Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 pm 

Ok so I had this correspondence via pm with StephenP and I think it's worth sharing cause it has some pearls of wisdom...

Me:
Quote:
I remember you mentioned that you meditated how you would act if you didn't need anything from anyone and that's what got you the success.

so my question are:

1. did you get laid a lot from the PUA stuff before you did the meditation on 'not wanting' or did you start getting laid a lot only after you did it?

2. is that how you reached indifference?
by meditation on not wanting anything from anyone?
StephenP:
Quote:
Hey Sniper,

No I did not get laid a lot from the PUA stuff (probably 5+ years of hardcore practice) I got a lot of chuckles from girls, but no tail. I kissed one girl in 8th grade, then didn't get laid till age 22. It's all bullshit.

I didn't really type that in detail about the "meditation", but I didn't really think of getting laid (I had been with three girls at this point). It all started honestly when the thought or meditation occurred to me and this might seem like jibberish, but what if nobody liked me anymore, what if my friends ditched me, what if no girl was attracted to me ever again, what if....

...How would I live life?

Basically if I didn't expect anything from life anymore, who would I be?

I then noticed all the little things I was doing that were *trying* to get something from other people and girls (approval, a laugh, attraction, them thinking I'm cool, popularity). And it was hard but I worked at cutting all these things out.
Me:
Quote:
thank you, it makes sense but how did you actually
'cut all these things out'?
StephenP:
Quote:
I think it is a combination of truly getting into the space of a guy who doesn't need any of that stuff listed above, it's just when it comes it comes without trying and it's a nice bonus.

Alternatively, you could try to get into a space of what it would be like if you had like 8 beautiful girls all trying to get with you hard. These are just thought exercises that I went through.

***This in combination with just becoming aware of anytime you are trying to get something from others That could be in your words, in your actions, or in your "energy". This can also include NOT doing things in order to get something from a girl or anyone. For instance, not talking to a girl to appear cool or above her.

An example is I thought you had to be super funny to get laid. So I would always be TRYING to be funny. This wasn't funny this was trying too hard. Instead, I became aware of this and dropped the whole trying to be funny thing. The funny thing is, I have gotten laid and not said one funny thing the whole night.

Then you start noticing subtler and subtler ways you are "trying" and you just stop doing them
Me:
Quote:
this rings a bell: the times that I was the most funny was when I was not trying to be funny. And when I was trying too hard to be funny it didn't work.

ok now to sum this up I'd like to add something. As StephenP mentioned the only way to get there is to watch yourself and your actions, in other words it would not work if you try using an affirmation like: 'I don't need\want anything from anyone...'

And then we can link it to what The Kidd was saying about using logic to overcome emotions and what peregrinus said about space. it also goes hand in hand with what we talked about regarding the observer, accepting emotions and whatever comes up and not trying to fight or
suppress them.

Just today I noticed that I have this lady friend on facebook that I feel like I'm a bit attached to her approval (not to the extent of a simp- but a little bit). As I was thinking about her today I felt angry that I sent her a message and she didn't respond. So I saw that I was approval seeking, observed my anger (how does that bitch dare not to respond to my message :x ). Accepted the emotion (which was anger) :D -
then I felt good and free 8-)

and what do you know?
5 minutes after that process I get a message from her. 'Sniper I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier bla bla bla' (I sent her that message two weeks ago BTW)

well since she had no reason to not reply sooner (cause she was on facebook during those two weeks and nothing bad happened to her) I'm not going to reply to her now. Or maybe I'll reply in a month or so....

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 am 

Quote:
but what if nobody liked me anymore, what if my friends ditched me, what if no girl was attracted to me ever again, what if....

...How would I live life?

Basically if I didn't expect anything from life anymore, who would I be?
I didn't expect any of this to be posted but sniper asked so I said sure. I'll just explain a little bit more. This was probably almost 4 years ago now that I went through this "thought exercise". I was deep into the PUA stuff. It consumed me. I'll note also that I went through exactly what a recent thread discussed where I was led to believe by pickup artist sales copy that I should be able to magically attract every single girl out there. All or nothing or I would feel like shit about myself. This caused me to be so needy for signs of attraction, and I would look at every single girl needing a sign of attraction from her or I would feel terrible and go looking for the next $300 product that promised this impossible ideal.

I also read a little bit of Rion at this time :roll: But I was going out and approaching up to 20 girls a night, approaching girls on the street trying every new magical tactic. Trying really hard, it got me all of nowhere.

