Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Brent Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:54 am 

Brent also is a really helpful guy and answers questions, in his newsletters/facebook... I asked him a question on Facebook yesterday and he made a video response and sent it out in his newsletter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNe1cGh4ASs

Its about dealing with resistance/doubt when creating your new life/chaning your story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm 

Nice Video Veg, thanks for sharing.

Now Vegnao and TML I must ask you something...

I'm not trying to say that Brent's stuff is not good or doesn't work, he does have some good insights. However I was just talking about him with my friend, in a nutshell:

Brent is guy who's rich (because he charges outrageous amounts of money for his seduction boot camps) and he is also better looking than a lot of Hollywood actors. But for whatever reason he denies these "little" factors help him with women.

Any guy who looks like a model, rich and lives in LA can have success if he just has a healthy self esteem and social skills.

I'm not saying Brent's stuff is not good: just look at the the whole picture and think how easy it is for a guy like that to 'create' a new life story for himself Vs. a guy who doesn't look like a model, isn't rich and doesn't live in LA....

I have become very cautious in believing these teachers after: you know who.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm 

First thing to say. He now only gives coaching to rich men anymore thats why his coachings are very expensive. They are not thought for ordinary men. The normal coachings were like 1500$ I guess. His best students now lead the normal coachings for around 999$ a weekend.

And he said in my occasions that he has/had the richest and best looking men coming to him because they didn't have success with women at all. And he has stories to share about guys who don't look like succesful with women at all getting tons of women. Its all about the story in our head and this story is changeable! As long as a man thinks that he's not succesful with women because he doesn't look that good, he won't be succesful. But as soon as he really thinks that he's one hell of a sexy man, he is attractive like hell.
There's much truth in Cory Skyys words when he writes "if you put me in your physical body, the way you are right now I would still have great choice with women no matter how big you are tall, short, old skinny etc."

Brent also started very poor. He lived in his car, didn't have any money and one day started to change his story. What he teaches, he's gone through himself. He wasn't successful with women at all. There would be more to doubt about Cory skyy since he says that he always was comfortable around women and had good success. But I don't doubt anything about Corys stuff ;)

And there are soo many succesful students of Brent out there (the ones that really wanted to change and took the steps to change). You can listen to quite many interviews on free-indifference.com. And they don't look like movie stars ;) And Brent isn't that handsome as you described him, in my opinion 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:48 pm 

This Brent guy is probably the only 'guru' I have some respect for. His story echoes mine in a lot of ways...especially the whole was once unsuccessful with women and everything he teaches he went thru personally and perfected it himself. He's probably the closest thing to the Caucasian version of me that I am aware of.

Part of my stigma is because I'm African-American (mixed actually, but whatevs)...most people (especially guys of other nationalities) just write me off because of COURSE Black guys get chicks. I'm sure this Brent guy is a much easier sell to rich white guys than I would ever be.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
of COURSE Black guys get chicks.
I'm looking forward to living up to THAT stereotype. :twisted:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 pm 

Then you should be happy with the all black men have large penises stereotype.

Sniper I thought you didn't like Brent because of a review someone had of his coaching.

And what kind of visualisations?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 pm 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
Sniper I thought you didn't like Brent because of a review someone had of his coaching.

And what kind of visualisations?
Well, Brent gave me a few good ideas. Nothing that rocked my world but a few good insights....
I wouldn't pay for coaching\boot camp with him and I didn't even pay for his podcasts :)
so what the heck....

visualize your life as you want it to be basically.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 pm 
@The Kidd and Alchemist

And there's a good reason why it's a stereotype...black guys having success is just as common as finding tasteless tomatoes in Romanian supermarkets. If I would be a rich guy and noticed that I have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for professional coaching...I wouldn't choose neither a black guy nor a "Mr. I look better than Brad Pitt" like Brent...probably. I think Brent always got laid, probably not as much as now but he definetly got laid. That "I wasn't at all good with women till I was 30 when I met some ugly midget that showed me the way" ...which is a very popular marketing scheme guys like Zan, and probably the rest of them also, uses that it makes me sick...

