Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm 

Well I guess I will start with my problems next, ever since kidd told me I need to work on my observation skills more I decided to do just that I decided to start with myself it seems when I get around people I become awkward and just try to basically be nice.

It wasn't even intentional its more like a strong pattern, habit, or conditioning that just automatically takes over unexpectedly but its so subtle that I think its the whole subconscious that's really doing it.

I also noticed that even when I am around people I'm comfortable around I get tense and start talking even lower than usual so people have a hard time understanding me, but its more like in social situations when we're around other people I don't know my friends ted not to care and act like people aren't there but myself I tend to get easily embarrassed when they get loud.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to change these patterns because I realized that this is fucking me up with my confidence, I also seem to freeze up when situations come up where I make sure the situation gets handled so I tend to panic instead of staying calm and try to be more flexible and think on my feet when certain situations need to get handled.

I guess what it all comes down to is that I don't want to fuck up and keep my job because my job is cutthroat they don't care about what kind of person you are they care about what can you do for me kind of thing.

I guess I need to start finding a way to slowly let these emotions come up fully accept them but when I do that I get scared and automatically push them back down.

Maybe I need to start with my internal before worrying about the external, from this point forward I have decided that the things that matter to me the most is inner peace and peace of mind.

What can I do to get to this place even with my current problems and situations going on

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am 

All jobs are cuthroat man, shy personalities become easy targets for power hungry managers (you know the kind that have fooled themselves into thinking they're doing something important) so don't take it personally.

If people can't hear you raise your voice, it may feel embarrassing and like you're almost shouting but you will be heard, works for me.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:14 am 

Well, altough its not my section, I try to give an answer due to my recent progress regarding this very subject.

First of all, what do you fear about the situations you described? Think about if for a second now and then read on.

-
-
-
-

I discovered the last week that I feared almost every social situation, everything that I don't want to happen to me because of the negative emotions (tension in the chest/stomach) that come up in those situations. so its not the situation that makes you feel bad but the emotional charge you put on it. And the emotions you get then aren't bad themselves but they're only as bad as you give them the meaning of "bad". They're just emotions. Take a minute, let such an emotion come up and OBSERVE it from a rational point of view.

You'll see that its there and feels somehow but its not more than that. Don't consider your emotions as an enemy or as something you want to get rid off as fast as possible. I did this mistake for the last year! So I recommend to practice observing your emotions (I'm in that process too at the moment). If you just observe your emotions, you accept them.

Another thing you should do is exploring the beliefs that lie beneath those emotions. But don't beat yourself up if you think you can't find the answers right now. Digging into your belief-system alone has a releasing effect since you gain awareness about stuff thats absolutely irrational. This brings us to another thing that helped me a lot in the last week: Look at things from a rational way, especially your emotions! If you see that there's absolutely no rational reason why you be unhappy in certain situations, you won't identify with the emotions anymore (or it will decrease at least).

Questions to dig: http://www.behappylifecoach.com/change- ... on-method/

And one last very important thing. Before the last week I thought that there are only two possible ways of being: 1. Having no negative emotions and being happy, and 2. Having negative emotions and being unhappy. I didn't get that there is another, the REAL possibility: 3. Being ok with having or not having those emotions. In other words: Indifference, Indepedence, Acceptance.
I basically wanted to get indifferent but was in a paradigm where indifference didn't even exist! I see you want to get rid of your "negative" emotions as I did and you think you'll be happy then. Its not about having no emotions, its about knowing how to deal with your emotions so that they don't have power over you. You can't switch off your emotions. And yeah, if you start to observe and accept your emotions, most of them and the beliefs beneath them will disappear. As Kidd says: If you can't change something, accept it. You can't change your emotions/beliefs from one second to the other, so accept them for what they are, just emotions. And something you accept doesn't bother you anymore!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Way of a Natural wrote:
I guess what it all comes down to is that I don't want to fuck up and keep my job because my job is cutthroat they don't care about what kind of person you are they care about what can you do for me kind of thing.
You are more invested than they are in you having the job. (IN YOUR MIND)
Hence they have the power.
Way of a Natural wrote:
I guess I need to start finding a way to slowly let these emotions come up fully accept them but when I do that I get scared and automatically push them back down.
THIS!

