Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:07 pm 

I've tried all of Tolles techniques (yes I said technique) listening to silence, listening to silence in the mind, feeling my inner energy, noticing space I've also asked the questions including who am I and all that they don't last long enough.
Teachers only give one word answers, its like they want to piss the ego off, and all I get from my ego is "Its ego to want to get in the now" Fuck you! Yourself! Your thought patterns and anything that is in anyway YOU ego! Fuck you!

Anyway... Yes I am in a good mood. How do I get in to the now?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm 

you can't force yourself into the now. You have to be 'gentle' with yourself....

there are many 'techniques' but when you try to force it- it does not work.

When you catch yourself not in the now- gently go back to the now...

read my post here, maybe it can help:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=181

but being gentle is the key....

p.s
don't try to 'kill' your ego. Ego is not a bad thing once used correctly- it is the driving force to make you act and achieve your goals.

Also, maybe you need a teacher. I have met many great teachers who have helped me
I didn't get everything just from reading books. And of course I'm still learning......

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Aztecsfinest wrote:
How do I get in to the now?
Let go.

Stop trying to be in the now, be in the now.

There is no try, there is only DO.

--

How would you feel if you fell off a cliff, then after a while realised there was no ground beneath you, just endlessly falling?

Would you keep worrying about when the ground was coming, or would you enjoy the freefall experience and do some tricks?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 am 
Quote:
How would you feel if you fell off a cliff, then after a while realised there was no ground beneath you, just endlessly falling?

Would you keep worrying about when the ground was coming, or would you enjoy the freefall experience and do some tricks?
NICE ! ! !

This sounds so Zen !

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 am 

How you start being in the now is you stop time traveling! Step out of the Delorian, my friend!

Jk, you know what works best for me and I believe it is a shamanism technique. Is actively trying to listen to the silence beneath all of the noise around. Truthfully it does sound like bullshit, but believe you me, it's possible.

Another way I do this is to slow everything down in my mind. I imagine everything as being a tape that is being slowed down. Everything around me is being slowed down to a crawl and I am able to notice every single detail. This is not easy to do if you try and force. Just simply stop and take a few breaths, notice everything around you and allow everything to slow down around you. It's one of the best techniques in my arsenal for any situation.

Yet another technique I use is to simply feel whatever I am feeling without attaching anything to it, without judging it, without needing to feel any differently than I do, but to simply be aware of my comfort, of my discomfort, whatever. Also, what is helpful to me is the fact that I enter that state simply to enter that state. It feels very good. In other words, I dont enter that state in order to get any kind of results with anything, because the results are meaningless. The only reason you want results is SO you can feel that way. That's the only reason we want anything, right? So whenever I have wanted to be in the now as a technique in the past it made me feel even worse than before, because in trying to force it I was building resistance to it. Feel the emotions and allow them to run their course without judgement. It will happen for you.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 am 
Site Admin

TheModernLibertine wrote:
Yet another technique I use is to simply feel whatever I am feeling without attaching anything to it, without judging it, without needing to feel any differently than I do, but to simply be aware of my comfort, of my discomfort, whatever. Also, what is helpful to me is the fact that I enter that state simply to enter that state. It feels very good. In other words, I dont enter that state in order to get any kind of results with anything, because the results are meaningless. The only reason you want results is SO you can feel that way. That's the only reason we want anything, right? So whenever I have wanted to be in the now as a technique in the past it made me feel even worse than before, because in trying to force it I was building resistance to it. Feel the emotions and allow them to run their course without judgement. It will happen for you.
Well put Libertine :)

Be part of what is happening, not actively, not passively, notice every detail, every sound, every feeling in your body ... and let it all go, watch it happen without letting it affect you. ( I tend to refer to this as observing, you are experiencing it all without actively watching for anything or waiting for anything to happen)

If you feel uncomfortable, feel uncomfortable, notice how it feels in your body
If you feel happy, feel happy, notice how it feels in your body

Do not resist, let it happen

--

One technique I have heard of helping others, though I had little success with it is: Sit down somewhere and look ahead at something ahead of you, preferably at a distance, now pick two points - one in the far right of your current field of view and one in the left, so that you can only just see them without moving your eyes. Now focus on both of those points, see what is happening there, without moving your eyes.
In doing this you will have to relax your focus, which ironically will open up your awareness.

