Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Legends of the fall
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocAeBZdSDWg

For those of you that haven't seen Legends of the fall I reccomend doing so....for those that have I think you'll agree that Alfred is your typical needy symp, and Tristan is a great example of a man who doesn't really give a shit if he has a woman or not because he loves all the things in his life without them and they come last on his list of importance, which makes them addicted to him; case in point Isabelle...everyone wanted her yet Tristan couldn't really give a fuck about her, which made her crave him. I think the Tristan character is a great example of a pimp tight male.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

Post subject: Re: Legends of the fall
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:26 pm 

ManniJa wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocAeBZdSDWg

For those of you that haven't seen Legends of the fall I reccomend doing so....for those that have I think you'll agree that Alfred is your typical needy symp, and Tristan is a great example of a man who doesn't really give a shit if he has a woman or not because he loves all the things in his life without them and they come last on his list of importance, which makes them addicted to him; case in point Isabelle...everyone wanted her yet Tristan couldn't really give a fuck about her, which made her crave him. I think the Tristan character is a great example of a pimp tight male.
I have seen this movie. Great movie indeed...
I wouldn't say that Alfred is a typical needy symp though, he did work on himself in all areas of life: he was a lawyer (if I remember correctly), he was spiritual in his own way (Christian), he was very educated and intellectual in general.

He was just not alpha like Tristan because he didn't have the carefree and indifferent vibe that Tristan had.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm 

I agree that Alfred came around at the end after isabelle's death...but at the beginning and during the movie, he was very needy and sympish.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 am 

Alfred was extremely successful in his professional life and in elite social standing. However, like Sniper says he was always chasing that woman in the movie, and he was always wanting the approval that Tristan has.

But like a royal bad ass he comes around with a shotgun no less, to win his family's approval.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 am 

diego wrote:
Alfred was extremely successful in his professional life and in elite social standing. However, like Sniper says he was always chasing that woman in the movie, and he was always wanting the approval that Tristan has.

But like a royal bad ass he comes around with a shotgun no less, to win his family's approval.
Notice that when he stopped caring about it is when he got it. After the shootout his demenor was totally different then earlier in the movie, he didn't give a fuck about getting approval anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:23 am 

by the way does symp mean again (sympathetic chump/loser?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:17 am 

I want to bump this and I highly recommend this movie, it's very interesting to watch it with the knowledge and information that I gained through the years.

Btw that woman Susannah was the great example of the worst females out there.