Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mental toughness
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 am 

I'm opened to suggestions from all......

But kid this question is directly for you lately I felt like I regressed I haven''t found much inspiration for staying alive or even continuing to work right other than I have a responsibility to a roommate to pay rent.

Kidd when you were in difficult situations what was the drive that kept you going forward right now it seems I've hit a wall and I lost it some time ago......

Also it seems when things don't go my way the first time I give up easily its been like this for quite sometime now, and right now I 'm in a position in where I feel stuck and I don't know how to push past this.

To be honest it feels like I lost my soul I feel like a shell of a man right now.............

I noticed most of these things I do are subconscious how can I turn this around and be stronger about it I want to stop working so hard but work more smart any suggestions would be helpful at this point right now.

Peregrinus your insights are valuable as well if you have anything practical to suggest please share thank you both in advance.

If you need any clarification please P.M. me I will answer there

Post subject: Re: Mental toughness
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 am 

It's persevering through times like these that illustrate the true measure of a man. 8-)

Whenever I'd hit the lowest of lows, I'd just tell myself that time will pass. The first time I did this I was like 17...I had done something that I knew I was in some seriously deep shit over. I was seriously contemplating running away. But then I told myself, 'Time will pass...one day I'll be 30 and look back on this day and realize how trivial it really was in relation to the rest of my life.'

I'm 37 now...and to be honest I can't even remember what I did that got me into so much trouble.

Even if I hit a rough patch now, I just keep on putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward, even when I don't want to...because I know that time will pass and that there is nowhere to go buy up!

Hope that helps. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Post subject: Re: Mental toughness
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am 

Kidd nailed it, that's exactly what it's all about.

When I had to move out of my parent's house, one day the situation of dependency got so bad that it drove me to get out there and GET a job, I was so driven that day that I told myself I wouldn't go back to the house until I got a job, so I went to this random area I've never been to before outside of where I live and the next day I got called for a trial shift, then I got the job, moved out on my own and made some good friends through it.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."