Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
This is great, I was actually on the verge of making the same mistake myself.....
You're kidding. :|
I am. :lol:

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in writing, I'll work on that. :p

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 am 

Ya, don't talk too much about it to her, it makes it look like you're tying to get a reaction out of her, therefore she knows she's got you by the sack because it looks like you care. When it comes to talking, less is more...just do.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 am 

Or...just don't. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Or...just don't. 8-)
Knock Knock... LOL

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:48 am 

SAMSQUAMCH! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:40 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 am 

Hello fufe,

i would be indifferent with other girls, but not with my girlfriend. I might show some indifference with her in some cases, cases where i sense that she overdid something or crossed the line. But otherwise i don't see any reason for indifference in a relationship.

Don't forget that this is not any girl, she is your girlfriend. This means that (in comparison to your relationship with other girls), your relationship with her should have a stronger bond, more caring and emotions. Indifference doesn't really fit in here, at least not always.

So i would suggest that you ask yourself whether you really care about this girl. If yes, then i think you have to show that you care, i'm sure you yourself won't be happy if she was indifferent with you all the time. If you don't care about her, then may be it was good for the relationship to end.

Best of luck to you mate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 am 

Barca wrote:
I would be indifferent with other girls, but not with my girlfriend. I might show some indifference with her in some cases,
I do agree, that indifference isn't necesairy a permenant state/thing. More often it's not, and people who started off indifferent get attached.
I'm not sure it's something one can prevent, and not sure if one should always try to prevent it from happening. Although feeling of pain/loss can be involved when losing indifference and getting attached.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:15 am 

scarface wrote:
Barca wrote:
I would be indifferent with other girls, but not with my girlfriend. I might show some indifference with her in some cases,
I do agree, that indifference isn't necesairy a permenant state/thing. More often it's not, and people who started off indifferent get attached.I'm not sure it's something one can prevent, and not sure if one should always try to prevent it from happening. Although feeling of pain/loss can be involved when losing indifference and getting attached.
I dunno about the first point, I mean I understand how one can veer off course sometimes but you have to keep checking yourself if you notice it happening and as Kidd advises, finish how you start.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:08 pm 

Barca wrote:
Hello fufe,

i would be indifferent with other girls, but not with my girlfriend. I might show some indifference with her in some cases, cases where i sense that she overdid something or crossed the line. But otherwise i don't see any reason for indifference in a relationship.

Don't forget that this is not any girl, she is your girlfriend. This means that (in comparison to your relationship with other girls), your relationship with her should have a stronger bond, more caring and emotions. Indifference doesn't really fit in here, at least not always.

So i would suggest that you ask yourself whether you really care about this girl. If yes, then i think you have to show that you care, i'm sure you yourself won't be happy if she was indifferent with you all the time. If you don't care about her, then may be it was good for the relationship to end.

Best of luck to you mate.
No offense, Barca...but fufe, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

I am VERY indifferent with my keeper...doesnt mean I love her any less or show less affection. Just means that I understand that I have no control over what people decide to do and am at peace with that. If she were to leave me today, I truly wouldn't even flinch. Ironically, I'm sure it's this mindset that keeps her around lol!

Maybe you are confusing indifference with apathy? :ugeek:

Besides, she's not his girlfriend...she DUMPED his ass. :|

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Just think of the trees: they let the birds perch and fly, with no intention to call them when they come and no longing for their return when they fly away. If people's hearts can be like the trees, they will not be off the Way.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Just think of the trees: they let the birds perch and fly, with no intention to call them when they come and no longing for their return when they fly away. If people's hearts can be like the trees, they will not be off the Way.
Beautiful words man, very well put. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:12 pm 

scarface wrote:
Barca wrote:
I do agree, that indifference isn't necesairy a permenant state/thing. More often it's not, and people who started off indifferent get attached.
I'm not sure it's something one can prevent, and not sure if one should always try to prevent it from happening. Although feeling of pain/loss can be involved when losing indifference and getting attached.
Exactly scarface, i too don't think that indifference should be a permanent state. As i said, it should be used only in some cases in a relationship, but for the most part of the relationship it's not necessary at all, for me at least.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Barca wrote:
No offense, Barca...but fufe, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

I am VERY indifferent with my keeper...doesnt mean I love her any less or show less affection. Just means that I understand that I have no control over what people decide to do and am at peace with that. If she were to leave me today, I truly wouldn't even flinch. Ironically, I'm sure it's this mindset that keeps her around lol!