If you have any success with this then add more points, near and far, up and down... gradually opening your awareness without actively 'looking'

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm 

The basic question I'd like to ask you Aztec, is: Why do you want to get into the now state so badly?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:06 pm 

Thank you all for your information, I've tried these methods and nothings worked though.
The reason I want to be in the now is I want the inner peace.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:04 am 

Then there is the realization that the only thing that is keeping you from the now is your resistance to it. I dont prefer the term "in the now". I think that term in and of itself brings up some resistance from the subconcious mind and only adds to the million and one thoughts that are already flowing through your mind. I've always preffered the term "getting out of your head". It doesn't have that same new age feeling of a sense of higher enlightenment that you may or not ever reach. Yet, however you put it, they both mean the same thing. One term just has way more attached to it than the other. So, in your case I would advise you to stop using the term "Getting in the now" because it is pretty meaningless. This flow state is a state that everyone goes in several times a day. Some people just go in to it more than others. Just try to enjoy the most of what you can out of every moment. My previous post was just my methods of doing it. I'm sure there are ways that would work better for and when you figure what those are then consistently do them, but try to stop using the term "Getting in the now". That will probably help a little.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Letting go is all you really need to do.

I know that probably sounds counter intuitive, but it is true.

The flow state is your natural state, it is your mind that gets in the way and stops you being in that state.

There is no 'getting in the now' as libertine has put quite eloquently.

There is merely stopping not being in the now.

You are preventing yourself being in the now, by using your mind too much, thinking too much, trying too much, wanting too much.

Let it go of it all and it will happen.

Think about a time when you are doing something and focused on it and not thinking, when you are in the flow, when it just happens. I am sure you have had times like that, it just happens, the more you try to make it happen the more you prevent it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:40 am 
Do you mean right now??? ;)

I think that being in the now it's also stop thinking about your bad memories of the past (most of them arise subconsciously), and stop worrying about the future. This way you became really free from past and future outcomes. Thus your mind can work at it's full potential.
Sometimes it's easier to say that than to do it.

But it's possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am 

Hey man saw your post!

One thing which I do and helps me everytime is just to look at the stars. Means when you are at home in the evening, its dark and the stars are shining, go outside in the garden or stand on your window, shut off the lights in your room and look at the stars. just imagine what you would do when you are free and can do whatever you want. you will see it feels great. after that just look at the stars, your'e in the now ;)

greetz midway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 am 

In the Sedona method it mentions allowing everything to be, like if you feel ego or attachment or anything allow it to be. You cannot lose the now its always there

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 pm 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
The reason I want to be in the now is I want the inner peace.
:lol:

Leave out the "I" and the "want..." --->Peace.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 am 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
its like they want to piss the ego off, and all I get from my ego is "Its ego to want to get in the now" Fuck you! Yourself! Your thought patterns and anything that is in anyway YOU ego! Fuck you!
My suggestion. Don't fight the ego, don't bash the ego, don't glorify the ego, don't feed the ego. Just let the ego be there, as it is there.
The ego fulfills a function in the survival of you (your body), that is it purpose and u very usefull one (if you don't want to die).
Aztecsfinest wrote:
I've tried these methods and nothings worked though.
My suggestion. Of course methods don't work.
It's like asking for and practising methodes to get into you house, while your are sitting in the living room of your house.
Then you read all stuff about how and where to find your home, and you go walk around to find it with your eyes. Then you can't see it and acn't seem to find it, and you get angry about that.
Yet you are already there, it's just that the ideas/thought patterns and especially expectations of what it is/feels like in your head, that make that you can't see it. If it happens when you are at a moment just observing/being; then you're there for that moment.

At least that is my experience.
To add. The above I don't experience non-stop. At times I'm there, and at times I'm busy in my mind with thinking because of work or whatever else I'm trying to figure out in my mind.
I feel like that is life: sometimes at full peace and just being observing; and sometimes being emotional/worrying/busy/etc. with thinking because of work/trying to understand something or people or this world/trying to plan stuff/etc..
Luckely for me, I'm at this moment in my life capable to "enter" to a state of peace and just being (observing) at will/intent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:14 pm 

scarface wrote:
Aztecsfinest wrote:
its like they want to piss the ego off, and all I get from my ego is "Its ego to want to get in the now" Fuck you! Yourself! Your thought patterns and anything that is in anyway YOU ego! Fuck you!
My suggestion. Don't fight the ego, don't bash the ego, don't glorify the ego, don't feed the ego. Just let the ego be there, as it is there.
The ego fulfills a function in the survival of you (your body), that is it purpose and u very usefull one (if you don't want to die).
Like if the Spirit doesn´t know how to keep the Body
healthy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm 

So when is the best time now to be in the now?

Something to think about tonight
Just before you
Sleep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:25 pm 

lightsleeper wrote:
So when is the best time now to be in the now?

Something to think about tonight
Just before you
Sleep
you are talking about NOW, rigth? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:56 pm 

"Be you and not your experience."
----Nisargadatta Maharj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 pm 

Think inside out Brother Rant.