Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am 

Here is a short story...

you all remember the thread about the value theory. I hope so..

I have a female friend who started to date a guy. The guy is cool his mother is very domineering and she is dominating him. Anyway, she told him that she doesn't want his girlfriend (my lady friend) to have guy friends...

My lady friend said she had a lot of arguments with her (his mom) to keep me and the other guy friends she has. I'll just point out that non of us are having or had a sexual relationship with her. Our relationship with her is and always was platonic.

Anyway, two days ago I had a fight, not a fight but more of a disagreement with her about something. And she 'thinks' she has a card that she can play on me.

So after we had that fight\disagreement she said something like:

you know Sniper I had a lot of hard time with my boyfriend's mom because she told me to drop all my male friends. But I 'fought' to keep you...

Me: that's nice but it doesn't impress me. You didn't do it for me or for your other guy friends. You did it for yourself. You know that you are getting some kind of value from our relationship otherwise you wouldn't have kept in touch with me and the others...

Her: :oops: no, but it's..

Me: it's Ok you don't need to say anything. I know how relationships work (any kind of relationship). So don't try to hold that card on me - as if you did it for Me.

remember guys, love and any relationship is an exchange of value. No one is keeping you as a friend (may it be male or female) unless they are getting some kind of value out of you.
so if a girl ever says something like that to you, remember that the only reason she is in touch with you is because she is getting some kind of value from you.

yea, reality is not a Walt Disney movie..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 am 

Quote:
so if a girl ever says something like that to you, remember that the only reason she is in touch with you is because she is getting some kind of value from you.
So can the same be said about this forum ?? because the more this is brought up the more I realize how relationships really are, to be honest I thought i was ready for this truth because all I thought about was my family sucking me dry emotionally but now I realize there is definitely some relationships I need to cut altogether and other relationships I need to improve upon this will take time but......

I have always searched for the truth and here it is maybe right in front of me, I guess the only difference here is that we actually care about each other especially the kidd which is why I can understand him losing patience at times he is doing this for free taking the time out his day to answer redundant questions and the same goes for Peregrinus and you as well Sniper.

I think the only thing I will do from this point on is re read all these posts start writing them in paper and hang them on the wall somewhere to remind myself about these things, and hopefully just post the progress I have made.

Where is that post about MLM I need to get that started I want to make money that doesn't work for a company but I don't have to worry about others either. I want to control my life the fullest extent possible, even if control is an illusion.
I hope after reading this that original and new members alike can appreciate that there are people in this world that do give damn about mankind.

Peregrinus and Kidd with the knowledge I have gathered so far I will do my best to not pester you unless really necessary, I will also start thinking for myself I will make a thread here about all observations throughout my day, and all I want is feedback not just from kidd but the vets that have a good understanding about this world and to see if I am making progress something I need to work on (although we are always striving to improve).

thank you

P.S. Sometimes I can share Sasuke's sentiments I sometimes have hatred burning inside of me if it wasn't for this I probably might be another statistic of some sort of suicide or going on a killing spree, thank goodness I was always more productive than anything else.

I'm glad I started reading Buddhism its resonated with me and helped when I didn't know what else to do with these emotions even though this world is about establishing independence, interdependence and friends do matter and the bonds that are forged I have known this for sometime, guys like you on this forum and my roommate that makes me glad there are people who you can depend on in your time of need.

That was longer than intended anyway I will be off look for my thread sometime next week I want out of the rat race and I want freedom and inner peace nothing is more important than these things when I have this I will be content.

I want to start my own online thing anybody know where to go or how to get one started I'm done with all of this please PM when you can thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Well, the same is for you, me and other guys, if you are not altruist...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 pm 

fufe wrote:
true, but we talk about it and admit it while many girls try to deny it And want you to think as if they are doing it for you and not for themselves (I had this happen to me with a few girls in the past while it never happened to me with guys)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:33 pm 

Sniper wrote:
fufe wrote:
true, but we talk about it and admit it while many girls try to deny it And want you to think as if they are doing it for you and not for themselves (I had this happen to me with a few girls in the past while it never happened to me with guys)
Well not only girls. I think you have to be quite conscious to see it. But I'm not defending them by any means.. Guys just don't hide it that much, I quess. But I've defenitely seen it in guys too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Here is a short story...

you all remember the thread about the value theory. I hope so..

I have a female friend who started to date a guy. The guy is cool his mother is very domineering and she is dominating him. Anyway, she told him that she doesn't want his girlfriend (my lady friend) to have guy friends...

My lady friend said she had a lot of arguments with her (his mom) to keep me and the other guy friends she has. I'll just point out that non of us are having or had a sexual relationship with her. Our relationship with her is and always was platonic.

Anyway, two days ago I had a fight, not a fight but more of a disagreement with her about something. And she 'thinks' she has a card that she can play on me.

So after we had that fight\disagreement she said something like:

you know Sniper I had a lot of hard time with my boyfriend's mom because she told me to drop all my male friends. But I 'fought' to keep you...

Me: that's nice but it doesn't impress me. You didn't do it for me or for your other guy friends. You did it for yourself. You know that you are getting some kind of value from our relationship otherwise you wouldn't have kept in touch with me and the others...

Her: :oops: no, but it's..

Me: it's Ok you don't need to say anything. I know how relationships work (any kind of relationship). So don't try to hold that card on me - as if you did it for Me.

remember guys, love and any relationship is an exchange of value. No one is keeping you as a friend (may it be male or female) unless they are getting some kind of value out of you.

yea, reality is not a Walt Disney movie..
Ab-So-Fucking-lutely!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."