Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am 

Much of everything here is PURE GOLD!!! Valuable stuff that could cost years of time and money if looked for on your own!!! (I don't even grasp the truth of that last sentence as much as I'd like)

With all the great advice and direction I find myself continuously coming to roadblocks of "this is not correct to treat women this way", "where is the compassion", and other things similar to those. WTF! Definitely making this road way harder for myself then it needs be. I'm not a loony, not anymore :twisted: , where I enjoy watching myself struggle.

I can't distinguish if these are moral issues I'm having from being raised by mother, or, skewed perceptions. I am beginning to believe that I've been preached to death by the women in my family, who I respected dearly as a young boy, about how not to treat a woman badly and be the "perfect gentleman". Sometimes I'm way overboard with my hospitality and I catch myself in the act "Yo thedude...way too much. step back. now.".

Anyone else have similar resistance to this knowledge like your dude had?!

Peace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Give it a go.

See if the women are happier.

If they are not then stop.

If they are then continue.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am 

I did at first sometimes, but I knew where that guilt came from so I went against that feeling and did what I should do as opposed to what society tells me I'm SUPPOSED to do, thanks to Kidd, and my vehement loathing for that 'buy her flowers' and 'be a gentleman' bullshit.

Sometimes being a bit 'human' is called for so I act accordingly, but I carefully ration that so I don't tread into into nice-guy territory.

And what 'Grinus said. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Give it a go.

See if the women are happier.

If they are not then stop.

If they are then continue.
Damn you Peregrinus!! Can always count on you for the straight simplified response! :D
I'm becoming aware of how much time I waste upstairs, and not outside. :?

"Reflection, before any experience is mental-masturbation!"

@Alchemist What you wrote made me think I need to dig deeper into the resistance that arises when acquiring this new attitude. It's not like I haven't picked up any of the pimp tight game on here. I gathered a lot of filet-mignon quality material on here. It's more so I seek to fill up the pot holes (resistance against unquestioned beliefs) for a smoother ride. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 pm 

if there's anything you can ever count on, it's a bumpy mothafuckin ride. :lol:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm 

I thought I knew what that meant before. Only recently have I experienced what it means to be on a bumpy fucking ride!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 am 

TheDude wrote:
where is the compassion
the term compassion is often misunderstood. Having compassion towards women or people in general doesn't mean that you have to always be nice and accept any bad behavior that's coming your way.
You don't have to get angry or react either, you can choose not to deal with people who give you shit and just walk away...

or you can react if you think the situation requires it...it's up to you really.

I'm no Buddha so all I can say is; explore it for yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 am 

Sniper wrote:
TheDude wrote:
where is the compassion
the term compassion is often misunderstood. Having compassion towards women or people in general doesn't mean that you have to always be nice and accept any bad behavior that's coming your way.
You don't have to get angry or react either, you can choose not to deal with people who give you shit and just walk away...

or you can react if you think the situation requires it...it's up to you really.

I'm no Buddha so all I can say is; explore it for yourself.
Yes.
Tolerance is resistance to love.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 am 

For the most part, I think you're having "moral issues" our of your own selfishness. You don't really fear acting disrespectful because of some moral boundary you don't want to cross - you fear that by acting this way, you'll drive people away and not get what you were hoping for (recognition, attraction from women).

Which would mean that there is more room for inner work and self-examination.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am 

moose35 wrote:
For the most part, I think you're having "moral issues" our of your own selfishness. You don't really fear acting disrespectful because of some moral boundary you don't want to cross - you fear that by acting this way, you'll drive people away and not get what you were hoping for (recognition, attraction from women).

Which would mean that there is more room for inner work and self-examination.
Interesting.
Gracias.