Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:15 am 

My mind was just blown...seems to happen a lot around here :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:25 am 

StephenP wrote:
My mind was just blown...seems to happen a lot around here :shock:
Well sir...please share with the rest of the class what did it this time. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:53 am 

:lol:

Well, as you may or may not know, you and 'grinus smacked me pretty hard with realizations straight to the face recently. I went from suuuper pissed off to kind of confused to starting to see the light to angry again to acceptance to anger at what my "being a good person" has gotten me, to depressed about how the world actually is to acceptance. And that last state is pretty peaceful, still a little bit of bittersweet that people can't be cooler, but still better to know than not. All of the above is ego, until the last part

In this post, I learned what true observation is. And I learned that the learning that goes on here is way beyond "getting chics dude". I think I got that covered :? However, my observation skills could use some upgrading when it comes to life in general. And I could set aside this whole "I can get chics dude" ego and actually learn some real life skills and wisdom from my...elders?

To sum it up for the class, it's pretty much either ego - or - observing. Both can't happen at the same time.

I'm pretty detached from whether chics check me out or not, and thus see it all the time. However, I don't know how to explain the energy or mindset involved, but when it comes to real life out in the streets, my ego gets in the way a lot, strangely with males. I tend to worry that other dudes, and people in general think I'm creepy and/or will get pissed off when they catch me looking at them (though never worry when I see girls giving me the signs, hmmm). Keywords - looking at them. As the words say, this is not observing, this is looking at them - through a lens. That lens being the ego. And when the ego is involved, it is creepy, or at least not comfortable.

If I'm observing it's just facts. No judgement. If they see me seeing them, what they think is none of my business - I'm observing for my sake, survival even.

Basically, If I can't answer these questions (and hundreds more of the same flavor), I'm not observing, I'm in Ego:
Quote:
How about:
What colour were the eyes of the ones you spoke to?
How many of them were wearing rings(on any finger)?
Were they wearing wedding rings or engagement rings?
What were they wearing?
Were they relaxed or tense?
Were they comfortable talking to you?
What did you talk about?
What did they want to talk about?
Where were they going, where were they coming from?
How did they know each other?
What did they do (work, study etc)?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 am 

Well put, StephenP. :ugeek:

I've said many times that the way to women is via self improvement (i.e. if you build it, they will come)...the main thing you should walk away with is a renewed heightened sense of self esteem...once you feel better about yourself, everything else just kind of falls in to place. Some people have a lot more work to put in to get to this point (as Sniper and in an lesser sense, yourself...are discovering).

When you first stepped foot in here, you were VERY egotistical...like you already knew everything and there was nothing you could possibly learn from any of us...only to discover that you were sorely mistaken. To your credit, you were eventually able to put your ego aside and allow yourself to grow some more...that is a HUGE step...one that most men would NEVER take.

Bottom line is this: the skill set that 'Grinus and I purport to everyone here with the main focus to attract and keep the attention of women can be used in almost any other facet of day-to-day life. As 'Grinus stated earlier...he was dealing with people at work very emotionally detached and logically...and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of THAT meeting. :mrgreen:

However, in order to motivate people to learn new skills, you have to package it with something that is universally appealing. For men, attracting women consistently is VERY appealing. The ones that do get it soon realize (it's not a huge leap) that the mindset they worked so hard to acquire translates very well to almost all other human interactions and behaviors with little addendum...and THAT is the SECRET SAUCE! ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:32 am 

Thanks Kidd, truly means a lot, a LOT.

