Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Story continued..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Fufe...the bottom line...and what everyone is trying to tell you...it's that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT...what you want has little to no bearing on whatever life decides you're gonna get. :geek:
I disagree.

Specific situations are out of reach maybe, but if you want something you can get it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am 

Morpheus wrote:
Specific situations are out of reach maybe, but if you want something you can get it.
But it doesn't mean that you will.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:52 am 

fufe wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Fufe...the bottom line...and what everyone is trying to tell you...it's that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT...what you want has little to no bearing on whatever life decides you're gonna get. :geek:
So the law of attraction doesn't work at all ?
It's working all the time it's just not the sexy version of it being sold. Not even close. We never get to be God and we never get to stop all unfortunate or unpleasant things from happening. There'll be things you want you don't get, things you don't want that you do. That's why the Best teachings deal with your attachment, allowing, reactions and identification rather than trying to control the universe.

Clarity is useful of course, even if only on the practical level Of cutting out unnecessary steps, and taking the wisest action. All of this can happen without attachment.

If you want to talk law of attraction, notice how deeply you believe the idea that you change slowly, it takes you a while, you are this and you are that. These thoughts are so deep you don't even consider them thoughts, but truth. This is identity level, deeper than thought and even deeper than belief. Ponder that for a second in terms of standard law of attraction ideas. even hours of positive thinking and so on do not override this deeper level.

This is the reason that all the guys here are pointing at working on the level of your attachment. You can't even get near the other shit until you deal with that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 am 

Two paraphrased quotes from my teacher:

There is a law of aerodynamics, but you sure as hell aren't going to fly just by jumping. It takes a lot of mastery. Think of law of attraction stuff more like that, then the law of gravity.

If you want some coffee, and there is a shop staffed by people who will make it for you, and you have the three dollars in your pocket, that is the law of attraction. Sorry ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Two paraphrased quotes from my teacher:

There is a law of aerodynamics, but you sure as hell aren't going to fly just by jumping. It takes a lot of mastery. Think of law of attraction stuff more like that, then the law of gravity.

If you want some coffee, and there is a shop staffed by people who will make it for you, and you have the three dollars in your pocket, that is the law of attraction. Sorry ;)
Flow83, I loved this post, but the highlighted above is a magnificent quote ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 am 

Flow83 wrote:
If you want to talk law of attraction, notice how deeply you believe the idea that you change slowly, it takes you a while, you are this and you are that. These thoughts are so deep you don't even consider them thoughts, but truth.
Flow83 wrote:
This is identity level, deeper than thought and even deeper than belief. Ponder that for a second in terms of standard law of attraction ideas. even hours of positive thinking and so on do not override this deeper level.

This is the reason that all the guys here are pointing at working on the level of your attachment. You can't even get near the other shit until you deal with that.
Are there really thoughts deeper than others ? How can you know if you're not thinking ?

Isn't the identity created by the attachment to some thoughts when they arise ? (or at least by the illusion of detachment that there is someone watching the thoughts)

Is there really something deeper than thought ? How can you know ? "At the beginning was the word" said the bible.

How can you work on attachment without being attached about working on attachment ? Isn't the demand to work on attachment the very thing that has created it ?
You can't be free from something unless you're also free about wanting to be free from this thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm 

Its not about some thoughts being deeper than others. It's that you consider them to be true, facts about the world we don't even consider them thoughts.

When a thought happens, who is observing it? What is the thing that looks at the thought and then makes a decision about it? If there's something there that can see a thought, there is something more fundamental than thought.

Who observes thought? I do. What traits are fundamental to that I?

This is the territory where the "work happens. All concepts about wanting to be free from the attachment and the attachment itself are in the mind. It's thoughts piled on thoughts, and this does not untangle itself by just thinking even more thoughts about it in most cases. It's a great way for your ego to avoid anything ever happening - if you can't work on it because you're not supposed to work on it, and you can't think about it then what the fuck are you supposed to do? The real gold is in the discovery of who is even having this conversation in your head. Where are the ideas and thoughts coming from?

Answers like oh it's the superego and all of that shit are mind describing itself - it is in the allowing of this whole inner discussion, in the observation of it, that you can start to look at, who is the one observing these thoughts? What am I? What do I think I am. That's where you start getting to identity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:01 pm 

As for working with attachments, there are plenty of ancient, sound methods with a good track record. All the good ones welcome it to come up -the only way out of this stuff is through it and not trying to deny it.

You really get free when you actually -Experience- that the attachment and the attachment to the attachment, and so on are an illusion in your mind.

It doesn't matter that a nightmare is not real. You are still scared until you wake up and see firsthand that it was not real. It doesn't seem like a nightmare when you are in it, it seems completely real. All of the evidence says that it is 100% real. So you have to operate from inside the dream, just telling yourself that is a dream doesn't help, only waking up does.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo Flow83.. Once again I find myself enjoying your posts.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Good questions lead to good answers :lol:
Flow83 wrote:
It doesn't matter that a nightmare is not real. You are still scared until you wake up and see firsthand that it was not real. It doesn't seem like a nightmare when you are in it, it seems completely real. All of the evidence says that it is 100% real. So you have to operate from inside the dream, just telling yourself that is a dream doesn't help, only waking up does.
I'll just quote lightsleeper ;) :
Quote:
Who you think you are is a trance! Wake up and think ...

