Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Indifference 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:22 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:

Ummm...I get that you're passionate and all...but you DO know who you're currently addressing, right? :|

Trust me, I don't need any instruction in this area. :geek:
Hey man, no need to assert yourself as being the shit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm 

diego wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

Ummm...I get that you're passionate and all...but you DO know who you're currently addressing, right? :|

Don't project your feelings of inadequacy at me, please...it is sooooo not cool. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Last edited by The Kidd!! on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm 

You can still work it all out within your dreams

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Yep 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
And see some really cool shit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
diego wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

Don't project your feelings of inadequacy at me, please...it is sooooo not cool. :geek:
:lol:

On the subconscious subject :
Quote:
The third day Krishnamurti suddenly began talking about subconscious and unconscious states of mind. U.G. reacted by saying, 'I don't see any mind in me, let alone a subconscious or unconscious mind. So why are you talking to me about these states?' Krishnamurti replied, 'Sir, for you and me there is no such thing as a subconscious or unconscious mind. But I am using these terms for those people....' He was referring to the other people at the discussion meeting. U.G. then told him that he was using him as a sounding board for his discussions and that he was not interested in 'that kind of a game.' Soon after that U.G. stopped participating in the public discussions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Oh the subconscious is real...and it's not that it's impossible to access...it's just unpleasant (in most cases) and difficult to access. It's also where repressed memories are stored. It is very real indeed...but it's funny to watch how some of you guys will still jump at the chance to try some Hooey that might make your journey a little bit shorter and easier. :roll:

You get out of it what you put into it...if you're gonna half ass it then you will always only have half ass results...but hey, it's not affecting my life so have fun. :lol:
This is very true.

I have a feeling there are still some memories I have repressed, which means I'm still not ready to face them. And I'm ok with that, no need to burst open the flood gates...little bites 8-) .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Oh the subconscious is real...and it's not that it's impossible to access...it's just unpleasant (in most cases) and difficult to access. It's also where repressed memories are stored. It is very real indeed...but it's funny to watch how some of you guys will still jump at the chance to try some Hooey that might make your journey a little bit shorter and easier. :roll:

You get out of it what you put into it...if you're gonna half ass it then you will always only have half ass results...but hey, it's not affecting my life so have fun. :lol:
This is very true.

I have a feeling there are still some memories I have repressed, which means I'm still not ready to face them. And I'm ok with that, no need to burst open the flood gates...little bites 8-) .
Nice man. In my experience like all things in life persistence, patience combined - The weight gets easier the more you lift and then you can lift more. I am amazed at the continues to come up with increasing intensity, Shit that I thought was true that I will see never was as I am ready to deal with it. More and more I see the whole thing is a beautifully designed system that does not give you more than you can handle, And is your friend and not your adversary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm 

Yes, very true.

As long as you use proper form.

The guys that bite off more they can chew and lean farther than they're capable of handling are doing so because they lack self belief.

Same goes for the guys that want instant results. *cough cough*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 am 

Well, that was quite a tangent! I leave this thread alone for a few hours... ;-)

Anyway, it was interesting none-the-less. Here's my thoughts on sub-conscious vs. unconscious. I don't think I disagree with you Flow - its probably mostly a semantics issue.

I don't see us as having two minds, one that is conscious and one that is subconscious. And I don't think you can influence that "sub"conscious part of your mind with "sub"liminal messages or anything like that (as Dali's article seemed to be addressing).

Here's what I do think, and what I was referring to in my original post about indifference: There are things that go on in me (call them what you want - behavior patterns, fixed action patterns, social programming, etc), that I am not totally conscious of until after they happen.

Some of these patterns are very simple - ie if you watch someone get kicked hard in the nuts, you will have a visceral wincing reaction to it, and only after your reaction can you think about it and decide whether you are going to laugh, continue wincing, get angry, try to go help the guy etc.

I think there are similar types of patterns that are much much more subtle and complex. A classic example would be someone who is obese because they binge, because they have negative emotions, and at some point along the way, they learned that eating somehow helps them deal with their negative emotions. They may be actually picking up the spoon and digging into the gallon of ice cream "consciously," but the behavior pattern that led them to do that over and over again is operating on a less-than-conscious level. Even if they go see a therapist who tells them that they are bingeing because they use it to treat their negative emotions, the conscious awareness of their behavior pattern doesn't usually stop that pattern and those motivations. Only hard work to address the basic underlying negative emotions will allow them to also stop bingeing.

So, from my original post in this thread:
Meraki wrote:
To me this seems like it can't just be a purely conscious process, but instead has to be part of a process that incorporates both conscious and sub-conscious minds. For me it has been pretty easy to get the conscious understanding of all this stuff, but the hard part is the subconscious part, since you can't force that.
What I meant is that I need to dig into my unconscious behavior patterns, contemplate why they are there, what purpose they serve, and then accept them for what they are. I can't force those patterns - they happen on their own, and I have to observe them and analyze them before I can accept them.

Just like an obese person might dig deep to really find out why they have negative emotions that they choose to address by bingeing. As they go through this process, they find the underlying causes, and then work on them, and they might binge less and less until one day they binge for the last time and they have replaced that pattern with a more effective one.

In your first post in response to my original post you said:
Flow83 wrote:
You will allow whatever comes up to be there and have access to a bigger perspective and go about your life without wallowing in apathy.
That seems like a great perspective on indifference 2.0, and it also seems to describe the process that I was referring to:

Realize what my patterns are that aren't serving me the way I want them to.

Allow them to be there and see what they are accomplishing for me. (Stop fighting my inner demons so that we get on the same side.)

Get a bigger perspective and go about my life without wallowing in the same patterns over and over again.

You put it nicely again in this quote:
Flow83 wrote:
The more you get used to allowing everything to be there as it is, even the stuff you have been repressing deep down because it's way too painful, the more "indifferent" you get to looking at that programming and realizing you might not like all of it (but increasing understanding that it doesn't mean you are broken and in fact was installed for a positive reason) you will see all of it.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm 

Well my friend you are obviously super clear so maybe that tangent will be useful for someone else at least, ha ha.

Yeah with increased self awareness and observation, what were seemingly invisible automatic patterns become quite visible.

With increased courage and practice, the core issues behind these triggers become more willing to be faced And integrated, etc.

It goes in a feedback loop. Like all growth it's not always pleasant.