Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hitting bottom & why?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:05 am 

When I came across the movie Fight Club I was drawn to the thought of hitting bottom. The idea being once you're demolished you have no where to go, but up. You see with clear eyes. Not this bullshit fed to you down your gullet from adolescence.

I come across thoughts and actions of mine that make it seem like I'm trying to dig myself deeper towards rock bottom. I have a good life to societies standards: parents are middle class, I have a car, job, income, friends, and am healthy. It is a movie after all. I may be taking this idea too far.

One of my thoughts behind hitting bottom is that it will give an experience of true appreciation and authenticity for life that no book, movie, or affirmation could ever do. I will also be an unshakable experience that will resonate deep within me. Anyone else have thoughts of hitting bottom?

p.s. The thought that prompted this thread was reading NewYork152 comment & noticing I'm depressed & down by my own hand more times than not.
Quote:
I feel like it's a sport to you to see how much internal pain/frustration you can inflict upon yourself. Lighten up on yourself, give yourself a break!
-NewYork152

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 am 

Your looking at it the wrong way. The bottom your refering to doesn't exist, you can always go farther down as long as you hold on....pain and scar tissue ontop of pain and scar tissue. :|

You just need to the distance to look at yourself objectively.

Why were you drawn to the idea of hitting bottom? I think the answer will surprise you ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 am 

Morpheus wrote:
Your looking at it the wrong way. The bottom your refering to doesn't exist, you can always go farther down as long as you hold on....pain and scar tissue ontop of pain and scar tissue. :|

You just need to the distance to look at yourself objectively.

Why were you drawn to the idea of hitting bottom? I think the answer will surprise you ;)
I'd fuck'n pat you on the back if I could M-dawg! Great post! Like my man here said, unless both of your legs and arms are cut off, you're blind, deaf and mute, are homeless, schizophrenic, addicted to crack and have any other fuck'n ailment you can think of all at the same time, you ain't hit rock bottom and can always go deeper...don't take pleasure in going lower so you will feel good about yourself for coming back up, it's an ongoing cycle that will never end, a mirage created by the media and self-help fags. And fuck Tyler Durden, he was lying to himself about money, it does matter; that character shouldn't be idolized, he's a weak-ass delusional bitch.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 am 

Durden's statements :

[ img ]

I don't see any problem with that, maybe just your interpretations ...
Quote:
When I came across the movie Fight Club I was drawn to the thought of hitting bottom. The idea being once you're demolished you have no where to go, but up. You see with clear eyes. Not this bullshit fed to you down your gullet from adolescence.
When you stop wanting to go anywhere, you realize you have nowhere to go ... (not up, nowhere at all ...you just let things be ("letting the chips fall where they may" or "what you want has little to no bearing on whatever life decides you're gonna get" ;))

Hitting bottom does not mean to stop feeding yourself, put your body in torture in order to see clearly ...
Quote:
The bottom your refering to doesn't exist

I agree, it only exist as an idea.
Quote:
And fuck Tyler Durden, he was lying to himself about money, it does matter; that character shouldn't be idolized, he's a weak-ass delusional bitch.
He appeared cool on the screen, so that many men idolized him because he appeared in control, he was the man ...
Noone should be idolized, and NOONE is free from delusions.

Well time to eat ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Instead of thinking about hitting bottom.

think about:

Let it GO!

That will increase your appreciation of things, the small things, the big things, all things.
Ask yourself what you are seeking, for within that answer are many ways to reach that place, many paths that can be followed... Each has benefits and losses, some moreso than others.

When you talk about hitting bottom, you are not in my view talking about hitting bottom. You are talking about stripping back all the layers, through this notional 'hitting bottom'.
There are many ways to skin a cat.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 am 

Morpheus wrote:
Your looking at it the wrong way. The bottom your refering to doesn't exist...
What was the movie depicting then when it talked about hitting bottom? I should watch it again.

Quote:
A self-hate mixed with a possible new identity. Not sure 100%. First thoughts mostly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Ask yourself what you are seeking.
Huge question! Thank you.
Quote:
When you talk about hitting bottom, you are not in my view talking about hitting bottom. You are talking about stripping back all the layers, through this notional 'hitting bottom'.
There are many ways to skin a cat.
That is how I would describe hitting bottom, but in true sense of things hitting bottom is much more painful. I see that now.

You strip away the layers by 1st being honest & seeing the truths about yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Being HONEST,... Yeah that's been like THE formula for me.

I will tell you, for what I read it smells to me like some "pua" bullshit program still running in your system, because I encountered that in myself too. That fucking selling pages come with an emotional price (when you react to them) and some serious imprinting in your mind occurs, like:

Are tired of being ignored by woman? And being sick of pursuing them and buying them gifts and take them into dinner, only to recieve just a kiss on the cheek at the end of the date?
Are you about to hit rock bottom in terms of dating sucess?
Do you feel anger after being friendzoned, then discover that the girl fell for a low class douchebag?
Do you sense that your life has no meaning due to being rejected over and over again?
Do you get jealous of assholes treating girls like shit then fucking them, while you dream about and jerk off, isn't that pathethic?

