Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Reading People
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 pm 

Hey fellas what's going on I just had a question does anybody have suggestions on what good books to get on reading peoples faces and body language.

I want to get better at this

Post subject: Re: Reading People
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:17 pm 

I read a few books about body laungauge in the past however the best thing I learned was to develope your observation skills and trust your gut. It works much better than all the books :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:36 pm 

I figured so but I thought it would help to get an accelerated boost for this area at least to understand it better

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm 

Resonance wrote:
I figured so but I thought it would help to get an accelerated boost for this area at least to understand it better
What? My stuff isn't accelerated enough for you? :mrgreen:

There is no quick and easy way to build a strong, long lasting foundation. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:47 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Resonance wrote:
What? My stuff isn't accelerated enough for you? :mrgreen:

There is no quick and easy way to build a strong, long lasting foundation. :ugeek:

No your stuff is good I'm just a hands on visual learner and can do better with that but this is true I guess I better get out of my head a lot more if I truly want to be a great observer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:24 am 

Hey forget what I said about any good books about body language either my analyzation is on overdrive today or these motherfuckers here are that shallow or I must truly thank the kidd for taking time with me to break down everything on how to analyze people.

Anyway had a meeting tonight and I hate these motherfuckers I will give ya'll the breakdown another time and kidd feel free to chime in about this because I feel very confident about my analyzation skills.

Its late and I have to get up tomorrow early in the morning so will post this in a few days anyway be easy fellas.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:56 am 

Quote:
Hey forget what I said about any good books about body language either my analyzation is on overdrive today or these motherfuckers here are that shallow or I must truly thank the Kidd for taking time with me to break down everything on how to analyze people.
I'm thinking the 3rd option ;)

...and you're welcome. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 am 

This is something I spent years on.The best thing you can do is read everything, study NLP. Read Robert Greene's books. Lao Tzu. Death Note, The Count of Monty Cristo. Information is usually out in the open you just need to learn what to look for.
Devouring psychology is really good, just make sure you can connect it to practicality some psychologists spend all there time developing theories but lose touch with how they connect to reality. When your talking to people, note your intial reaction, you know more than you think. What are they wearing? The colours they choose to wear reveal things about their personality. Voice tone. Are they sure when they talk. What kind of words do they use? What are their interests? Given their temperment what is their next move likely to be? What kind of friends do they have? What is their social status in that group? What are their attitudes toward women? How do they hold their drink? Which way are their feet pointing? Direction indicates interest. As well as which way their shoulder's point. What kind of eye contact do they hold? All this and more runs through my head in less than a minute in a conversation.

The more information you have in your brain the more you can contextualize the situation. And peg it. As time goes on you get really good and can make reads of things that I'm not really sure how can be done. For example I read which movie one girl subconsciously acts out in her relationships.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 am 

Morpheus wrote:
This is something I spent years on.The best thing you can do is read everything, study NLP. Read Robert Greene's books. Lao Tzu. Death Note, The Count of Monty Cristo. Information is usually out in the open you just need to learn what to look for.
Devouring psychology is really good, just make sure you can connect it to practicality some psychologists spend all there time developing theories but lose touch with how they connect to reality. When your talking to people, note your intial reaction, you know more than you think. What are they wearing? The colours they choose to wear reveal things about their personality. Voice tone. Are they sure when they talk. What kind of words do they use? What are their interests? Given their temperment what is their next move likely to be? What kind of friends do they have? What is their social status in that group? What are their attitudes toward women? How do they hold their drink? Which way are their feet pointing? Direction indicates interest. As well as which way their shoulder's point. What kind of eye contact do they hold? All this and more runs through my head in less than a minute in a conversation.

The more information you have in your brain the more you can contextualize the situation. And peg it. As time goes on you get really good and can make reads of things that I'm not really sure how can be done. For example I read which movie one girl subconsciously acts out in her relationships.

