Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:15 pm 

It seems to me many of us have gone through and tried affirmations. I followed Cory Skyy's advice and Brent's suggestions as they thought it was the holy grail back in the day. Long story short, it didn't work for me at all and I don't recommend it.

We have talked about this before, but after spending some time letting go, I realized the true value in doing affirmations. Disclaimer: I think it's absolute hooey when used to try to force something to happen. If you are attached about getting something, or are obsessed to having it manifest into your life like if it's some hocus pocus shit, then it's absolute hooey.

I have taken the time to delve deep and see into it even though I am not interested in doing affirmations anymore.

See I don't think that it's valuable to just start and lie to yourself about something that isn't a part of your reality. The big problem in this is that you get so attached to what you are trying to make happen or affirm its way into reality.

What we truly want is not to bang a hot woman, be rich, etc. but rather what that will make us feel. So, in this sense much of the success that others have had with affirmations is due to the fact that they are getting in touch with the real source of freedom and happiness in themselves by effectively lying to themselves about already having it.

It's not about getting those things per se, rather than being complete, happy and free. With people who are really attached to getting certain things, this tends to work great because they attribute those feelings to what they are trying to achieve. So they immediately have access to their inherent freedom, happiness and joy that they are really after. However, it's so weak not to look further and see that we are the true source of that wellbeing, which is not dependent on what we get.

Problem is, freedom and happiness have shit to do with getting those things and there is no struggling required in reciting lines to convince yourself of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:27 pm 

diego I lost you in that post....
you talked about being happy but I didn't understand what affirmations have to do with it or what's the value in affirmations (if there is any). I think you should explain better....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 pm 

Sure thing, I'll give it another shot.

You make an affirmation: "I want to be rich". You want that because of how that will make you feel: happy, abundant, fulfilled, etc. If that goal didn't make you feel that way, then why would you pursue it? You just wouldn't want it.

What you really want is how that particular goal will make you feel.

Now, YOU are the one making the connection that "I want to be rich" = happiness, success, etc. because of the meaning you give it. When all along it's been you who is responsible for the feelings of happiness, abundance, etc. that arise within you. No outside event is responsible for that, only you.

So my point with affirmations is that some people get success when doing them, because of the fact that they are granted access to their inner happiness by means of their attachments. Since, you act and affirm that you are already rich, and you want it so bad, then you get into the space of how having that feels like.

This space is your true inner well being that is not conditioned or limited to achievements of goals.

Again what you truly want to have are the feelings, but your attachment to the goal has blinded you to go for it head on, so you go through the ardous route of plowing and depending on your attachments to give you brief moments of happiness.

So when doing affirmations you get a glimpse of it, but you have to keep up the effort and the lies to fully get there. Eventually, if the money doesn't show up in reality, you get frustrated because you are doing the work but it's not happening. The attachment is too strong to realize that you are after the feelings and not the actual material thing or manifestation in life, which doesn't have any inherent meaning other than what you give it.

It's about the FEELINGS not about banging women, getting more dollar bills or having a big ass house.

The whole point of the goal all along is to get the feelings. So the affirmations charade helps out as long as you don't really care whether you get what you want or not. But if that is the case, there would be no need for affirmations, because by then you realize you are the source of your happiness and well being.

Let me know if this is clearer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm 

diego wrote:
The whole point of the goal all along is to get the feelings. So the affirmations charade helps out as long as you don't really care whether you get what you want or not. But if that is the case, there would be no need for affirmations, because by then you realize you are the source of your happiness and well being.
yea that makes sense. Someone once said (in a different thread) that I should do affirmations but at the same time not care if I get the goal or not. Then I said:
well if I don't care then what's the point of doing affirmations?

if someone is doing affirmations he is waiting to get something out of them otherwise he would not be doing them...

So in the end: instead of doing affirmations, learn to let go of the beleifs you don't want\like. And once you let go you don't need affirmations...

Regarding Brent and Corry- yea I beleive these guys had other things that made them successful- they may have thought it was affirmations but what really got them the success was not affirmations.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:55 pm 

Dumbo believed in his magic feather...but that was ultimately not the reason he could fly. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:37 am 

I've tried affirmations for many years. Yeah, might thoughts on a subject changed, but at the expense of a sore throat from saying my affirmations for hundreds of times a day.

I've come to the conclusion that describing a scene of what you would like to occur is so much more effective than single statements. As a single statement cannot relay all the sensory data that is needed to make a visualization occur. But then, there are people who are very verbal thinking, and I think affirmations work best for them. And there are others at the other extreme end of the pendulum who are extremely visual and affirmations won't work for them at all. Or maybe it does, as a single statement might bring up lots of sensory Most people fall somewhere in between and must use both. Therefore, a paragraph or more that actually describes an outcome is probably best for most people.

Anyway, I'm stoked on Rishan Bhagat's stuff. While I'm too new to this technique, it is working wonders in my mind. I know the LoA is real--I just never quite put together how I manifested the stuff I did. It seems someone else has done that for me. Check out this free stuff: http://attractingabundancehq.com/video- ... -you-want/

You'll get the free stuff when you click the "back" button. Or simply try to click away from the page. It will ask you if you really want to go to the former/next page while offering you freebies.

Yeah, I know I look like an affiliate. But I'm not. I'm just really "wowed" by this technique. Single statement affirmations do not work for me. But getting relaxed and describing how i want my life to be is really profound--I think. I definitely notice a shift in my thinking.