Quote:
I've said many times that the way to women is via self improvement (i.e. if you build it, they will come)...the main thing you should walk away with is a renewed heightened sense of self esteem...once you feel better about yourself, everything else just kind of falls in to place.
Couldn't say it any better. And the vibe I get from that statement is sooo utterly lacking in "getting better to get chics". Just get better for betters sake.
Quote:
Some people have a lot more work to put in to get to this point (as Sniper and in an lesser sense, yourself...are discovering).
Yep, funny how much more quickly one learns when this is acknowledged and humbly accepted, tail between legs.
Quote:
When you first stepped foot in here, you were VERY egotistical...like you already knew everything and there was nothing you could possibly learn from any of us...only to discover that you were sorely mistaken. To your credit, you were eventually able to put your ego aside and allow yourself to grow some more...that is a HUGE step...one that most men would NEVER take.
Thanks, and to that first part. Just read over some of my first posts here. Again it blows my mind how much you accurately Observe
Quote:
Bottom line is this: the skill set that 'Grinus and I purport to everyone here with the main focus to attract and keep the attention of women can be used in almost any other facet of day-to-day life.
So true. And it's cyclical, you attract women, life improves. Life improves, you attract more women. You attract more women, you care less. Life improves. Until eventually, you might want to stop improving so much :lol:
Quote:
As 'Grinus stated earlier...he was dealing with people at work very emotionally detached and logically...and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of THAT meeting.
Goddamn, me too. Me too
Quote:
However, in order to motivate people to learn new skills, you have to package it with something that is universally appealing. For men, attracting women consistently is VERY appealing. The ones that do get it soon realize (it's not a huge leap) that the mindset they worked so hard to acquire translates very well to almost all other human interactions and behaviors with little addendum...and THAT is the SECRET SAUCE!
Enough said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My question to you is :
Quote:
Bottom line is this: the skill set that 'Grinus and I purport to everyone here with the main focus to attract and keep the attention of women can be used in almost any other facet of day-to-day life.
How did YOU guys get there? (I mean without the help of you and 'Grinus and everyone else here I could have gone my whole life not learning what I did here in what, a month?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:43 am 

Quote:
My question to you is :

How did YOU guys get there? (I mean without the help of you and 'Grinus and everyone else here I could have gone my whole life not learning what I did here in what, a month?
Well, I can't speak for 'Grinus...but, for me, it initially started with wanting to be better dealing with women. As I got better with observing, my brain just naturally began to apply it to everything...and it really just kind of went from there. When questions would finally get answers...those answers would raise yet more questions. It never gets old... the observation, analyzation and practical application of human behavior in modern society is the most interesting thing in the world to me. It wasn't all peaches and cream...and (and I know 'Grinus has too) had to face and accept a lot of harsh truths on the way...that just comes with the territory. You either have a thing for it that pushes you to these heights...or you don't. 8-)

Last edited by The Kidd!! on Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
My question to you is :

Well, I can't speak for 'Grinus...but, for me, it initially started with wanting to be better dealing with women. As I got better with observing, my brain just naturally began to apply it to everything...and it really just kind of went from there. When questions would finally get answers...those answers would raise yet more questions. It never gets old... the observation, analyzation and practical application of human behavior in modern society is the most interesting thing in the world to me. It wasn't all peaches and cream...and (and I know 'Grinus has too) has to face and accept a lot of harsh truths on the way...that just comes with the territory. You either have a thing for it that pushes you to these heights...or you don't. 8-)
Very cool, my problem (and maybe this belongs in a new thread) is that I have learned so much in dealing with women, and know this all applies to people in general. But, for some reason applying this knowlege to everyone - including other males, strangers, lifelong friends, FAMILY is a very very scary thing. I can handle losing a hundred random good looking girls, but what if...applying this hard earned knowledge and being true to myself means possibly losing these people that have been in my life, my whole life?

