Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Powerless situations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 pm 

Every other day we switch schedules. The kids I sit with on day 2 talk a lot about drugs. i'm usually pretty silent when they do. Today I witnessed a kid selling one of them cocaine at the lunch table.

It's their choice to do drugs. It's illegal for both my friend (loosely) and the dealer, however. I assume they've heard how bad they are. They seem to have their own theories I've heard another one of my friends say smoking pot cures cancer from smoking too many cigarettes. How ever that's supposed to work. I do believe for most people drugs are a slippery slope for those that don't get out. I think it's external fulfillment at a worst.

I wish I could do something in situation, I felt threatened. Did believe I would be harmed if I should do anything. Not like I could stop the kid from dealing, they'd do it somewhere else. The kid who bought the drug made a hit list in middle school. I'm not a threat to him so I don't feel any danger. Should I be a threat... I felt nothing I could do could better the situation or either of their lives, yet would have a negative effect on mine. I wish I could somehow subtly act in the situation.

My friend (also sits at the table. He's pretty cool aside from drugs) has a bunch of gift cards from kids he's sold drugs to that didn't have money. It really seems to highlight to me how they are addicted.

Post subject: Re: Powerless situations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 pm 

I would just create distance.

Post subject: Re: Powerless situations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 pm 

I also have been around this kind of people for some time. Not cocaine tho, here it's more about metamphetamine.
I realised that people take drugs from two reasons only.
First - They want to escape themselves
Second - They want to get to know themselves better through the experience (These people gravitate towars hallucinogens mostly, shrooms, LSD, DMT, etc...)

There's a little subreason too - Some people try to find themselves in it, try to find their place and get into community where drugs are used and they don't want to be "outsiders", so they are using too. But it is tied to both two reasons, as they themselves are tied to one another in my opinion..

I havn't taken any drugs personally.

In situations like you experienced, I try to ignore it. Don't say anything, you'd create more problems that you could solve.