were younger, we developed impatience when we became Filthy,hungry, tired, or wasn't getting attention from the outside world. this is why some people seem to possess an insatiable appetite for attention. each time we became impatient and the outside world catered to us, we developed more dependency to these things.

this impatience that we developed, is itself also tied to another feeling. it is a feeling which reacts in a particular part of the Body i.e, stomach=Hunger, Brain/body gets tired=you needed to be comforted (rocked) to sleep. Genitals ( I know a seven year old Boy who is still on the Tit :| , it ain't milk he's sucking for.) a need to be with the opposite Parent (don't think your Kid is only trying to sleep with you just because they are "scared".

as these children age, they have enough time to explore the things which were eventually suppressed in the ID/subconscious, also on a subconscious level ;) . they crave the pleasure they received when they satisfied these feelings and thus they add menial emotions on top of these pleasures which become the guiding light of their lives.

a high percent of Men are still blind because they can't suppress the call of the Tits.
The Chronically Obese (especially the ones who are that way because of eating, not by genetics *which is caused by primitive conditioning) are that way because they have no control over the call of the stomach.
People hooked on Barbiturates still long to be rocked to la la land.

The Person who steps above these emotional calls ( I have another theory on where emotions are born)
and logically directs their ways have a more "hands on the steering wheel of life" kind of vibe going. People who are emotionally driven to me operate on a type of auto pilot. a man on auto pilot whenever he sees a bitch,he just looks! nah, just STEERS (steers visually and reacting emotionally,with his hands ;) )at the bitch and thoughts pop in his head which forces him to chase the bitch.
This person who uses his "Higher Mind" ( Iron Man and the Yin Yan Warrior ;) ) has no problem in observing simple actions in a person and telling what a possible future outcome may be.
The goal is to develop this "Higher Mind" and control the urges which try drive us.

The Pleasure Principle resides in all of us, but it is up to you to Navigate your "Reality".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo, now go deeper and flesh it out a bit more.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm 

I like your observations

For me, even this boils down to being aware of Choice, or not.

I'm interested in the theory you mentioned, about where are emotions born

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:25 pm 

Great stuff.
Quote:
The goal is to develop this "Higher Mind" and control the urges which try drive us.
Consider this - maybe the right word instead of "developing" would be "discovering"? I mean, discover what is beneath the false programming we got from society.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 pm 

Benjamin wrote:
Great stuff.
Quote:
Consider this - maybe the right word instead of "developing" would be "discovering"? I mean, discover what is beneath the false programming we got from society.
8-) , if one doesn't know it's there then it's a discovery, but if one knows it' there then they can build it up and make it better.

@Fufe, I'll gather my thoughts and post soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:03 pm 
good post, but I don't think there is this "higher mind" that you are talking about. Freud also states that problems may arise from being too into the "reality principle". Basic emotions and drives in the ID are healthy to a certain extent just like the superego is healthy, especially for the society and culture.

A focus on the "reality" is always good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm 

rkd1990 wrote:
good post, but I don't think there is this "higher mind" that you are talking about. Freud also states that problems may arise from being too into the "reality principle". Basic emotions and drives in the ID are healthy to a certain extent just like the superego is healthy, especially for the society and culture.

A focus on the "reality" is always good.
Jung believed in it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm 

Ok, where do emotions come from?

Emotions develop deeeeeeeeep within the Id.
think about how you react when you smell a particular scent, when you hear a specific sound, some type of feeling usually overwhelms you , but sometimes we just think we just like that certain thing.
look at anger and fear. the same thing usually angers the average person repeatedly, if they stop and try to remember "why" does this thing anger me, or make me afraid, it can usually be traced back to the "initial moment of contact" where our survival instinct sub conscious meets the outside world and we have no way to guard ,but we have the encounter and either it is pleasant or it is not, we tie a specific feeling to it.

I was talking with a guy I usually work with and he was telling me that he had spent the night at his mother's house. he said it was the best sleep had gotten in a long time because he could hear the rain drops clearly as they hit the roof. he said that he couldn't explain the feeling, but how peaceful, relaxed and Happy he felt.