Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Exploring your beliefs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am 

I just read a few posts by the Kidd about exploring the roots of your beliefs and I loved them. I will do that more from now on since I rediscovered "letting go" for myself.

Okey, Jake's latest blog post was about exploring your own beliefs, where they come from etc. He posted a a few questions that one could ask himself to get answers regarding the roots of his beliefs. The great thing is that they are stated in a way taht you see that you're responsible for your reality and that its a choice. A choice to let go, a choice to create... Here they are:

When did you decide that you were not successful with women?
When did you decide that women were hard to get?
When did you decide that women were not easy?
When did you decide that women weren’t naturally attracted to you?
When did you decide that women were naturally attracted to you?
When did all your women problems go away completely?
When did you become successful with women?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 pm 

Now THIS I can get behind...a full medical evaluation versus bandaid after bandaid after bandaid. 8-)

Vegano, would you mind posting a link to the posts of mine you referenced?

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm 

Good idea!

In this post you can read Kidds (and Peregrinus) thoughts and instructions about exploring and letting go of beliefs:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=272

Highly recommended!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm 

awsome 8-)
I'll move this to the treasure chest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 pm 

Lately I've been working on installing them and they really do literally make your reality, I put in an "I am loved" belief and suddenly people are a lot friendlier to me and those that aren't have shown themselves and I don't talk to them anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 am 

Great idea, but what if you don't have a clue to the answer? My beliefs are from so long ago that they are in a part of my life that is hazy. During school I was bullied a lot and thus don't really remember a lot. I remember certain situations. When I ask myself 'when did I decide that women aren't attracted to me?' I draw a blank. The only thing that comes up for me is as far back as I can remember.

Pretty much everything I do that relates to women is auto-pilot. To the point I don't even realise I'm doing it. I don't get a nervous feeling in my gut or think to myself 'I have to do x'. Usually it's after the interaction that I realise what I did. But I don't gain any more awareness prior to it happening. Which is why I focus on guided products like meditation or visualisation to help try and retrieve whatever the blocks are. Not to a great deal of success though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 am 

Quote:
Great idea, but what if you don't have a clue to the answer? My beliefs are from so long ago that they are in a part of my life that is hazy.
If your beliefs are from so long ago that you can't remember, how fucking valid can they be today?

If you go as far back as you can remember:

Did you have the strength of character and boundaries to choose what beliefs you would accept and what you wouldn't?
Did you know who you were enough so that the matrix/parents/bullies couldn't fill your head with bullshit?
If you could go back to that time as the you that you are now, would you accept deciding that women aren't attracted to you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 am 

Magnatolia wrote:
Great idea, but what if you don't have a clue to the answer? My beliefs are from so long ago that they are in a part of my life that is hazy. During school I was bullied a lot and thus don't really remember a lot. I remember certain situations. When I ask myself 'when did I decide that women aren't attracted to me?' I draw a blank. The only thing that comes up for me is as far back as I can remember.

Pretty much everything I do that relates to women is auto-pilot. To the point I don't even realise I'm doing it. I don't get a nervous feeling in my gut or think to myself 'I have to do x'. Usually it's after the interaction that I realise what I did. But I don't gain any more awareness prior to it happening. Which is why I focus on guided products like meditation or visualisation to help try and retrieve whatever the blocks are. Not to a great deal of success though.
Don't let it stop you from digging in. Take the first answer that comes up, even if it seems irrelevant, it's not -- it's more about the feeling that comes up. You FEEL some shit and then put it into words like "i'm a failure with xyz" but that feeling is the deal.

Ever meet someone who can explain to you in specific detail why they have all the problems they do? My dad left me and when I was 5 this happened, then at 8 someone said this thing to me and that's why I now have a weight problem. Does 'solving that puzzle' ever seem like it fixed them? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Magnatolia wrote:

Don't let it stop you from digging in. Take the first answer that comes up, even if it seems irrelevant, it's not -- it's more about the feeling that comes up. You FEEL some shit and then put it into words like "i'm a failure with xyz" but that feeling is the deal.