It's freaky, but I have a feeling the only thing that could be said is, you gotta just take the leap man

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:54 am 

StephenP wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
My question to you is :

Well, I can't speak for 'Grinus...but, for me, it initially started with wanting to be better dealing with women. As I got better with observing, my brain just naturally began to apply it to everything...and it really just kind of went from there. When questions would finally get answers...those answers would raise yet more questions. It never gets old... the observation, analyzation and practical application of human behavior in modern society is the most interesting thing in the world to me. It wasn't all peaches and cream...and (and I know 'Grinus has too) has to face and accept a lot of harsh truths on the way...that just comes with the territory. You either have a thing for it that pushes you to these heights...or you don't. 8-)
Very cool, my problem (and maybe this belongs in a new thread) is that I have learned so much in dealing with women, and know this all applies to people in general. But, for some reason applying this knowlege to everyone - including other males, strangers, lifelong friends, FAMILY is a very very scary thing. I can handle losing a hundred random good looking girls, but what if...applying this hard earned knowledge and being true to myself means possibly losing these people that have been in my life, my whole life?

It's freaky, but I have a feeling the only thing that could be said is, you gotta just take the leap man
This is very true...but the truth will set you free...for better or worse. It might suck initially, but the load you carry becomes exponentially lighter with every unnecessary person you remove from your life, family or not. I really don't deal with any of my family...save my mom and sister when I have to and a 1st cousin in another state. My sis is needy and gullible as all hell and she can't see that the reason why family keeps in touch with her and not me is cause my mom is getting up there and them vultures are trying to set themselves up...my mom is pretty well off. She just thinks that they like her more than me... :roll:

So yes...your fears are founded...but do you really want to continue to live like this? Or do you want to dodge bullets and fuck agents up? The choice is yours...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 am 

This thread is pure gold! Like StephenP, I also saw that there's much more to observation than I thought. And rationally, it makes total sensce to me to observe even the smallest details. I mean even you see a pretty girl you can either focus on your ass/boobs and get needy thoughts and emotions or you can observe how she moves, what she wears, if she feels good as she is, how does she react to the sourrounding.. man, this really is a big one 8-)

A thing I experienced yesterday is that it requires some courage to observe from time to time. I was sitting in the train and the train arrived at the station. I stood up and saw a cute girl looking at me from the bench behind me. I turned around again to grab my bag and thought "now you look at her again to see what happens, no matter what emotions you feel right now (excitement was it)" and I looked at her again and, no surprise, she was looking at me with a little smile and looked away in rather shy way. So the second look of her I wouldn't have got if I didn't look at her because of my emotions.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

StephenP wrote:
I went from suuuper pissed off to kind of confused to starting to see the light to angry again to acceptance to anger at what my "being a good person" has gotten me, to depressed about how the world actually is to acceptance. And that last state is pretty peaceful, still a little bit of bittersweet that people can't be cooler, but still better to know than not. All of the above is ego, until the last part
I really smiled when I read this.

Nicely put StephenP, I enjoyed your whole post.
StephenP wrote:
I learned that the learning that goes on here is way beyond "getting chics dude"
You better believe it :)

When I write my stuff, it does not come from that place... It comes from EVERYTHING!
StephenP wrote:
To sum it up for the class, it's pretty much either ego - or - observing. Both can't happen at the same time.
Out of Finsterniss into the Light

Nice quote and nicely put. As has been said quite a few times.
StephenP wrote:
As the words say, this is not observing, this is looking at them - through a lens. That lens being the ego. And when the ego is involved, it is creepy, or at least not comfortable.

If I'm observing it's just facts. No judgement.
Another one for others to read.
StephenP wrote:
Very cool, my problem (and maybe this belongs in a new thread)
Make a new thread then, simples :)
The Kidd!! wrote:
To your credit, you were eventually able to put your ego aside and allow yourself to grow some more...that is a HUGE step...one that most men would NEVER take.
I FULLY AGREE WITH THIS.
The Kidd!! (slightly edited) wrote:
Bottom line is this: the skill set that 'Grinus and I purport to everyone here can be used in almost any other facet of day-to-day life.
I edited this because I make no bones about this being about each man, not the women.
As Kidd mentioned, once you get YOUR shit sorted, the women will come.