Let then flow over you, as has been said many times.
Getting scared and pushing them down is hurting you more than letting them happen will
Dr. Awesome wrote:
I basically wanted to get indifferent but was in a paradigm where indifference didn't even exist! I see you want to get rid of your "negative" emotions as I did and you think you'll be happy then. Its not about having no emotions, its about knowing how to deal with your emotions so that they don't have power over you. You can't switch off your emotions. And yeah, if you start to observe and accept your emotions, most of them and the beliefs beneath them will disappear. As Kidd says: If you can't change something, accept it. You can't change your emotions/beliefs from one second to the other, so accept them for what they are, just emotions. And something you accept doesn't bother you anymore!
This is a good start.

-

There are plenty of posts on this on the forum, I suggest some searching and reading.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:05 am 

Dr. Awesome wrote:
Well, altough its not my section, I try to give an answer due to my recent progress regarding this very subject.

First of all, what do you fear about the situations you described? Think about if for a second now and then read on.

-
-
-
-

I discovered the last week that I feared almost every social situation, everything that I don't want to happen to me because of the negative emotions (tension in the chest/stomach) that come up in those situations. so its not the situation that makes you feel bad but the emotional charge you put on it. And the emotions you get then aren't bad themselves but they're only as bad as you give them the meaning of "bad". They're just emotions. Take a minute, let such an emotion come up and OBSERVE it from a rational point of view.

You'll see that its there and feels somehow but its not more than that. Don't consider your emotions as an enemy or as something you want to get rid off as fast as possible. I did this mistake for the last year! So I recommend to practice observing your emotions (I'm in that process too at the moment). If you just observe your emotions, you accept them.

Another thing you should do is exploring the beliefs that lie beneath those emotions. But don't beat yourself up if you think you can't find the answers right now. Digging into your belief-system alone has a releasing effect since you gain awareness about stuff thats absolutely irrational. This brings us to another thing that helped me a lot in the last week: Look at things from a rational way, especially your emotions! If you see that there's absolutely no rational reason why you be unhappy in certain situations, you won't identify with the emotions anymore (or it will decrease at least).

Questions to dig: http://www.behappylifecoach.com/change- ... on-method/

And one last very important thing. Before the last week I thought that there are only two possible ways of being: 1. Having no negative emotions and being happy, and 2. Having negative emotions and being unhappy. I didn't get that there is another, the REAL possibility: 3. Being ok with having or not having those emotions. In other words: Indifference, Indepedence, Acceptance.

That sounds good for when practicing alone, but what about during the action of it all how do you deal with it then ?

Quote:
Peregrinus Wrote:
You are more invested than they are in you having the job. (IN YOUR MIND)
Hence they have the power.

Hell yeah I'm invested Been with this shit 4 years on accident at that, now I want to roll out so I can independently have wealth where I don't have to worry about this shit no more feel me.

Peregrinus what do you do for a living ?? I don't think you ever told us what your career is

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 am 

Way of a Natural wrote:

Peregrinus what do you do for a living ?? I don't think you ever told us what your career is
he is Kwai Chang Caine

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 am 

rant wrote:
Way of a Natural wrote:

he is Kwai Chang Caine

What is that ???

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

rant wrote:
he is Kwai Chang Caine
pah!

what is the point in an avatar if you go around blurting out my real identity :)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:04 am 

peregrinus wrote:
rant wrote:
he is Kwai Chang Caine
pah!

what is the point in an avatar if you go around blurting out my real identity :)

Grinus you played a shaolin monk on tv ??

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:52 am 

:lol:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:

So I'm going to take that as a no

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:54 am 

Way of a Natural wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

wait.....you were serious about that?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:18 am 
Site Admin

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:49 am 

rant wrote:
Way of a Natural wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

wait.....you were serious about that?
I looked that shit up kwai chang caine :? and that is what shows up unless you were fucking with me the whole time :oops:

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwai_Chang_Caine

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:49 pm 

Way of a Natural wrote:

I looked that shit up kwai chang caine :? and that is what shows up unless you were fucking with me the whole time :oops:

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwai_Chang_Caine
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:54 pm 

:oops: thanks alchemist :? :? :|

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:24 pm 

Way of a Natural wrote:
You underestimate your own greatness, as uncomfortable an idea as it seems that every negative thing you've thought about yourself has been bullshit, accept it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:30 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Way of a Natural wrote:
You underestimate your own greatness, as uncomfortable an idea as it seems that every negative thing you've thought about yourself has been bullshit, accept it.

I will do my best
;)