Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Beliefs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 pm 

I've been busy wiping the shit that's been accumulating on my soul for the past 17 years, and I've realized, but always known, that I have a few faulty beliefs up in the old brain. It seems in my childhood I was under the impression that I wasn't good enough for some things in this life. And, for the past 5 years I've been working to reprogam myself and bring out my authentic self to shine on this motha fuckin planet! 8-) bang bang bitches

I'm digging as deep as I can go at the moment into my subconcious to see what my floor plan looks like. And right now I can't differ between a thought and a belief :?

I understand the importance of believing in oneself, and all the benefits that grow from it. However, I can't manage to change my beliefs. Any help is greattttlllyyy appreciated

Post subject: Re: Beliefs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 am 

Grab a limiting belief for example "Women don't like bald men" you can at this point ask "how do I know thats true?" or you can jump right to asking "How do I know thats absolutely ridiculous?"

And thats how you reframe limiting beliefs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 am 

Once you have a thought that resonates with you enough it will become a belief. Just realize the beliefs you want to change, go look for references that will back up the new belief and presto, shit is changed.

That's great man, someone getting their front and clout together is very important, but internalizing the proper beliefs to make you rock solid is #1 in importance!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 am 

You may be focusing on the destination.

Like ManniJa said, beliefs solidify with evidence, when you find strong enough evidence, over time you will solidify a solid sense of self-worth.

As we've been advised before, you can do a mental check on which situations make you feel not good enough and why, that should help towards bringing things full circle, it's helping me.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 pm 

TheDude wrote:
I'm digging as deep as I can go at the moment into my subconcious to see what my floor plan looks like. And right now I can't differ between a thought and a belief :?
if you give us some of your beliefs\thoughts we can help you...

I mentioned in another thread that I'm only 1.70 tall (one meter 70 centimeters) and I used to think that not being tall is going to screw my chances. Then Kidd and ManniJa told me that they knew guys who were great with women and that they were 1.70 or below.

Kidd even trained a short and skinny dude that had loads of success.

David X is also short (and not that good looking) and he was pimping for a long time before he got married....

Edit: I also had a problem with my weight and I lost a lot of it.
I did it for myself not for women....

But there are guys who are overweight and had more success than me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 am 

ManniJa wrote:
That's great man, someone getting their front and clout together is very important, but internalizing the proper beliefs to make you rock solid is #1 in importance!
I agree, front and clout are supposed to lead us to your second point as Kidd mentioned on another post somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 am 

Sniper wrote:
TheDude wrote:
if you give us some of your beliefs\thoughts we can help you...
Here are some beliefs I have, there not word for word, but more so the feelings I get from unconscious thought patterns:
>I'm not worthy enough [for success, that girl, a reward, ...]
>I don't deserve it

Here are some thoughts I am aware of too:
>I lack self-worth
>I'm a awkward/uncomfortable guy who will goof it up
>I'm not a confident person/I don't feel like a man or strong for that matter (but the contrary is that I am fit & in shape).

What I realized recently was that I was bullied as a little kid which made me feel like doodoo, and now years later I catch myself being my own bully & pushing myself around :(

I'm 22 and I've always felt like I had a weak mentality & mind, and I'm ready to change that!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 am 

TheDude wrote:

What I realized recently was that I was bullied as a little kid which made me feel like doodoo, and now years later I catch myself being my own bully & pushing myself around :(

I'm 22 and I've always felt like I had a weak mentality & mind, and I'm ready to change that!!! 8-)
Been there too buddy, time to turn your worst enemy into your best friend.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am 

Quote:
>I'm not worthy enough [for success, that girl, a reward, ...]
because?
Quote:
>I don't deserve it
because?
Quote:
Here are some thoughts I am aware of too:

>I lack self-worth
>I'm a awkward/uncomfortable guy who will goof it up
>I'm not a confident person/I don't feel like a man or strong for that matter (but the contrary is that I am fit & in shape).
why is that?
Quote:
What I realized recently was that I was bullied as a little kid which made me feel like doodoo
Ok I can understand but the past is gone, finished. Why live the past NOW?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:46 am 

Alchemist wrote:

Been there too buddy, time to turn your worst enemy into your best friend.
And how do you go about doing that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:27 am 

Browse the forum, it's been discussed many times.

It's also in my signature.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 am 

I'm on it! :D