Finally I was basically broke and worn myself way too thin from going out to bars every night, not getting enough sleep and sick of not getting girls for all the money I was spending. So I decided to take a break from it all.

It was during this time that I came up with the thought exercise of "what if God himself told me no girls would be attracted to you at all in this lifetime" also "what if I didn't need anything from anyone" and alternatively sometimes "What if I had more girls than I had time for"

How would I live my life, how would I be?

This isn't giving up, or folding, or quitting at life or anything, alternatively I found it released a lot of these bullshit unrealistic beliefs that PUA's instilled in me and It rather, freed me of a lot of emotional baggage and bad emotions.

For instance, when I really gave time to the question "what if God himself came down and said no girl will ever be attracted to you in this life, you will be alone your whole life" This is what I found after accepting this as a thought exercise and being truthful to myself. first of all I would not give up on life, i might be depressed for a liittle while, but wouldn't end it or anything. Like any bummer in life, it sucks but then you eventually accept it and move on. I found accepting this as a possibility to be very freeing. I also learned a lot about myself and how I really want to be as a person. Here's some more of what I found when answering honestly:

I would still go out to the bars, but would just enjoy myself. I would still check out gorgeous girls, they just wouldn't be THE reason for going out, I would maybe even talk to them if they seemed interesting. But it would be from a totally different mindset. I wouldn't keep trying to be funny if I didn't feel like it to try to convert them into being attracted to me. I wouldn't tell exaggerated "DHV's" to make them think I'm cool. I would be real, in fact I would probably ask a lot of questions to learn more about who they are as a person. I wouldn't approach or feel like I have to approach every single girl out there to master the "art of pickup". I wouldn't do bullshit for a girl just to possibly get some tail. I would be focused on myself, being healthy, making money at something I enjoyed, I would do things I wanted to do. And on and on and on.

I found a great transformation in myself after this time, and I also found that when I went to the bar, enjoyed myself and gave up on the idea of trying to get chics or to be this super pick up artist who gets every girl, I started to become aware that in fact girls were looking at me frequently, and a couple even approached. (This didn't happen before because I didn't provide the space. I was too busy and too quickly approaching every single girl I could within 3 seconds being creepy wanabe player guy)

I then noticed a girl who kept looking over at me, so I thought what the hell lets go talk to her, but no PUA crap!! I thought for sure it would be a lame conversation and she'd blow me off. I think I asked her how's it going, what's her name, what does she do, where is she from, talked about the weather (all no no's right? wrong), and she reciprocated with the conversation. She asked me to come to a different bar with her and her friends and then ended up asking for *my* number and texted me the next day. This was eye opening, and a turning point in my life.

Maybe this helps some of you, I don't know it's just what I did years ago before I knew of a place like this. But honestly, you could just drop all your preconceived notions, read Kidd's stuff and live the high life.

That whole story culminates in what amounts to the long way to Observation and then doing exactly as Kidd has spelled out from there.

Getting girls is not that hard, go to a bar, you notice a girl who keeps looking at you, you go say how's it going, have some normal chit chat like you would if you ran into a friend, and it will honestly just happen because she likes you and you don't do any dumb PUA shit to fuck it up.

*Shrugs*,

EDIT for clarification: (I call these thought exercises so nobody gets confused and thinks it's law of attraction or some other snake oil. It simply helped me to learn and become more aware of myself, like in the OP where I found I was trying to be funny to try and get a girl attracted to me. This is needy. So I am now aware, it's now up to me to drop this)

Last edited by StephenP on Sun May 22, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:12 am 

Getting girls is not that hard, go to a bar, you notice a girl who keeps looking at you, you go say how's it going, have some normal chit chat like you would if you ran into a friend, and it will honestly just happen because she likes you and you don't do any dumb PUA shit to fuck it up.

[/quote]

Hmm, which came first, bars or women... 8-)

Great post.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:01 am 

Quote:
For instance, when I really gave time to the question "what if God himself came down and said no girl will ever be attracted to you in this life, you will be alone your whole life" This is what I found after accepting this as a thought exercise and being truthful to myself. first of all I would not give up on life, i might be depressed for a liittle while, but wouldn't end it or anything. Like any bummer in life, it sucks but then you eventually accept it and move on. I found accepting this as a possibility to be very freeing. I also learned a lot about myself and how I really want to be as a person. Here's some more of what I found when answering honestly:

I would still go out to the bars, but would just enjoy myself. I would still check out gorgeous girls, they just wouldn't be THE reason for going out, I would maybe even talk to them if they seemed interesting. But it would be from a totally different mindset. I wouldn't keep trying to be funny if I didn't feel like it to try to convert them into being attracted to me. I wouldn't tell exaggerated "DHV's" to make them think I'm cool. I would be real, in fact I would probably ask a lot of questions to learn more about who they are as a person. I wouldn't approach or feel like I have to approach every single girl out there to master the "art of pickup". I wouldn't do bullshit for a girl just to possibly get some tail. I would be focused on myself, being healthy, making money at something I enjoyed, I would do things I wanted to do. And on and on and on.