Ever meet someone who can explain to you in specific detail why they have all the problems they do? My dad left me and when I was 5 this happened, then at 8 someone said this thing to me and that's why I now have a weight problem. Does 'solving that puzzle' ever seem like it fixed them? :roll:
So you're saying unleash the emotions and let them be there and working through them?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:45 am 

moose35 wrote:

So you're saying unleash the emotions and let them be there and working through them?
I don't see any other choice -- they are there anyway, you can suppress them resist them or this :)

You may get or have very insightful answers as to the cause and that's great I'm just saying don't get attached to that. The point is to let go of the useless stuff and not analyze it. Lots of guys in this world get the insight about what it was.. how their mother raised them, father/no father etc. from traditional therapy or thinking about it and that doesn't automatically make it go away, they just have the 'reason.'

For many consciously looking back to the source will bring up stuff so that would be valuable for them. Just saying in response to our friend above not to get hung up or think that this type of process won't work if you can't remember the specifics/earliest events.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
moose35 wrote:

I don't see any other choice -- they are there anyway, you can suppress them resist them or this :)

You may get or have very insightful answers as to the cause and that's great I'm just saying don't get attached to that. The point is to let go of the useless stuff and not analyze it. Lots of guys in this world get the insight about what it was.. how their mother raised them, father/no father etc. from traditional therapy or thinking about it and that doesn't automatically make it go away, they just have the 'reason.'

For many consciously looking back to the source will bring up stuff so that would be valuable for them. Just saying in response to our friend above not to get hung up or think that this type of process won't work if you can't remember the specifics/earliest events.
Yeah, I think I've started to get stuck up on the why and finding out who is to blame instead of working through the negative stuff. Gotta stop doing that and do real work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 am 

Magnatolia wrote:

Weither you remember the exact situations that caused reactions in you doesn't really matter. It kinda helps obviously. But what I do is focus on feeling.

Think of it like a pond and your swimming around with your eyes closed. You can feel the currents and the ripples on the water. From there you can work out where they are coming from and where they are headed, and what factors are influencing them.

Then you get to the point of being Luke lightsaber training blindfolded on the Millenium Falcon. You don't need to see you just know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Magnatolia wrote:
Pretty much everything I do that relates to women is auto-pilot. To the point I don't even realise I'm doing it. I don't get a nervous feeling in my gut or think to myself 'I have to do x'. Usually it's after the interaction that I realise what I did.
This is why self observation in the moment is so useful.

Also the answers are not in the past, there are clues in the marks they left you with, the answers are in how you react to the present and why NOW!(not the past).

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Also the answers are not in the past, there are clues in the marks they left you with, the answers are in how you react to the present and why NOW!(not the past).
In other words, how the residual effects from the past (marks) affect us now, or rather how we let them affect us in the present.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am 

Has everyone answered those questions for themselves yet...if not get on it!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Star_Above wrote:
Has everyone answered those questions for themselves yet...if not get on it!
All Right, it's for myslef. Wanted to share though. If someone want to help me to dig deep, I'm all in. :D Good for perspective.

Here I go:
Quote:
When did you decide that you were not successful with women?
It was back in 2006, when I was chicken out by a girl that I really really liked, my type of bitch; short, brunette, good tight body, healthy theets(yes tHeets).

When did you decide that women were hard to get?
When I couldn't approach them, and couldn't figure it out why. I was complicating my excistence on purpose without knowing it

When did you decide that women were not easy?
I don't know this one... "Eveybody inside the matrix knows that fact"
I guess when I was pursuing I cannot hold their attention, because I WANTED something from them, so neediness repells love, this I learned the hard way. Stupid Oven!! :oops:

When did you decide that women weren’t naturally attracted to you?
This never has been a problem for me even when I was fatter and my selfsteem was by the floor, but rather my problem was BELIEVING the girls where attracted to me, and the inadecuacy to react whenever in her prescence, also doubting girl was jocking me even when the evidence was resounding

When did you decide that women were naturally attracted to you?
When I believed and confirmed by myself

When did all your women problems go away completely?
This is a hard one, or so I don't think... Well it's a matter of let go, but I don't want or don't know how. I know I still some sort of "need" them so I have to explore that clogged up shit, WHY?. Like I know counsiously but we know the subconsious rules the whole show, so I need to dig a little bit deeper on this one, the emotional reaction is still here I don't fight it though, but not comfortable with it either. :?

When did you become successful with women?
When I believed they became successful at attracting me. The downside is that I also have the avoidance personality with girls, and with some people. I have said this before, is due to a certain fear about them, not shure what kind of fear...