The women are a distraction from you getting YOUR shit sorted.
The Kidd!! wrote:
As I got better with observing, my brain just naturally began to apply it to everything...and it really just kind of went from there. When questions would finally get answers...those answers would raise yet more questions. It never gets old... the observation, analyzation and practical application of human behavior in modern society is the most interesting thing in the world to me.
Yup, it is so interesting and you never reach the bottom of the rabbit hole, it keeps going deeper.
I could easily devote several lifetimes to this subject.
The Kidd!! wrote:
It wasn't all peaches and cream...and (and I know 'Grinus has too) had to face and accept a lot of harsh truths on the way...that just comes with the territory.
OH YES!

Plenty of very bitter pills to swallow.
Plenty of harsh truths.

ALSO:
Plenty of epiphanies which lead off in other directions.
Plenty of FUN!
StephenP wrote:
I refer you to the following post (found using the search function): http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 3566#p3566

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:33 am 

Thanks for your poignant reply 'Grinus. I'm going to skip quoting as it couldn't be put more succinctly. Just me nodding my head in awe while reading should say enough.

Onwards and back to the topic at hand. Spent the past couple days just working on observing, and will note some observations;

1. I observed SO many more subtle signs of attraction from women. This thing goes deep fellows, as in The Abyss deep.
(and I could share some fairly interesting ones if interest but would take a while to type up)

2. To preface the above, it was hard at first to stay in observing without the ego getting involved, but as I do it more the spaces of pure observing vs ego go back and fourth, but the observing keeps getting longer, while ego judgements are nipped quicker

3. There is a distinct energy or feeling when I am observing properly. Don't know how to put it in words, but definitely feels like a lot of space is created. Search Peregrinus posts on space to find all you need to know.

4. Things just go smoothly when observing. Exactly like water in a river, rocks might be there but I just flow around it.

5. That feeling you get when you know a girl showed definite attraction of, "oh shit, now I got to play it cool and not fuck this up" dies completely. There is no attraction you can fuck up, it's just a fact that you take note of, then continuing observing for more evidence to stack. Or take effortless action.

6. I can't believe how man goddamn obvious yet subtle signs of attraction I was missing. Simplify - the old PUA notion that if she's still talking to you and not trying to cut it short, she's liking it. If she's laughing a little too loud at your lame jokes - 100% on bro. These signs seem blatantly out there now compared to subtle signs you begin to notice when truly observing that also mean it's 100% on.

7. Nobody is going to give you the "what the fuck you looking at, you got a problem man" if you are in observing. Only a small chance of this if you are in ego and judging with the wrong person (i reckon?)

8. When you're in proper observing mode, majority of the time there is no laser focus on specifics, more taking it all in and specific things just jump out at you. You might focus in though if something jumps out at you.

9. If you start to focus on "damn that girl was fine, but she didn't check me out at all" you are NOT in observing mode. These things don't even register, because you are more aware of who IS checking you out.

9 seems like a good number to stop at, I could go on with observations from just a couple days of practice, and I could probably write a short story of very specific, "this girl looked at me five times in 3 minutes, this dude was qualifying himself to me, this girl was always in my proximity at the bar and on and on" but that would take a while.

I'll just say, I started with one of 'Grinus' questions: What color are their eyes?

I worked on noticing this on everyone I was in close contact with, I could tell you probably the color of 15+ of my co-workers eye colors now. This then starts to become habit and you start taking in more and more observations. I'm sure it becomes second nature taking in possibly hundreds of specifics as second nature after a decent amount of practice.

That's my experience. What's yours?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:25 am 
Site Admin

StephenP wrote:
Thanks for your poignant reply 'Grinus. I'm going to skip quoting as it couldn't be put more succinctly. Just me nodding my head in awe while reading should say enough.

