Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:11 pm 

My perspective is how the women are drawn, they look beautiful and at you longingly, this one anyway.

The way to fish out beliefs is with a sentence stem
For example: If I were to look at the beliefs I have abouth women-
Say this without any pauses to think or anything and you'll find a belief.

Then reframe it "How would I know if this belief wasn't true?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:24 pm 

Ok so I thought a little and experiemented a little..

Why do I draw - I like the challenge of it. I like the challenge of spending hours in a row working on something. And lately the challenge of working on details so much people say it's ridiculous.
Why do I draw women - I wanted to draw (from the beginning) something that normal people would appreciate and like, I didn't want (a still don't want) to draw only for other artists only. So I figured out then the women would be the right thing.. Now I don't draw for other people anymore, I don't think about why or who I am drawing for.. I just do what I like, but that may be a problem, because it has became a non-thought work mostly and will be harder to get to the subscounscious reason of the problem.

I tried today drawing a rose, realistically and a sketch of a gothic cathedral.. It was fun actually. But still, I prefer to draw girls/women, but I'm now open to combine women with other things - I have a cool idea of a drawing with a girl and a cathedral combined.

I still don't know why the preference of women in drawing, still no idea about the pedestal. But I'm on the track - I've been through a change like this and things are happening in the same manner as before, so in time I will change.. I just need to keep going this direction

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm 

fufe wrote:
I still don't know why the preference of women in drawing, still no idea about the pedestal. But I'm on the track - I've been through a change like this and things are happening in the same manner as before, so in time I will change.. I just need to keep going this direction
remember there is nothing wrong with drawing women, you just need to check the 'pedistal issue' and why you draw only women...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm 

Sniper wrote:
fufe wrote:
remember there is nothing wrong with drawing women, you just need to check the 'pedistal issue' and why you draw only women...
Stop it you guys...too many cooks ruin the soup...I got this.

There IS something wrong with why HE draws ONLY women (until recently...and only because he is consciously stepping out of his comfort zone)...all that is happening now is all of this well meaning 'It's okay to draw women' isn't helping at this stage of self discovery at ALL...so STOP IT. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm 

Fufe, I am an artist too and I went through a Period where the only thing I drew were....TITS. really. I'd just sit everday and draw tits, and that was because I'm fascinated with boobs :lol: , I am a obsessed with details too, and I love to shade. I understand why you love to draw women, but you are gonna reach a stage where the subject you draw doesn't matter that much, you will focus more on the emotion you put into the drawing ( well maybe you are doing just that right now).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 pm 

If you create with a pen, make sure to add yourself
in the picture.

There was this artist who only painted women, and he was
doing poor with women. The artists psychologist customer
asked if he had problems with women, and the artist
answered; "how did you know?"

"Because you are portraying women as separate from everything
else."

After he started adding himself in the picture, everything
slowly began to change. He started to get over his shyness
with women.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 am 

Enelkei, mind sharing your deviantart or something ?

Jared that makes sense, I thought about it first like year ago and started doing it in the last 3 works - The Last one I finished yesterday, I put really much of myself in it...

By the way, what I wanted to write about - I was out a while ago, to buy some food and big A2 format papers, to draw something so challenging I couldn't almost sleep today as I was excited. The thing is, as I was walking slowly through my town, thinking about the drawing and how cool I am etc, I noticed girls were looking at me. I'm normally looking in front of me or around, down only when I'm walking stairs or somethin, so I notice quite easily. And when I look those girls in the eyes they suddenly stopped looking at me and looked on the ground, lol. Funny thing is, even girls/women around 25 (I'm good at quessing age) were doing this.
It was most of the time look of interest, the rest was, like, neutral.. No diquist, disrespect or whatever....

Dude seriously wut is happenin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 pm 

Haha you sound like Neo did when he 1st saw The Matrix. :lol:

Watch The Matrix again ASAP...I think you may see and understand things that you never have before... 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm 

Suddenly I just feel that indetifying with my name, souroundings and anything is extremely funny and stupid and I'm not any of those things.. Am I too far the rabbit hole ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 pm 

Sorry for double post, but I discovered something new about why I behave the way I do, partly thanks to the state I refered to

The problem may lie in that being with a woman is one of the best things for me - I mean to the extent I prefer it over my friends and most hobbies - With the exception of drawing. The more deep thing is that, how I like touch - that may be the reason for the pedestal, the unscounscious neediness for touch. I know that human have naturally need for touch but I quess my amount of it is too much... I can imagine cuddling all day doing nothing else, and actually did this couple times, problem is it is never enough

What do you think, Kid ?

Interesting thing is I have a strong observation-of-myself now.. I see how my ego behaves a way when it wants to protect itself or something etc.. It's cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 pm 

Quote:
What do you think, Kidd?
I think that NOW we are getting somewhere. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
I can imagine cuddling all day doing nothing else, and actually did this couple times, problem is it is never enough
There is a message in there.

It is not what you NEED, it is what you think you want.

If it was what you need then it would be enough.

Think about this how we talk about women's wants and needs being different.

Also, I agree with Kidd (surprise surprise), now we are making progress :)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 pm 

Dude I just got an idea on drawing some awesome dude, like Napoleon Hill or J.F. Kennedy.

I think I will do it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:08 am 

@fufe

I don't know if it will help but I like doing computer art photos. At first I was doing pictures only of women and then for some friends and now: I do pictures of myself most of the time :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 pm 

So as to writing about a progress or something...

The girl that I thought again lost interest as the others before her actually didn't. Showed up that she was not disinterested in me but in the world at all - She had sort of depression about her life etcetera, now she's ok - We tallked about it because I didn't mind listening to it and she wants to come over again for a weekend, with a wink. Dude, seriously, what...

And that's not all, we are regularly drinkin tea and smokin waterpipe (is that the right word ?) in a local tea-bar-thingy and I liked one waitress for some time but I never thought about approaching her so I let go - I had the girl I was talkin in the paragraph above so I didn't care more than normally - And today when I was paying she told me she like how I draw and asked questions about it, I could see she was interested, so we will see each other week later. Btw, I have no idea when and how she saw my drawings, but who cares..

So dude, like, the Matrix seems sometimes funny to me now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 pm 

Explain what you mean by 'feels funny to you'... :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 pm 

I don't even try, ironically and it happens.

And, I didn't notice much change about the pedestal - Be it it is reall subtle, or something, or just what I'm doing, what is happening and where I'm going is enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 pm 

That's how it works...once you stop trying...once you let go and FREE YOUR MIND...everything just 'happens'. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:45 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
That's how it works...once you stop trying...once you let go and FREE YOUR MIND...everything just 'happens'. 8-)
Exactly... I heard it many times, never thought it could be like it.. This glimpse showed to me it happens this way.. Absolutely gold, really

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

There is a reason I keep repeating a certain phrase:

Let it go!

:)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.