We dream ourselves up everyday

Sleep
Thanks for your replies Flow83, and if I may prove a point to myself, would you be willing to take the MBTI type indicator test ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Likewise my friend. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:09 am 
Site Admin

Flow83 wrote:
As for working with attachments, there are plenty of ancient, sound methods with a good track record. All the good ones welcome it to come up -the only way out of this stuff is through it and not trying to deny it.

You really get free when you actually -Experience- that the attachment and the attachment to the attachment, and so on are an illusion in your mind.

Good!

Quoting Jed McKenna:
"Having the answer
isn't enough.
You have to do the math."
- Jed McKenna
Enlightenment is selfless awareness.  The process of enlightenment is not about becoming who you really are but about unbecoming who you never were.  It cannot be desired or wished for because prior to its achievement failure is pre-ordained by the radical deconstruction of self required to slip from the grip of the intolerable lie of 'self'.  From the perspective of ego, enlightenment is the biggest nothing of all time, totally anti-climactic, like waking up from a spectacular dream.  But, further, this Truth is beyond any possible sensation or thought in the mind -- it is more than human.  The real price of enlightenment, of immortality, is the severance of your attachment to all that is mortal, a complete disidentification with all that changes and passes away -- this entire world, in a nutshell.  This is something you must see for yourself, a madness you will embark upon only when your current position becomes untenable -- when you have no choice.  When your need is authentic you will get out of your own way and the universe will respond.  Grace happens.  So there is no such thing as an enlightened person; it's an immutable contradiction for that 'person' has ceased to exist and yet you (?) continue.  Perfectly human.
Talk about really scary shit. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
Desire and attachment are complete "entities" on their
own self, but never are they a part of us. "Failure" to
see desires as complete is what perpetuates the illusion.

EVERYTHING is moving from complete to complete,
with nothing left to add.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:00 pm 

It's funny that more I work on anything, the more unworthy I feel. As if I don't deserve what I want - And what you guys told me made me feel ever more unworthy.. Now what I must do seems to me like climbing a big mountain using my bare hands
So I guess only way is getting rid of attachments.. So no success for long time, I don't think I can't get rid of them in matter of days..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:19 pm 

fufe wrote:
It's funny that more I work on anything, the more unworthy I feel. As if I don't deserve what I want - And what you guys told me made me feel ever more unworthy.. Now what I must do seems to me like climbing a big mountain using my bare hands
So I guess only way is getting rid of attachments.. So no success for long time, I don't think I can't get rid of them in matter of days..
This is a natural aspect of any practice. I make my living in the arts and even though I am far more knowledgable and experienced than I used to be, I am forever becoming more aware of how much I don't know.

You are conceptualizing an ideal state where you are "done" and that doesn't exist. You can and should have success today, and at the same time continue to do work. The journey never stops and there is no magical point at which success is permitted to happen, all of that is decided by you - this is a core story of yours that almost everything you wrote stems from.

The process is the thing. Learn to enjoy it and the little, sometimes big, successes all along the way because this never stops.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm 

Funny even your signature refers to "done."
You are not a fixed thing. It's never done, you are in a perpetual state of moving energy and you are being created in every moment. Forget this idea that you will do x hours of work and then climb the mountain and then relax on top of it.

The one thing almost all teachings agree on is being in the moment. Your life is now, not in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
fufe wrote:
This is a natural aspect of any practice. I make my living in the arts and even though I am far more knowledgable and experienced than I used to be, I am forever becoming more aware of how much I don't know.

You are conceptualizing an ideal state where you are "done" and that doesn't exist. You can and should have success today, and at the same time continue to do work. The journey never stops and there is no magical point at which success is permitted to happen, all of that is decided by you - this is a core story of yours that almost everything you wrote stems from.

The process is the thing. Learn to enjoy it and the little, sometimes big, successes all along the way because this never stops.
That's absolutely spot on. :geek:

I only hope I'm strong enough.. Because I feel very weak emotionally, opposite of what people think

But that's something I needed to hear, thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:38 am 

No problem man.

You are absolutely strong enough -- it doesn't FEEL like it always, but remember you were powerful enough to create everything you have now including this "thing" (and it obviously didn't do too bad man, you're still alive, you're a functional, intelligent self aware person) -- sometimes just intellectually reminding yourself that you were powerful enough to create all of this is proof that you must be powerful enough to uncreate it/create something else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
No problem man.

You are absolutely strong enough -- it doesn't FEEL like it always, but remember you were powerful enough to create everything you have now including this "thing" (and it obviously didn't do too bad man, you're still alive, you're a functional, intelligent self aware person) -- sometimes just intellectually reminding yourself that you were powerful enough to create all of this is proof that you must be powerful enough to uncreate it/create something else.
Yes

And feelings themselves never accomplish anything for us.
Ego want´s to reward itself with a feeling. It doesn´t
matter what the feeling is like.

It is a reward mechanism.

You don´t have to feel strong. Feeling merely "rewards"
and the ego is delayed 1/10,000th of a second after Reality.

And of course you don´t have to be "enlightened" in order to
be. You ARE, and that´s enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:33 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Focus on the greatest excitement in your life. Your greatest emotional stimulation. Focus there.

Hint, hint. :arrow:
Any hints ? I can't find this emotional stimulation you are talking about.. Any examples ?
So far only being with a woman hits me that strong..