Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Observation and flow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm 

Hey Guys,

I am currently crawling through the treasure chest and want to share my insights with observation.
Because it's not about women, I just put it in this section of the forum.

A relative of me who is going to school and having problems with math just came over and wanted help with some math problem.
I could easily see his problem not being the math, but his inability to be patient and focus at the problem.
He always went away with his thoughts and avoided looking directly at the problem, just guessing random numbers.
While reading a post about observation some minutes later and the comment that it applies to all sections of life, I had to think about the math problems again.
In school math was never a problem for me and I think it ist about observing the problem and giving the right thoughts the space to come up. As long as I have negative thoughts in my mind, no answer can show up. The conditioned negative thoughts just block the good ones from showing up and even when I learned the skill before, no solution can form itself in my head.

One area in my life, where this is more apparent, is drawing. I was never able to draw a copy of a picture lying before me.
But some years ago I found a book that focused on observing the picture and not on drawing the picture.
After working with this book, I could draw beautiful faces and was able to copy pictures.
The thing I had to learn was to let go of my negative self talk and start observing.

So think about the things you mastered in your life and think about the processes in your head and the feeling while you do them. It can probably give you a better grasp of the way you should operate in all the areas of your life where you think you are stuck.

Please report back your observations, because I would like some feedback for my thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Observation and flow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
Awesome stuff my dude. I definately can relate to that. This definately hits home for me when it comes to socializing. My thing was I was basically a huge pussy. I couldn't say what was on my mind, couldn't stand up for myself and I would always hold a belief in my head that I wasn't good enough and I wasn't an interesting person.

For me I focused on these beliefs I had. I still am not sure how I picked up these beliefs. Somewhere in my life I just lost confidence and started having issues with alot of different people. Mostly old bosses I had and a few random people here and there. I always lived in fear pretty much. Couldn't
be cool with hardly anyone, never anyone new. Actually now that I'm focusing on it as I'm writing I can see this came from my parents.

Socializing now is completely different for me. I love the people I hangout with and I'm soo much more comfortable in front of people in gerneral.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 pm 

great post, the art of observing is valid to all areas of life-
yourself and also other men....

when I started observing other men in my workplace and in school (for example)-
I learned a lot about interactions and what makes people act and do certain things....

when I started observing myself I was able to see thought patterns and stuff that were holding me back in school, work and other areas of life.

So yea- the art of observing and seeing patterns is not just for Women. It applies to all areas of life- including observing yourself and other Men around you.

These days when I observe married couples- shit, I don't even want to get into it :(

The Kidd and Grinus that have been doing this for years were able to see what's going on in my head and my weak points- just by reading my posts on the forum: without even seeing me in person.

It scared me a little bit at first- I was like what the heck?
how do they know? :shock:

But see how great it is? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:49 pm 

Observation is KEY. Just today I was in a situation where the driller I was supervising was being uncooperative and refused to perform a task the way I wanted him to. He engaged me in a dialogue of questioning why I wanted to do it a certain way. He then attempted to call my level of experience into question, probing for weakness and uncertainty. Since I was in a state of observing the interation rather than just reacting to it, I wasn't tricked into falling into the trap of allowing him to convince me to second guess myself.

Observation doesn't end there. I now re-examine the interaction and create strategies for handling similar situations in the future. (Such as "It doesn't matter how long I've been a Directionnal Driller. Just fuckin' do it.)

Women, career, health, self awareness; these are all areas you can benefit from observation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm 

Sniper wrote:
It scared me a little bit at first- I was like what the heck?
how do they know? :shock:

But see how great it is? :)
I was always made curious by people like that. Never unnerved, always wanted to understand how they did it. Still have it it's a burning curiousity.