Maybe you are confusing indifference with apathy? :ugeek:

Besides, she's not his girlfriend...she DUMPED his ass. :|
Kidd, i would appreciate it more if you would let fufe read and listen to what he wants to. After all this forum is for all of us to participate in, and fufe can decide for himself :).

About you being indifferent to your keeper, i don't really know you or your keeper, and i don't know how your relationship with her looks like. So, i think what works for you in your relationship, shouldn't necessarily work for fufe or others. I don't know how old your keeper is, or what social background she has. I don't know if she is old enough to have a chance to meet or to date good men (in case your relationship with her ends). May be you are much more superior to your partner than fufe is to his? Here the indifference might keep your partner around, but might also make fufe lose his. These are all factors that play a role you know.

Anyway, i don't really see where you disagree with what i said. Would be great if you'd point that out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 pm 

Fufe lost his chick because he was INVESTED...then, when she dumped him, he tried to ACT indifferent, which made the situation worse for him because it wasnt genuine...THATS what happened. :geek:

All of the unknown variables you listed about my keeper and I have no bearing on the effectiveness of being indifferent in a relationship, period. :ugeek:

...and what do you mean you can't see where I disagreed with you? You said to not be indifferent with your girlfriend...and I said your girlfriend is who you need to be indifferent with the most...looks like a obvious difference of opinion to me. :?

Hopefully, one day it'll all make sense to you and anyone else who doesn't 'get it' yet...I hope with all my heart that it does. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Fufe lost his chick because he was INVESTED...then, when she dumped him, he tried to ACT indifferent, which made the situation worse for him because it wasnt genuine...THATS what happened. :geek:

All of the unknown variables you listed about my keeper and I have no bearing on the effectiveness of being indifferent in a relationship, period. :ugeek:

...and what do you mean you can't see where I disagreed with you? You said to not be indifferent with your girlfriend...and I said your girlfriend is who you need to be indifferent with the most...looks like a obvious difference of opinion to me. :?

Hopefully, one day it'll all make sense to you and anyone else who doesn't 'get it' yet...I hope with all my heart that it does. :ugeek:

i said not be indifferent with your girlfriend, execpt in some cases. You said to fufe that he has to be indifferent, but not to do it wrong and not to overdo it. Still can't see where the difference of opinion is.

Anyway, about the factors i mentioned, how can they have no bearing on the effectiveness of being indifferent? If i for example have a relationship with a beauty queen (young, very attractive and has very good chances with men), and at some other time another relationship with a very normal woman in her mid or late 30's (not young, not that attractive, and might see me as her best possible choice), you think i can be equally indifferent to both, with equal affects? No way at all.

This is what i meant.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Barca wrote:
If i for example have a relationship with a beauty queen (young, very attractive and has very good chances with men), and at some other time another relationship with a very normal woman in her mid or late 30's (not young, not that attractive, and might see me as her best possible choice), you think i can be equally indifferent to both, with equal affects?
YES!

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 pm 

Thank you, 'Grinus. 8-)

You're selling yourself short, Barca...as long as you believe that it will always be YOUR reality. :ugeek:

As far as your example goes, I've been on both sides (sometimes simultaneously) and have been just as indifferent...I really think you are confusing indifference with apathy. You sure that's not a possibility? :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 pm 

Barca wrote:
Don't forget that this is not any girl, she is your girlfriend.

The biggest lie told to man.

Along with tea, coffee, alcohol, cars and HD television.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:06 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Thank you, 'Grinus. 8-)

You're selling yourself short, Barca...as long as you believe that it will always be YOUR reality. :ugeek:

As far as your example goes, I've been on both sides (sometimes simultaneously) and have been just as indifferent...I really think you are confusing indifference with apathy. You sure that's not a possibility? :|
Well Kidd, as far as i know, apathy is a permanent state of indifference. So no, i'm not talking about apathy, i'm talking about indifference only.

I understand what you're saying, but i still see that certain factors play a role in all of this. I will leave this as it is for now, perhaps we'll get a chance to discuss more in the future.