Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:02 pm 

Quote:
Building a Social Proof and Using it Properly

What is social proof? It’s pre-selection by others. It’s a proof that you’re a cool dude and everyone wants to be around you. I spent past year building social proof in the trendiest places in my city. Columbus, OH is not New York City and we don’t have clubs where “not everyone can get in”. We have clubs where they will turn you down for “dress code” but it’s usually because you’re a lame-o or came over with 10 guys behind you, which are equally lame. But not because, it’s “exclusive”; it’d say more pretentious.

I have to give credit where credit is due….
About a year ago, I met a guy named ZenFox, who got me addicted to social proof. In fact he built me from ground up to where we are right now. When I first started hanging out with him, he knew quite a few bartenders around town. I started hanging out with him more often and I learned quite a few things about building social proof. He is a Zen master of making things work. Onto some lessons I learned, and use now:

You cannot go up to a bartender and ‘become his/her friend’. No matter how much you tip, no matter what you do, there are 50 guys behind you who want to do the same. Especially if she is a hot girl, AFC guys will tip MUCH more then you’d be willing. Bartenders are the most highly valued staff in the bar. So…

You leave bartenders alone [ for now ]. Instead you start at the bottom. Every single self respecting club has a promoter, usually, at least two. These people are paid to be there and get people to come. These are the girls (in skimpy outfits) and muscular guys you see on campuses giving out flyers and posting up signs. They are your “money”. Promoters are the gatekeepers of a club. They are also easy to talk to. It’s their job. Chat one of these girls up. Do NOT run game on her, because, every AFC and their mother does, just talk to her like you would to a guy. They won’t shut you down because they are paid to be nice to ‘clients’. Promoters will host “parties” with “special events” on certain days, and the more people they bring the more money they make. (Percentage of the bar sale) After you talk to her once or twice, without running a game on her (She is NOT YOUR TARGET, dude!), you can ask for her number. They will rather take yours, but will also exchange theirs as well. That’s another mean for her to invite more people, to “her event” at “her club”. These people take pride in their ‘job’. I get text messages from at least 5-7 promoters to come to their “club parties” almost every day. Anyways, Next thing,

Work the juice. After you established friendship with promoters, offer them a “deal”. Most of these girls get “monthly allowance” of free shit they can give away. That’s club’s marketing tool. These things, usually, include VIP passes, small bottles of vodka, drink discounts, etc. Tell her that if you bring ten cool people to her club on the night she is promoting, what can she do for you. Usually, she’ll offer a VIP or maybe a small bottle of vodka. She might even put you on the guest list, or give you free passes. Take it.
Bring cool people. You can start bringing your pivots or “secondary targets” to these events. Bait them with “hey, I am going to XYZ club, got a vip, you guys wanna come?” Works like a charm, especially on college girls. That’s a stepping stone of social proof, if you bring your secondary target in and there is a bottle of vodka waiting on you, you’re in. But you’re not ready for the primary targets: ones you really want (nines and dimes).

Make friends with RICH AFCs outside of the club. Your dad’s single friends, your co-workers, your managers, your lawyer, whoever, that you know makes decent money. No poor students, no poor TAs, or deadbeats. YES! Rich AFCs are good for you. Why? This is step two towards social proof. If you bring AFCs as long as they are willing to buy girls drinks. NEVER STOP THEM. Forget morals of The Game . Let them flaunt their cash. Because, they live in their AFC reality, and that’s how they ‘think’ they get “lucky”. Just make sure you introduce these guys to promoters. She will see that guy came prepared to spend money. Some guys I bring to club with me are senior software developers and financial advisors that haven’t been laid since 1995. These dudes will buy $400 bottle of Vodka and VIP. (if you didn’t get it hooked-up already). They have money to blow. Spend just enough time with them to show them how social you are and that you talk to girls. That will make them want to come out with you more often. Nice guys, what can I say. I bring “clients” to my “customer” . They will also buy drinks for you and your friends. Let them. Occasionally, get him beer or two. It’s nice to give back.

DO NOT BRING “Aspiring” wanna-be-PUAs to the club. If you want your social proof go from hero to zero in record time, bring one of your “hey-let’s-neg-that-set” friends. Something I learned along the way. It’s different story if guys are real PUAs or naturals. But don’t salt your own game by bringing competition to YOUR club. However, your “edgy” wingman will piss off half of the hotties in the club, by overnegging or running his stupid routines that he hasn’t field tested properly. Don’t salt your game that way either.

THE REWARD! When you show yourself as a guy who brings cool crowd and guys willing to spend cash, promoters will introduce you to their friends. And, you guessed it, they are BARTENDERS at that club! Point to keep in mind: bartending network is VERY tight. You meet one bartender and that likes you, her/his friends (which are bartenders too) will like you too. Keep a good rep. You’ll start noticing that “you suddenly stop having a tab” or your bill is significantly smaller than usual. That’s their appreciation for all the “work” you’ve done by brining well-tipping-AFCs and cool people that make club look good.

Every club has its slow nights. Utilize it to your advantage. If you bring ten cool people on Friday or Saturday, nobody will notice, it’s too crowded anyways. But if you bring ten cool guys (and girls) on Wednesday, you significantly increased that night’s sale. Promoters usually promote for Monday through Thursday. No need to promote on the weekend. Go out during the week.

Come to same club often but not often enough when you become regular. You want to be a little bit allusive. What you’re shooting for is “Oh yeah, Mike is a cool guy, he stops in here often”. In fact, bartenders will introduce you to their friends (that they invite, which happens to be HOT GIRLS).

Bartenders and Promoters usually hang out with club owners and managers, AFTER BARS CLOSE. If you become good friends with promoters and bartenders you’ll get invited to bar-owner/managers’ after-parties. BE VERY CAREFUL because you’re walking dangerous territory here. It’s not UNUSUAL for these parties to be coke-parties or to involve some other hard-core shit. If you don’t do it, you don’t want to go there, or you’re going to be “that guy, who is not in”. If you ever done drugs, even smoked weed, you know how you always feel about that guy who didn’t but ‘stuck around’. Rat? Creep? WTF? You don’t need drugs to have fun. I am not advocating doing coke in the bathroom of Hilton hotel room.

Make it a habit to shake manager’s hand before you leave. Remember bouncers’ names and thank your bartenders with good tips. Just because they are your friends, doesn’t exempt you from tipping. Tip well. Compliment promoters on a good party. It’s nice to hang out with them outside of the bar, as friends, if she is a chick.

Invite people you know to your parties. No, not your Dungeon-and-Dragon’s or Harry Potter parties, but cool parties. If when you hear “party” you think of Call of Duty 2, then that’s not the party you want to invite these people to.

You can start meeting “guests”, after you can comfortably claim bartenders as your friends. Walk around smoking section, and open guys and couples. Ask them how are they doing, how they enjoying their night. Remember their names. Notice the “regulars”. Remember their names as well. Typically, these will be rich guys with fancy business cards. (Read: take one) Spend at least twenty minutes bullshitting with big ‘wigs’. You want to know these guys on first name basis. These guys are lawyers, business owners, bar owners, financial planners, big-title-big-money guys.

Notes to consider: if you’re young don’t come off young. Nobody wants to do “business” with a college kid (right out of high school). Look young? Find older friends. By association you’ll look older. Mature beyond your age. This is not about video games and getting drunk on Thursday before your Friday-7-AM-Math-midterm. Don’t act immature or “crazy”. You’re not there to show off; you’re there to do “business”. Social proof is win-win business. Your value is your company and fun, their value is whatever they offer (free shots, vip rooms, no cover, etc). In a way, you sign contract: “I bring cool people that are spending money, you give me social proof”.

Look for single guys. Watch for ring finger. If he doesn’t have a ring and he seems like he’s got money, go talk to him. (You can see rich people by the way they dress. Usually, dudes would wear designer suit or shirt, with REALLY nice shoes. Usually they’d have bad fashion sense ). These are kind of guys you want to bring your pivots to. Use girls you don’t fuck, or girls that won’t fuck you (LJBF) to introduce to these guys. This is beginning prostitution 101, sign up for the course. They will thank you later in more ways than you can ever imagine. (How about invite for a private yacht party, as long as you bring some pussy). It’s money.

I am getting off topic here.

Lie! You are not a ‘college student’. You’re an entrepreneur and you’re working on your start up. Come up with a good company idea you can “sell”. College student is just a “kid”; entrepreneur, however, is a serious aspiring young adult. In clubs (trendy downtown clubs) you’re not going to see much of typical college crowd. Most “kids” don’t have that kind of money. Neither do you, if you’re junior in University. Why do you think, you’re working the juice? (You get free drinks).

Side Note: Never abuse your friends; never ask for free shit. If given, thank them, graciously (tips). If you can’t drink for free or cheap, don’t drink at all. In fact, limit your drinking to two-three drinks. Further down the road you might get away with being a drunken fool once, but you’d be playing with fire.

I am going to stop, but say few things:

How to use this social proof? Social proof you build in a club is NOT for that club. If you go sarging girls in that club, you’ll lose everything you have created. That’s all I am going to say for now. I can bust out another 5 pages long post about that.

I want to see feedback I get from this post. I laid down some deep shit here, if you don’t get it and don’t understand why this works, you’re not mature enough for these kind of clubs. Stick back to basics. This requires A LOT OF BALLS TO PULL OFF.

Some benefits that I enjoy right now:

- Bar of Modern Art, Columbus, OH: number one (on upscale/trendy scale). I walk in no cover (usually $10), and no ID check. My friends walk in: no cover, no ID check. I can go into VIP without purchasing a “bottle service”. If my “girl” is working, I get free bottle of Vodka. My typical discount is 50% if not 100% depends on a bartender. (normal drink price: $8 red bull well vodka). Fuck that. I drink Gray Goose. Some of the local celebrities hang out there. DJs from Vegas and New York frequent that place.

- Spice. Another trendy club in Columbus, again, never covers. Free Cabana (VIP) and a bottle if they are not too busy.

- I get invited to most special events and closed door private parties.
- I have my cell phone blowing up with text messages from various promoters giving me more than special deals.
- My tab has never been over 60$ and that’s when I used to drink A LOT.
- My friend and I both have BoMa exclusive platinum cards. Club only made 150 of them. Each sold at $1600. We got them free.
………..
So how do I use it to my advantage? Next post!
http://www.theattractionforums.com/stri ... -post.html