Notice the patterns: tired, being ignored, hitting rock bottom, being jealous, dream about, jerk off, have anger... The list goes on an on pointing to the (matrix diseases) the males suffer.

Now the cure:

Well that's over because I discover some ancient secret form the 19th shaolin dynasty that some daoist master named Fhook Yu a renowed floating master lend to me, wanna know what is?... Click on the video to discover the [insert some snake oil bullshit disguised like a cure that will open the gates of the universe]

As I said. This shit just goes targeted directly to the pain, (yes we're that emotional too). I sometimes fell for that shit, so I just check out quickly and dissmiss it.

I ask you: if that shit you call "hitting bottom" is truly how you feel, like "your honest statement" or some "prefabricated pain" that is still lingering in your system influenced by some PUA threshold of effectiveness.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm 

Dali wrote:
Are tired of being ignored by woman? And being sick of pursuing them and buying them gifts and take them into dinner, only to recieve just a kiss on the cheek at the end of the date?
Do you feel anger after being friendzoned, then discover that the girl fell for a low class douchebag?
Do you sense that your life has no meaning due to being rejected over and over again?
Do you get jealous of assholes treating girls like shit then fucking them, while you dream about and jerk off, isn't that pathethic?

Notice the patterns: tired, being ignored, hitting rock bottom, being jealous, dream about, jerk off, have anger... The list goes on an on pointing to the (matrix diseases) the males suffer.

Now the cure:

Well that's over because I discover some ancient secret form the 19th shaolin dynasty that some daoist master named Fhook Yu a renowed floating master lend to me, wanna know what is?... Click on the video to discover the [insert some snake oil bullshit disguised like a cure that will open the gates of the universe]
nice Dali, :D yes that how all the classic PUA sales pages are....

but in most cases it goes like this:

'Are tired of being ignored by woman? And being sick of pursuing them...... while you dream about and jerk off, isn't that pathetic?'

then comes:

'I was once just like you or even worse than you, girls would ignore me, all my friends got laid I felt like the biggest loser around' (classic NLP to create identification and empathy)

now for the cure:

it all changed one day when I saw a fat, broke, midget getting laid like a rock star. I told him that I had to learn his secrets and after a lot of begging he agreed to teach me...

after hanging out with the fat, broke, midget for a while and learning his secrets I became so successful that when my friends saw how good I was they wanted to know the secrets too, so I started teaching them and the results were amazing.

Look, it took me a lot of time and money to put this system together: three years of going out, making a lot of mistakes and creating something that anyone can apply no matter your looks, age, job or if you are broke and don't have a job.

But the good news for you is if you act today you can get my whole system for just ...*$$*....

here are some success stories:
'.....'
'.....'
'.....'

the truth is people were so successful with my system that the price will go up soon. So act now
while it's only *$$* and finally get the success you deserve.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Sniper wrote:
Dali wrote:

Now the cure:

nice Dali, :D yes that how all the classic PUA sales pages are....

but in most cases it goes like this:

'Are tired of being ignored by woman? And being sick of pursuing them...... while you dream about and jerk off, isn't that pathetic?'

then comes:

'I was once just like you or even worse than you, girls would ignore me, all my friends got laid I felt like the biggest loser around' (classic NLP to create identification and empathy)

now for the cure:

it all changed one day when I saw a fat, broke, midget getting laid like a rock star. I told him that I had to learn his secrets and after a lot of begging he agreed to teach me...

after hanging out with the fat, broke, midget for a while and learning his secrets I became so successful that when my friends saw how good I was they wanted to know the secrets too, so I started teaching them and the results were amazing.

Look, it took me a lot of time and money to put this system together: three years of going out, making a lot of mistakes and creating something that anyone can apply no matter your looks, age, job or if you are broke and don't have a job.

But the good news for you is if you act today you can get my whole system for just ...*$$*....

here are some success stories:
'.....'
'.....'
'.....'

the truth is people were so successful with my system that the price will go up soon. So act now
while it's only *$$* and finally get the success you deserve.
And reduce your learning curve to the max.

You learn from your mistakes. Rather you'll learn from MY mistakes.
Yeah like how to blame them on someone else! (In this case the method!)

Responsability level: Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 am 

"Bottoms Up!" ... Mr. Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am 

lightsleeper wrote:
"Bottoms Up!" ... Mr. Dude
Cheers to that!

I took a mini-road trip with my friend and on the way back we had a GREAT talk. Where both in the same position: Aware of our flaws and seek to do something about them. However, we both feel stuck. I told him about here and how I read from The Kidd or Peregrinus that we must look at ourselves objectively to have any true sense of how & where we are. After chit chat we had a great conversation where we discussed each others flaws & position from the others perspective (my view on him and his view on me). It was brilliant!