Onwards and back to the topic at hand. Spent the past couple days just working on observing, and will note some observations;

1. I observed SO many more subtle signs of attraction from women. This thing goes deep fellows, as in The Abyss deep.
(and I could share some fairly interesting ones if interest but would take a while to type up)

2. To preface the above, it was hard at first to stay in observing without the ego getting involved, but as I do it more the spaces of pure observing vs ego go back and fourth, but the observing keeps getting longer, while ego judgements are nipped quicker

3. There is a distinct energy or feeling when I am observing properly. Don't know how to put it in words, but definitely feels like a lot of space is created. Search Peregrinus posts on space to find all you need to know.

4. Things just go smoothly when observing. Exactly like water in a river, rocks might be there but I just flow around it.

5. That feeling you get when you know a girl showed definite attraction of, "oh shit, now I got to play it cool and not fuck this up" dies completely. There is no attraction you can fuck up, it's just a fact that you take note of, then continuing observing for more evidence to stack. Or take effortless action.

6. I can't believe how man goddamn obvious yet subtle signs of attraction I was missing. Simplify - the old PUA notion that if she's still talking to you and not trying to cut it short, she's liking it. If she's laughing a little too loud at your lame jokes - 100% on bro. These signs seem blatantly out there now compared to subtle signs you begin to notice when truly observing that also mean it's 100% on.

7. Nobody is going to give you the "what the fuck you looking at, you got a problem man" if you are in observing. Only a small chance of this if you are in ego and judging with the wrong person (i reckon?)

8. When you're in proper observing mode, majority of the time there is no laser focus on specifics, more taking it all in and specific things just jump out at you. You might focus in though if something jumps out at you.

9. If you start to focus on "damn that girl was fine, but she didn't check me out at all" you are NOT in observing mode. These things don't even register, because you are more aware of who IS checking you out.

9 seems like a good number to stop at, I could go on with observations from just a couple days of practice, and I could probably write a short story of very specific, "this girl looked at me five times in 3 minutes, this dude was qualifying himself to me, this girl was always in my proximity at the bar and on and on" but that would take a while.

I'll just say, I started with one of 'Grinus' questions: What color are their eyes?

I worked on noticing this on everyone I was in close contact with, I could tell you probably the color of 15+ of my co-workers eye colors now. This then starts to become habit and you start taking in more and more observations. I'm sure it becomes second nature taking in possibly hundreds of specifics as second nature after a decent amount of practice.

That's my experience. What's yours?
I will do this, seems very very interesting. Now that I recall, I've caught myself (observingIN) so many times while talking to people... I've noticed we are chatting some random theme, and then I wonder if what they are talking it's about myself or linking to me somehow. It's an auto mind fuck, egotistical form my part, it sends creeps to my body. :o

I will propose something, since some of us are in the same boat and willing to take the sour pill in order to being in the same mindset of this guys reached. And for the same reason we like the observation skills and want the same level of conscience/wisdom as this guys have and still develops (peregrinus & TheKidd!!). It would be awesome if you, more mature guys agree for the proposal that comes next.

So in a matter of more linear order (at least what my short intellect permits to this moment, &open to debate), like some relationship teacher-student actually it is present here, but the subjects we post are repeated or all over the place, like or something that is the same thing but we use other words to describe it and we label or confuse for other (talking of myself shure :lol:).

We can extract DRILLS to form a critera for a practical solution/skill, backuped with the theory of this gentlemans. So you guys could evaluate us and give us the necesary advice in a more formal way to our advances, I don't say its not formal the advice you guys gave just that the responses repeat themselves, and I see like it some light at the endo of the tunnel like do a FAQs and solutions of natural freedom :D

Like one that comes to my mind it's one relating to this topic extended of Stephen P, like do a drill for 'observingIN' (what I internally thinks/ego) and other to 'observingOUT' (what I see withouth judgement outside); how's that?

Yeah maybe I could resume this answering myself to -->use the search forum, :lol: you damn' lazy bastard.