Got damn is this how much shit is running through your mind when your reading people :shock:

So you gauge the person based on things like there clothes and the colors they wear, voice tone, how they carry themselves, what kind of eye contact they are holding ? :roll:

Man that is a lot of thinking going on. :( what books would you reccommend I start with that you read that I can apply myself to people

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 pm 

You don't even WANNA know what goes on in MY head...might give you a headache. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:
When your talking to people, note your intial reaction, you know more than you think. What are they wearing? The colours they choose to wear reveal things about their personality. Voice tone. Are they sure when they talk. What kind of words do they use? What are their interests? Given their temperment what is their next move likely to be? What kind of friends do they have? What is their social status in that group? What are their attitudes toward women? How do they hold their drink? Which way are their feet pointing? Direction indicates interest. As well as which way their shoulder's point. What kind of eye contact do they hold?
Well put Morpheus :)
Resonance wrote:
So you gauge the person based on things like there clothes and the colors they wear, voice tone, how they carry themselves, what kind of eye contact they are holding ? :roll:
That and MUCH MUCH MORE!

Observation is a key skill. It exists on many many levels, to such depth you can hardly imagine.

As I keep saying - The rabbit hole goes very deep.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:47 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
You don't even WANNA know what goes on in MY head...might give you a headache. ;)

I have an idea of what goes on in your head and I agree thoroughly I will get migraines with your thought processes.
:|
Quote:
That and MUCH MUCH MORE!

Observation is a key skill. It exists on many many levels, to such depth you can hardly imagine.

As I keep saying - The rabbit hole goes very deep.

No kidding

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm 

Yeah that's a fraction of what runs through my head. There is some ebooks on how to detect lies. They are very good. Neuro-Linguistic Programming will teach you lots as well.
Anthony Robbins works is very good I believe. And Believe it or not the community pua's took a lot of their stuff from reputable books in different fields.
I don't remember the book titles very much, but if you look around on google they are pretty easy to find. I can give you things to google. In the previous message I gave you some. And other things to look into are your subconscious, fractionation, frames. NLP patterns. Persuasion Psychology will teach you people think in general and then you can use that to read them. Richard Bandler is the man that co-created NLP read his books that should keep you busy for a long time lol. You want to basically turn your brain into a supercomputer, that way when bitch be acting up you can be like Gerald Butler in the Bounty Hunter. His wife is locked in the trunk of his car and he's driving her the police station. She starts sobbing and he's like remember when we were in love?(nicely to her) And she's like yeah. And he says that means I know when your lying haha 8-)

Keep in mind there is many ways to go about it. Kidd and I differ greatly in how we learn. He learned on his own, through reflection, trial and error.

I read hundreds of psychology books, videos, forums, ask people smarter than me. And then reflect, trial and error.

try these
http://changingminds.org/books/books/body_books.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:53 pm 

Yeah an old thread I know but a goody. What I've learnt is that you need understand you know much more than you even think you do. You may not be able to verbalise it eloquently, but you know That your instinct is telling you something about someone.

I've always had the inclination to see the minutest of things about the person I'm speaking too. Sort of like time slows down and I can see their teeth growing. I love nothing more than to sit, relax, and simply observe the person I'm listening to. Seeing them in their entirety. It's unnerving for them. Consequently, they become ever more attracted to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:03 pm 

Thank god I can read people somehow instinctively and naturally, I would want to read tons of books and analyze every little thing logically and whatnot :lol:
My expertise includes people's temperaments, how they approach relationships, often even their interests, very often number of ex-partners, and very often how long will couples last (Sometimes a girl comes to ask me what I think about her boyfriend, etc) and all sorts of personality stuff.

Sometimes I just look and see. Hard to explain. But It must be in person and eye contact is needed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 am 
Resonance wrote:
Hey fellas what's going on I just had a question does anybody have suggestions on what good books to get on reading peoples faces and body language.

I want to get better at this
"Undercover sex signals" by Leil Lowndes is one of best. The photos in this book are very helpful in telling when a female is choosing. "What Every BODY is Saying" by Joe Navarro is possibly the best all around all round book on Body language. Anything by Paul Ekman is excellent however it only focuses on the emotion in the face and microexpressions. One good book on reading women is the "The Flirting Bible" by Fran Greene. It has lots of good detail pictures. I hope this drop helps.

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =40#p23603