Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:12 pm 

This is because of that fuck'n Moneyball thread

In every interaction...

One person cares the least - The other cares more

One person sees themselves as above the other - The other sees them self as below the other and is more hyper, more reactive, nervous, talks more, is more appreciative, etc..

About 10 years ago the girl I was dating was driving me home and we got pulled over by a cop for speeding. We were doing 130km/h in a 100, which is right on the grey line for being pulled over or not, but I guess the guy needed his quota so he pulled us over.

When he came up to the window my gf and I were not happy because there were people actually passing us... She was a pretty bad bitch and her face showed it and well, I'm me so my look of you're a fuck'n idiot on my face was pretty evident...he could tell we were pissed.

As the cop asked for her license and shit I could tell he was nervous, almost like he knew it was wrong to pull us over and he was hoping we weren't mad at him or something and we didn't take it to court... he was acting VERY "nice".. "Oh hey guys" "Ya not that big of a deal you were just speeding a little bit" blah blah...

So he goes back to his car to fill out the citation and when he comes back he says "Ok, I dropped your ticket from 130km/h to 120, so instead of paying $120 it will only be 80$.

This was a long time ago so I thought he was being "Nice", as did my gf, so we felt bad and were actually kind of appreciative.. We said "Oh thank you so much, that's really nice of you to do".

AS SOON AS WE FUCKING SAID THAT and our attitude shifted, his tone and facial expression changed completely, the polarity of one being above the other kicked in and switched from us to him.. and he now had a scowl on his face and said "Yup, just don't let it happen again!" with a really mean look on his face.

I'm not going to explain anymore, if you can't see what happened there then you're gonna have to discover it on your own through your own experiences.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:01 pm 

Cops are cops because they like to be in a position of power.

If you make them feel like they are above you, they'll cut you a break. Making them feel below you will make them want to write you tickets. They just want to feel powerful, so you give them the feeling of being powerful.

Who is really above the other? And what is the perception?

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Cops are cops because they like to be in a position of power.

If you make them feel like they are above you, they'll cut you a break. Making them feel below you will make them want to write you tickets. They just want to feel powerful, so you give them the feeling of being powerful.

Who is really above the other? And what is the perception?

[ img ]
Great use of this scene from Star Wars...so perfect! :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm 

Thank you only the best 8-)

By the way is Star Wars the original framework for your mindset?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 pm 

Morpheus wrote:

It is, actually...but since then I've seen so much symbolism in so many other movies...but yeah Star Wars is what instantly resonated with me at first...and The Matrix wasn't released till '99.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 pm 

I sensed it on the last phone call...kinda intrigued me lol. It felt like it had much more energy put into it.

How much of the references/information from it is around on the forum?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 pm 

The other thing I'd mention is that he got snobby after he had already wrote you a ticket...you being above him in the interaction (you were) played no role in the objective outcome of the situation. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm 

Quote:
Power and leverage is the secret, it depends who you are, and you should strive to be a fucking god! :twisted:

ps: "If you make them feel like they are above you, they'll cut you a break"...

Don't EVER try and appeal to a persons pity.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:09 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
Quote:
Power and leverage is the secret, it depends who you are, and you should strive to be a fucking god! :twisted:

Sometimes it's a smart move to cater to someone's ego, ShitFalcon...it disarms them...makes them feel comfortable enough to turn their back to you. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Star_Above wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes it's a smart move to cater to someone's ego, ShitFalcon...it disarms them...makes them feel comfortable enough to turn their back to you. ;)
It is, I understand what you mean...but once you get to a certain position in life you no longer need to do that. I know you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:34 pm 

I don't appeal to pity.

I exploit weaknesses in others, if someone doesn't update the firewall of their mind. Rest assured I'll be uploading the virus :twisted:

Fighting someone head on is pointless. I don't give a fuck to the point where I can purposely create an image of being beneath someone so that I influence the more effective levels of communication.

This includes playing a little bit of being a typical guy when I'm the the bar or whatever. Just like my avatar :) .

Last edited by Altair on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
I don't appeal to pity.

I exploit weaknesses in others, if someone doesn't update the firewall of their mind. Rest assured I'll be uploading the virus :twisted:
8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:45 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

It is, actually...but since then I've seen so much symbolism in so many other movies...but yeah Star Wars is what instantly resonated with me at first...and The Matrix wasn't released till '99.
I always had a feeling George Lucas was a pimp...

Great discussion and lots to ponder :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:34 pm 

Probably he was really nice, he didn't just act, you didn't commit a crime ultimately. His last reaction was hard-wired in him as a cop, he needs to come off as a tough, persuasive figure. Since the last impression is usually a lasting one, it had to be that way.

Maybe you influenced a bit this power play, encouraging him in the end to be more aggressive than usual, but the essence of the outcome would not change either way in my view.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Flyin unda da radar :geek:

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Star_Above wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't say I endorse wrong doing, but while I was in the States, if I had something on me that I shouldn't, and I was moving by any cops, I would put on my native tongue, look confused and ask the cops direction to places.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
I don't appeal to pity.

Fighting someone head on is pointless. I don't give a fuck to the point where I can purposely create an image of being beneath someone so that I influence the more effective levels of communication.

This includes playing a little bit of being a typical guy when I'm the the bar or whatever. Just like my avatar :) .

Star* most of this comes from reading Robert Greene books. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 am 

Prodigy wrote:
Star* most of this comes from reading Robert Greene books. :mrgreen:
Yes sir!

Quote:
Flyin unda da radar :geek:
G', I really believe that when you have enough power and leverage, like I mean King like status, you don't have to fly under the radar...but until then then ya, sometimes submitting to allow a person to gratify their ego to deescalate the situation is what's called for....I've done this in bar fight situations and it's worked wonders, whereas if you have enough power and you envoke enough fear in the other you don't have to, you can slap back twice as hard instead of submitting to being slapped to get out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 am 

Once you get to a certain point, people will feel you are different that your not like everyone else...and it will unsettle them. People want to feel they understand you blah blah that you make sense.

To quote Robert Greene "Only the gods and the dead can appear perfect with impunity"

I got to that point. Your a king defending a position that is worthless, it adds nothing. So so much work, no return.

That's a blend of both Kidd and Robert Greene, both methods compliment the parts that the other didn't fit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Star_Above wrote:
sometimes submitting to allow a person to gratify their ego to deescalate the situation is what's called for..
*double checks*

Who said anything about submitting here? Not me thats for sure.

You sir: I know you believe you understand what you think I said... But I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant!

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.