Him to Me:

1. Myself and my perception of myself is not connected to reality.

ie. We where at the local Rec Center. I saw the Rec center worker hottie at the courts was eyeing our direction, so the next time she came our way I lightly chatted with her. I was a bit nervous, but pushed on. The conversation was light , and much like Kidd I'm good at seeing signals. Eye contact was sharp, body language was positive, smile was steady. Anyhow after the conversation and the Rec center the topic of conversation was how I always tell my friend how I'm SHY, but he calls me on my BULLSHIT! He told me how envious he was that I could walk up to that girl and start a conversation. He told me how the interaction seemed to go well, and that she even started to blush. Missed that.

Well, my interpretation of the experience was like this: My voice was low and trembly, I was nervous, I wasn't sure where to take it or what I wanted, wasn't confident in my abilities and self. :roll: sadness...

Rather than be happy with my experience and effort I looked at the entire experience as somewhat of a failure!

2. My expectations are to high or I'm to hard on myself for goals. Rather than see failures, or mess-ups, as part of the process. I take them more seriously and to heart. In short: Too hard on myself and unrealistic.

3. I can't seem to LET GO of the past I had.

For both of us 1 & 3 seemed to similar in each others life. It's great to have him in my life. Hope he can say the same.
All in all great things where brought up in the ride back that I couldn't see myself. I know we do this on the forum. Call one anothers BULLSHIT when we sit it. I HIGHLY encourage others to ask close friends to give an objective and honest opinion on yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo TheDude ;)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 pm 

There is nothing wrong with recalling the past Mr. Dude ~ You just don't have to feel bad about it anymore.

Go figure
Sleep

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 am 

lightsleeper wrote:
There is nothing wrong with recalling the past Mr. Dude ~ You just don't have to feel bad about it anymore.
Well said!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:51 am 

Haven't read the replies but this sounds like you are forcing the idea of rock bottom to achieve a result. Trying too hard/pursuing an end result.

Rock bottom isn't something that can be forced or created on a whim.

My advice, accept that you are feeling stuck and also accept that you are wanting to hit rock bottom in order to achieve a end state of acceptance. Trying to change your situation as well as trying to hit your rock bottom to get to a final state of acceptance will be the same as chasing tail to achieve happiness or a state of contentedness within yourself.

TheDude wrote:

I come across thoughts and actions of mine that make it seem like I'm trying to dig myself deeper towards rock bottom. I have a good life to societies standards: parents are middle class, I have a car, job, income, friends, and am healthy. It is a movie after all. I may be taking this idea too far.

One of my thoughts behind hitting bottom is that it will give an experience of true appreciation and authenticity for life that no book, movie, or affirmation could ever do. I will also be an unshakable experience that will resonate deep within me. Anyone else have thoughts of hitting bottom?

p.s. The thought that prompted this thread was reading NewYork152 comment & noticing I'm depressed & down by my own hand more times than not.
Quote:
I feel like it's a sport to you to see how much internal pain/frustration you can inflict upon yourself. Lighten up on yourself, give yourself a break!
-NewYork152

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 am 

StephenP wrote:
Trying too hard/pursuing an end result.
Found that out tonight. Long story short. Work. Bar with homie. Talk to turbo girls. Feel unworthy inside. See girls eye me, but nicely said: feel like a pussy inside. Text girls for needy sex. Nothing. Sad on street bench at 1AM.

REALIZED

I don't accept where I am right now. I want to be where I picture myself of being in my head...NOW (relatively speaking).
Quote:
Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:40 pm 

TheDude wrote:
I don't accept where I am right now. I want to be where I picture myself of being in my head...NOW (relatively speaking).
Worthwhile never comes like that I had to find that out the hard way you best pick a path and stick to it, after being in my own depression for these past few years along with my current recent motivation (or lack thereof) to even keep on living when I had nothing to live for anymore.

I tried The Kidds advice of just living for myself and that didn't work out because I didn't love myself enough to do such a thing and I hated everything around me. I thought I would just go ahead and live like a zombie but I was tired of being tired and even though it isn't the best situation right now I found something that I know will work for me because its what I always aspired to do.

The difference is between then and now is that I had no commitment so I never seen the results I would have if I just stuck with it plus I'm lazy. But now I truly understand that nothing in life worthwhile is easy it took years to finally grasp that concept and now I'm on this path to set myself up for the first level of freedom. My goal this year is to free myself from my job by the end of this year or on New Years I officially hate it there now and I made no exceptions to myself I will see through to this goal no matter what.

Its good you can imagine yourself there now you should think about taking the appropriate actions towards getting there its time to fess up and get on your grind, talking about it here won't make it any better only action. I've limited my free time to only being productive and coming on these forums less I am on the way to shutting myself out socially for awhile until I achieve this goal, crying about it won't solve a damn thing only action.

Is your dream worth that? Is it worth the sweat, blood, and tears? Is it worth it to experience this for the rest of your life or would you just like to escape reality of drowning yourself in alcohol and fantasies only imagining how great it could be? Not saying either way is better than the other but which one would have the most satisfying consequence for you. You don't have to answer but definitely marinate on what I have posted.