I found a great transformation in myself after this time, and I also found that when I went to the bar, enjoyed myself and gave up on the idea of trying to get chics or to be this super pick up artist who gets every girl, I started to become aware that in fact girls were looking at me frequently, and a couple even approached. (This didn't happen before because I didn't provide the space. I was too busy and too quickly approaching every single girl I could within 3 seconds being creepy wanabe player guy)

I then noticed a girl who kept looking over at me, so I thought what the hell lets go talk to her, but no PUA crap!! I thought for sure it would be a lame conversation and she'd blow me off. I think I asked her how's it going, what's her name, what does she do, where is she from, talked about the weather (all no no's right? wrong), and she reciprocated with the conversation. She asked me to come to a different bar with her and her friends and then ended up asking for *my* number and texted me the next day. This was eye opening, and a turning point in my life.
So it all comes together here as the kidd says look to see what likes you and conversation really doesn't matter just got to look for the other subtle shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:14 am 

thanks for the elaboration ;)
Quote:
I was deep into the PUA stuff. It consumed me. I'll note also that I went through exactly what a recent thread discussed where I was led to believe by pickup artist sales copy that I should be able to magically attract every single girl out there. All or nothing
as I wrote on that other thread, that's exacly the kind of thing that fucked up my mindset and held down my progress.
Scarface's progress was also held down due to that limiting belief (which he got because of reading too much PUA stuff).

since it's importent I'll give a link to the original thread where Scarface pointed it out to me:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =21&t=1060

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:32 am 

This is awesome! Thank you very much StephenP. I'll re-read it again today.

This has to go to the treasure chest! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:20 pm 

Quote:
An example is I thought you had to be super funny to get laid. So I would always be TRYING to be funny. This wasn't funny this was trying too hard. Instead, I became aware of this and dropped the whole trying to be funny thing. The funny thing is, I have gotten laid and not said one funny thing the whole night.
oh and this...
You know there were many times that I made women laugh, it actually came natural to me I didn't have to try very hard. However, although I made them laugh they didn't want me and ended up going out and sleeping with guys who seemed much more boring and didn't make them laugh much.

another thing I remember is that at some point when I was trying to be cocky and funny or to to use humor or other tactics to 'lower a girl's value'- girls were blowing me off and I remember two times I almost got into fights because of the cocky funny thing :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 am 

Thanks Sniper and StephenP, I know this is an older thread but got me thinking. I'm going to do this but my question to myself is going to be 'What would my life be like if there were no women?' Imagine literally a world without women...

Oh and on the humour thing it's kinda funny cause I always believed the opposite but then it all got fucked up when I started reading that humour is attractive to girls and seeing guys doing the cocky/funny, goofball routine and getting so much attention from the girls. But then I had the 'a HA' moment. These girls aren't attracted to the guy, they're getting an emotional spike which is a bit like a sugar hit. Comes on fast, goes away just as fast. And they're off to find the next hit.

And laughter is the arch-enemy to sexual tension. Generally most guys will smile at a girl as a form of 'I'm friendly, do you like me?' A girl who you've just met is more likely to giggle when there's sexual tension if you don't know her but then as you get to know her more she is able to handle the tension more. So these 'funny' guys aren't generating any kind of sexual interest from her.

I was at a singles party with a bunch of girls I know and this guy comes up to us. Just reels off joke after joke. The girls thought he was funny but weren't interested at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 am 

Haha, glad it helped Magnatolia and others.

Looking back on this is funny.

Wait till you start accepting some of this stuff here, then start getting girls, then realizing that this place is not really about getting girls at all :o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:20 am 

StephenP wrote:
Haha, glad it helped Magnatolia and others.

Looking back on this is funny.

Wait till you start accepting some of this stuff here, then start getting girls, then realizing that this place is not really about getting girls at all :o
[ img ]

:mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!