Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: To Fufe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Your latest signature says : "It looks like all my drawings, I was drawing, myself"

Could you expand on this, I am curious.

[Edit, could an admin move this to 'Your experiences and stories' as I do not seem able to delete it]

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

Post subject: Re: To Fufe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 pm 

Oh sure :)

But I don't know if it will make sense to you, because I got it only by drawing and observing my drawings (direct experience)...

You see, I was wondering why the drawings varied from the photo references in one way or another - works from 2009 and 2010 varied on the first look and in details, new 2011 works vary in very subtle things... I had some hanging on my walls, so I just relaxed on my chair, and stared at them, thinking nothing.
Then a thought about eyes came - People always complimented me on drawing eyes. So I looked in the eyes of those portraits (sounds strange I quess) and...
Well, you may found me insane but I see myself in it. I do not have explanation for this, I'm sorry... In some works I see this specifically tho, for example I drew a fanart for Final Fantasy (I'm huge fan since 14), which was a cat girl from FF XIV. I didn't really draw it because I have fetish for cat ears or whatever, but because it symbolizes wildness a cheerfullnes I have inside - If you are fammiliar with jungian Anima concept you may understand more...
I realised this more when working on the biggest project of mine so far - The diferrence in it is, that I incorporate many of my owns concepts in it, not only I draw copy of the reference picture. I added lot's of feathers as background, edited face features a little, thought of custom hair for the character, added a rose to her clothes, and few ornaments on the clothes I saw elsewhere.
But the moment of "seeing" was when I was working on the face of hers for 4 hours straight - I suddenly just stopped, sit back and had no idea why but It just looked to me as definite expression of myself. Yeah that's it these are the right words... Not really drawing myself, but expressing myself.
I am not expressing myself 100% as I wanted now.. That will come with time, practice and who knows, inspiration...
In the most recent works I see something silent, strong yet subtle, I fail to describe it.. One word that comes to mind is Timeless. And that's how I will name the big work I'mworking on now, when it's finished.

If it interests you, I feel very strongly that those 5 years was motivated by egoic reasons, but it server a purpose - to get highly skilled and to be able to get to a new level - Getting to know myself through my drawings..

That's all for now, I will maybe get something new sooner or later, if you have questions, ask

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 am 

I don't know what you actually look like but I can tell from your art that you put yourself in your pictures and they represent a sort of vulnerability with a strength hidden behind it, if that makes sense, really inspiring stuff.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:32 am 

More of them can be found here : http://fuujincz.deviantart.com/gallery/
If interested.. But mostly old ones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:49 pm 

those are some beautiful pieces Fufe! I can see what you are saying about the eyes too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for answering fufe, I may have further questions later.
fufe wrote:
I suddenly just stopped, sit back and had no idea why but It just looked to me as definite expression of myself. Yeah that's it these are the right words... Not really drawing myself, but expressing myself.
Makes much more sense to me.

The artists I have known in my life who are considered above average all put themselves into their drawings/paintings. You can tell it was them who made a particular piece.
Their 'mark' is all over it.

I firmly believe this only happens after a certain point and it is an important stepping stone.
fufe wrote:
I am not expressing myself 100% as I wanted now.. That will come with time, practice and who knows, inspiration...
Indeed :)

A quote that comes to mind is "But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that is very hard to do."

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Thanks for answering fufe, I may have further questions later.
fufe wrote:
I suddenly just stopped, sit back and had no idea why but It just looked to me as definite expression of myself. Yeah that's it these are the right words... Not really drawing myself, but expressing myself.
Makes much more sense to me.

The artists I have known in my life who are considered above average all put themselves into their drawings/paintings. You can tell it was them who made a particular piece.
Their 'mark' is all over it.

I firmly believe this only happens after a certain point and it is an important stepping stone.
fufe wrote:
Indeed :)

A quote that comes to mind is "But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that is very hard to do."
And that quote, my friend, is from Bruce Lee 8-)