Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: New insight
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm 

Something I'm noticing a lot in social interactions, is that people will generally put on a hard exterior like they are the coolest, most indifferent person in the group. There is usually a lot of jocking for the position of "alpha" especially if a new person enters.
I'll notice some/many of these aggressions directed at me, but instead of feeling a knee jerk anger like before, I feel calm, I don't have any conscious thought patterns/affirmations toward it. I just don't care.

Not in a negative way, I just feel that all that bullshit isn't worth my time. I have better things to do, I still really enjoy watching the interactions play out. But I am no longer invested in them, they just are and I am there. But their outcome holds no importance to me.

I still watch for attempts to manipulate me, and react accordingly. But if some guy tries to directly challenge me I don't respond. He is looking to validate his own insecurities. Why would I give him the validation he seeks?

This detachment seems to have a positive effect, usually within a fairly short period of time I am the one people are looking to at the very least subconsciously. And the more I think the more people's motivations and drives become clear to me. People really are like books, you just have to know what your looking for and what they actions likely mean given previous analysis of other actions even from other people.

For example someone who is overly friendly is usually up to no good.

EDIT:Last night I was out for a few beers with a friend from work there was probably about 10 other people there.
The one waitress was really cute and one of the guys in the group was trying to buy her shots and get her to hang out after she was done work. But she kept really detached from him and told him she couldn't do shots at work. But "trust me I would love to hang out after work" while looking away and her shoulders were slightly tilted away as well. She looked over at me and came over and put her hand on the small of my back and ask if I wanted another drink etc.

Later when I was going up to pay, some random guy told her he loved her haha (wasn't sure if he was serious). She started talking about how some guys are really weird.

Last edited by Altair on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New insight
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm 

Quote:
Hey buddy! :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:05 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Hey buddy! :mrgreen:
Someone you don't know well haha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 pm 

I haven't really noticed this, probably because men have never seen me as a threat before, I'll keep an eye out for it though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:27 am 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
I haven't really noticed this, probably because men have never seen me as a threat before, I'll keep an eye out for it though.
The time will come 8-)