Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 am 

Hey guys,

There is a guy on the happier abroad forum who said he is going to leave America but not because of women. He also wants to live in western Europe not in some poor third world country.

Here is what he said, I'll just copy and paste the important parts that I have questions about not all his post...
about him:
He is black, an atheist and he says that people in America are Christians and don't accept atheists.

Now on to his post:
Quote:
You can't find a black woman atheist.
If black women believe in the bible\Jesus, how come so many of them don't dress modestly and don't treat men good?
the same goes for white women of course....
The bible says to dress modestly and to treat your men well (among other things....)
Quote:
Americans are generally superficial. Americans are materialistic and all they care about is their image, money and fame. Who do I need to impress today? Do I have the latest iPhone, do I have the coolest shoes, do I have the best page on MySpace? I had this brainwashing done to me about how you always need to impress people.
if Americans really believe in the bible - the bible talks about modestly and not needing to show off.
Quote:
America doesn't want you to be honest. You must lie. You have to be fake.
again this doesn't go hand in hand with the bible....
Quote:
Americans' happiness is either material belongings or having money.
people who really believe in God don't need so much money or material belongings to be happy.
Quote:
Americans don't care if you are a homeless person on the street. If you are homeless and that person asks for some change, the American is so arrogant that they won't even give that person 25 cents.
Again that doesn't go hand in hand with the bible.
Quote:
Americans have no sense of community.
Isn't the church and religion all about community?

Ok if most Americans are really Christians then I don't understand...

could someone explain to me what's going on in America as far as religion?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:40 am 

Quote:
There is a guy on the happier abroad forum
I stopped here...you should have too. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:54 am 

First of all remember the article I sent you everything in this world is a lie. Second of all this has been discussed very thoroughly this is nothing more than brainwashing from dogmatic religion to try to control the masses for slavery and and repress basic human desire and nature.

These motherfuckers actually concocted a very thorough plan and from an objective point of view this is a brilliant way to keep someone in bondage. This same technique was used on Africans to keep them enslaved for 400 plus years.

If you are wondering why people act the way they do here this is it right here this is why I chose this path to liberate myself from this B.S. all this is doing is keeping people in conflict with themselves and others. This is why I'm an atheist if there was such an omnipotent being that cared and loved us so much why does it seem like hell on this planet where everything that's being done goes against the very commandments of what is written.

Just remember Sniper and I'm still learning as well you got to think in terms in shades of grey all the resources are here did you ever watch that video I posted about religion?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 am 

Resonance wrote:
did you ever watch that video I posted about religion?
I don't remember :oops: , can you post it again or show me the thread?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm 

That's not just America. I lived in the U.S, Slovakia and Germany and everything he described about America can apply to all 3 countries. He might be getting fed up with it, but that's the whole "grass is greener on the other side" thing. And America isn't prejudice against atheists, at least from what I see. I know plenty of black atheists, so it might have something to do with his demographics or social circle, not America..

As to Christianity, I've done a bit of research about that myself. Thing is, people will point to the Bible when they're trying to back up a point they're trying to make, but will conveniently ignore it when it comes to views that they have a problem with. For example, it says in the Bible that we aren't allowed to eat pork. You never hear a Christian talking about that when he's sizzling some bacon on his frying pan. But he will call for the unfair treatment of gays based on one sentence in the Bible. Organized religion is the biggest bunch of bullshit on the planet, and it's almost hilarious to see how long it's been around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 pm 

moose35 wrote:
For example, it says in the Bible that we aren't allowed to eat pork. You never hear a Christian talking about that when he's sizzling some bacon on his frying pan.
really? I thought that in Christianity people are aloud to eat pork (in Judaism & Islam not...)

you lived in the USA, Slovakia and Germany and everything he described about America can apply to all 3 countries?

that's interesting. He was talking about going to live in Denmark but I don't think it's much different from Germany.

Where do you live now BTW?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm 

Most people choose from anything, not just the bible, just what they want...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm 

Sniper wrote:
moose35 wrote:
For example, it says in the Bible that we aren't allowed to eat pork. You never hear a Christian talking about that when he's sizzling some bacon on his frying pan.
really? I thought that in Christianity people are aloud to eat pork (in Judaism & Islam not...)

you lived in the USA, Slovakia and Germany and everything he described about America can apply to all 3 countries?

that's interesting. He was talking about going to live in Denmark but I don't think it's much different from Germany.

Where do you live now BTW?
Well Denmark and basically all of Scandinavia are some of the most developed countries in Europe. If he wants to pick a country where he thinks he'll have the greatest chance at finding level-headed smart people then Denmark is a good pick. Even Germany would seem a little old-fashioned over there.

And I live in Slovakia now. It's in Central Europe :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 am 

Resonance wrote:
Administrators please delete
Fat chance...and administrator started this mess. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:10 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Resonance wrote:
Administrators please delete
Fat chance...and administrator started this mess. :lol:
haha very funny. Well 'the administrator' wants to know, if this 'mess' is too much for you then don't read.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:01 am 

Don't worry...I didn't. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am 
Aight. Someone needs to get "ignant" all over this thread. And, I've already spent up my ignorance gland smokin weed all last night.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 am 

I'm not from America but Canada is very similiar lol. It's not so cut and dry, like fufe said there are thousands of variations on Christianity each claiming they are the "true church". Taking what they want that serves their motive and discarding the rest.

There is an extremist faction of Christians that believe the world will end blah blah, but the majority of people that get polled as Christian really aren't there's a religion box so they check it on the stats. For example my room mate told the stats lady I'm Christian when I am decidely against it.

Your just looking at it from the incorrect perspective. The bible is most definitely not about happiness and forgiveness it's about control and power and if you observe it in historical and social context. Scratching the backs of the people that scratch yours. Really read the bible and see for yourself.

It comes down to our inherent selfishness. They take the pieces that help them discard the rest. Believe in a sense of community because they gain benefit from it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

My neighbour always comments on how my grass looks healthier, greener and better than hers.

Her grass looks much more lucious and healthier than mine, to me.

Both of us are wrong. They are both about the same.

When I look at mine from her side, it looks good. When I look at hers from my side, it looks good.
There is a difference in perspective that plays into this, looking from afar you rarely see all the detail. Looking from upclose you can see too much detail.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.