Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 am 

We had some pretty awsome posts about observations lately so I'll try and sum up the main points here for easier access...
(I'm also going to provide some links to the main threards)

Ok so it started it out here:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =21&t=1032

The Kidd:
Quote:
I've been waiting for this...

You are NOT SUPPOSED to be looking at hot chicks, waiting for them to check you out...you are supposed to be looking to see WHO IS checking you out!

Consider this: Maybe what you have been programmed by the media to be attracted to...isn't naturally what is attracted TO YOU.

See, we have all been raised by TV to like a certain type...generally speaking that type is slim, average height to tall, blonde, long flowing locks and busty. This is what society has dictated that we idealize....or any variation of those themes. This is why Black women always straighten their hair...because thanks to years and years of programming, NO ONE considers a Black womans natural hair attractive.

Now...consider THIS: What actually likes you MIGHT NOT be what usually likes you. Not saying that only overweight women want you (I attract a lot of heavier women myself for some odd reason...and I'm not into that ), but, like I said...stop looking at what YOU like...and start looking for what likes YOU. Make a list of like characteristics that most women that DO jock you share...do this long enough and you will see a pattern emerge...and chances are that your actual TYPE isn't what you THINK IT IS.
and this:
Quote:
All I'm saying is that some guys will see a woman they find attractive and get tunnel vision...mean they just get a laser focus on that one hot chick. So they'll position themselves in HER perimeter and wait for HER to jock THEM...doesn't really work that way. Meanwhile, while they are so busy waiting for said chick to show them a sign, they could be 2 or 3 other hot chicks in the vicinity who have taken up a hasty position in that GUY'S perimeter and are giving him all KINDS OF SIGNS...which of course he is totally oblivious to becaaaaaaaaaaause....

He is too busy waiting for this one particular hot chick to show him a sign.

When I walk down the street, I observe EVERYTHING. Some women smile as they pass with a friendly hello...some give no eye contact at all. Different folks have different tastes and different things going on in their lives...it is what it is.

Hope that clarifies things for you...
Then we had this thread:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1055

StephenP:
Quote:
To preface the above, it was hard at first to stay in observing without the ego getting involved, but as I do it more the spaces of pure observing vs ego go back and fourth, but the observing keeps getting longer, while ego judgements are nipped quicker

3. There is a distinct energy or feeling when I am observing properly. Don't know how to put it in words, but definitely feels like a lot of space is created. Search Peregrinus posts on space to find all you need to know.

4. Things just go smoothly when observing. Exactly like water in a river, rocks might be there but I just flow around it.

8. When you're in proper observing mode, majority of the time there is no laser focus on specifics, more taking it all in and specific things just jump out at you. You might focus in though if something jumps out at you.

If you start to focus on "damn that girl was fine, but she didn't check me out at all" you are NOT in observing mode. These things don't even register, because you are more aware of who IS checking you out.
and of course there were the great posts by Peregrinus about space Search for them on the search engine.

there was this thread also:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 18&start=0

The Kidd:
Quote:
This just came to me...

In fact, it is actually less like observing and more like learning and interpreting a new language...when you learn a new language, you spend most of your time interpreting what others are saying. Whilst interpreting, you are not putting any slants or spins on ANYTHING...all you are doing is trying to figure out what they are saying as ACCURATELY AD POSSIBLE so that your response and behaviors are APPROPRIATE TO THE SITUATION.

Maybe this helps...
also on this thread:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 5&start=20

StephenP wrote:
Quote:
Keywords - looking at them. As the words say, this is not observing, this is looking at them - through a lens. That lens being the ego. And when the ego is involved, it is creepy, or at least not comfortable.
So now I have realized that while you observe you have to put the ego out of the way. It's like the analogy of the new language, when you learn a new language there is no room for
judgments, no one cares if you think the way that the language is : is good or bad- you just need to learn it the way it is...

also when you observe with a 'panoramic view' (instead of tunnel vision) and put the ego and judgments out of the way- it's very Zen like.

So now that you have all the information go and
observe correctly.

If there is something still not clear enough, try to look for it on the search engine because I can't be 100% sure that I got everything here. And of course read Peregrinus's posts about space (use the search engine to find them).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:50 pm 

Where is the search engine ?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 pm 

Look at the right corner of this window and theres the search function between FAQ and Members.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:12 pm 

Libertas wrote:
Wow, this whole topic is really good and moving into an interesting direction. I have been observing quite a while now and I notice that I am checked out by a number of girls each day, while others do not even seem to notice that I am here. So it is vital that you get a feeling for who likes you...
not a feeling, just check em