But in a little bit more serious note; It'll be awesome if this modality (obviously if you guys agree) enter to act, because in a matter of some posts I guess you guys can observe and KNOW what skills minsets we are lacking, and what we have to be to overcome those blocks. What I thought form the last pharagraph of StephenP, like; first give the spool of theory/why you are doing this first, and then with the extrapolated wisdom of 'Grinus, and the exremely pointy analysis form TheKidd!! to advance in our adventure.

Opinions, and desicions open, and rejections too ;)

Great Epiphanys StephenP!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 am 

Wut/IN???^

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 am 

StephenP wrote:
To preface the above, it was hard at first to stay in observing without the ego getting involved, but as I do it more the spaces of pure observing vs ego go back and fourth, but the observing keeps getting longer, while ego judgements are nipped quicker

If you start to focus on "damn that girl was fine, but she didn't check me out at all" you are NOT in observing mode. These things don't even register, because you are more aware of who IS checking you out.
wow this is gold man, just what I was looking for to click. Now I'll have to make a post in the treasure chest with all the main ideas :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:49 am 

@ StephenP: Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. I'll do the same... One question I have for you: Did you sit somewhere or were you walking around?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:57 am 
Site Admin

StephenP wrote:

Another post I enjoyed, in its entirety.

The points above reminded me of a post I made, I am posting it here for others: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 5617#p5617

Also follow StephenP's advice and search the forum for 'space' (http://www.naturalfreedom.info/search.p ... mit=Search)

To Dali:
Dali wrote:
'observingIN' (what I internally thinks/ego) and other to 'observingOUT' (what I see withouth judgement outside);
Good way of describing it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:31 pm 

Kidd:
Quote:
Bottom line is this: the skill set that 'Grinus and I purport to everyone here with the main focus to attract and keep the attention of women can be used in almost any other facet of day-to-day life. As 'Grinus stated earlier...he was dealing with people at work very emotionally detached and logically...and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of THAT meeting.
This is absolutely true, and I have a life experience that illustrates it.

I was raised by a dad whoworked for the same company for over 25 years, climbing up the ladder (and also funnily enough was not around much and a simp). It might have been the norm in the 70's but not so much anymore, however it was instilled in me to work hard and dedicate and commit yourself to a company the same way you would a marriage and good things will happen. I now disagree.

With women, the counter-intuitive truth is that the more options you have and the more willing you are to walk away, the more more women want you and pursue you.

The same holds true with work.

I have a couple co-worker friends, who are quite alpha, and do pretty good with the ladies - they could do better if they were taught to see the matrix. But with work they confided in me some stories that make them the "ladies men" of the corporate world.

One friend did not get a promotion that a bunch of people were applying for including myself, and that I did get. Soon after not getting the promotion, he didn't broadcast it, but he didn't hide the following either: He came in with a full suit and tie, and a leather resume satchel, holder. You know the ones. And left for "lunch" obviously going to an interview with another company. Shortly after this, our boss "caught" him on a job listing website. My natural reaction was "oh no, this is terrible, they are going to think he doesn't care about the company and either he's stuck in his current position or they will phase him out"

Quite the contrary. A few days after this, they basically created a new position for him, and he ended up getting the same promotion I did.

Second co-worker friend: He did get offered the same promotion I did, for which the pay raise was 10%

The format was, after you got offered the position there was an introduction interview where you would be explained the pay and sign your offer letter. I went to this and was happy to take the new position with more responsibility and more employees under you, plus a 10% raise.

My friend however, had also been looking at other opportunities outside the coompany, went into this intro interview with 2 offers from other companies at a salary that is almost 40% higher than what our company was offering. He told them, I can't accept due to these better offers.

What do you know, they offered him the same pay as the other companies in order to keep him. He is now making somewhere between 25-30% more than me for the same position.

It's a cut-throat world out there, Don't expect anyone whether it be women or work to give you anything out of the goodness of their heart. Everyone, i mean EVERYONE is only looking out for their own best interest. Apply what you learn here to everything in life.

I learned my lesson, and am now "exploring other work opportunities" :roll: