Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 am 

interesting video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0483171546#
Quote:
There is something mysterious, exciting, and even a little bit edgy about the “wild thing” within each of us.

For many people in our “civilized” society, we have all but tossed aside our wild nature in favor of ideals that emphasize intelligence, reason, and social refinement.

To express anger or aggression, to act unpredictably, or even at times to be direct and honest are often looked down as primal or uncivilized.

Instead we are taught to “be nice” and “smile”, or even to “put on a happy face even if you aren’t happy.” While there is some usefulness to this in growing up, when we start to step into the adult world, these old ingrained patterns can actually work against us and keep us stuck in childhood.

Fear of rejection, needing other’s approval, an inability to set healthy boundaries, and resistance to figure’s of authority, are just a few examples of what crops up when these patterns operate within us beyond their intended usefulness.

Young men often experience the most challenges with these lingering childhood patterns.

Looking to break free of these limiting beliefs and inappropriate emotional ties, young men often try to reconcile this by swinging to the opposite extreme by becoming rude, harsh, and domineering.

They become stuck between being the soft spoken “nice guy” and the cocky and arrogant “tough guy.”

Yet where is the mature man?… the one with authentic masculine power, courage and leadership?

When did we lose him?

More importantly, where can we find him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 am 

very nice artical
Quote:
Yet where is the mature man?… the one with authentic masculine power, courage and leadership?

When did we lose him?

More importantly, where can we find him?
lately (I must give credit to The Kidd again cause he inspired me :mrgreen: ) I have become more tough when I need to, sort of like embracing that animal instinct within me (I don't know if animal instinct is the right word but some things are hard to describe in words)- if anyone (esp. women) make me angry I have no problem being rough with them (up to a point of coruse I still use tact). But I have learned to be tough and still compassionate and loving. I just balanced things better And learned to embrace the more tough part in me (notice I said in me because I'm not trying to be someone else...).

And it's not like I was not tough before I just wasn't tough enough like I wanted and knew I needed to be. Then came the inspiration ;)

And of course I use release technicks like Sedona to not let energy such as anger to stay inside me and make me feel bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm 

Intresting...I'm gonna watch this later.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."