Seeing a tall good looking black guy with a hot chick or seeing a guy like Brent Smith with a hot chick is just as amazing as seeing David Beckham score a penalty shot....or seeing Ronney Coleman lift a chair. For whatever reason the typical community guy joins the community after seeing for like 20 years good looking guys "scoring" hot girls in highschool and so on....but suddenly when they see Brent Smith with a hot girl they're like "did you see that? that guru hooked up with that gorgeous babe". Wake up, people! Stop being so easily impressed by things that you've seen all your life happening.

And all this "I wasn't getting laid cause I wasn't confident" thing... come on, guys...cut it out. That doesn't imply that all your attributes that other people don't have aren't helping you. By not being confident or lacking observation skills...you simply stopped something that would normally happen... now that you're confident you're simply letting your physical qualities do the job...

Now I'm not saying Brent is full of shit or The Kidd is full of shit. I'm sure they have valuable information to share and they can help guys change things that...they can change. But, "stereotypical" guys, admit it that your natural physical characteristics help you a lot with women and mostly because of them, it's not a big deal that you have it easier and have more options than the average/bellow average Joe.

What did society teach us about being an attractive man? We labeled it "social conditioning"...but have in mind that ALL GURUS have some of the qualities that SOCIETY taught us to be attractive. I'll make a post about this and why I believe some gurus get laid...besides being confident.

----------------

<<<There's much truth in Cory Skyys words when he writes "if you put me in your physical body, the way you are right now I would still have great choice with women no matter how big you are tall, short, old skinny etc." >>>

How the fuck does Cory Skyy know that? Is Cory Skyy a shapeshifter? Is he a stalker...stalking the hot women he has been with to see if they hook up with ugly guys after they leave him? This stuff is stupid. You can ask a woman why she hooked up with you and she'll say because of your attitude...but in the same time...she might be lieing to not seem shallow. Women worry a lot what people think of them...most women. I agree that not-so-good-looking guys can get pretty nice women... but saying that it's a fact that if you would put Cory Skyy in Sean Stephenson's body he will have 100% the same results... it's just retarded...no offense :)

----------------

Bad looking guys that are very confident usually get laid because girls get intrigued "Why is he so confident?"

----------------

Now I imagine two guys:

One of them is a "fat ass mother f*cker" eating pizza all day and playing video games. He stumbled upon the community and found these "visualization guys" and started doing affirmations and visualizing for an year or so while eating pizza and playing video games. At the end...he was a pretty confident fat pizza eating guy who plays video games. The other guy was also fat and a WoW player. He thought he should stop living like that, started working out 3 times a week, completely changed his eating habbits, started doing cardio and in 8 months he was fit and looked great. In the 12th month .... the guy looked in the mirror and said "Wow.... damn! This is something. I'm looooooooookin' gooooood!" He didn't needed any affirmations, visualisations, getting over resistance and shit like that.... resistance is probably your body telling you you're doing it wrong and you shouldn't lie to yourself. He also got a big confidence increase from the continous progress he was making. Seeing that you're good at something and evolving is a much better way of evolving than tricking your neurology. Now which one of these two guys will be more succesful with women? The guy who's a fat pizza eating WoW player but with an increased confidence from lieing himself with visualizations ....or the genuinely confident fit guy with a healthy lifestyle ?

------------

I've asked my best friends that get laid a lot if they think they're "sexy mother fuckers" and they all said "not at all". Being an ugly guy and thinking you're Brad Pitt is just lame... I've met plenty of modest guys getting laid a lot...
After talking to many people and so on...I believe it is way more important to NOT FEEL UNATTRACTIVE than to feel like you're this super-sexy individual.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 am 

Quote:
One of them is a "fat ass mother f*cker" eating pizza all day and playing video games. He stumbled upon the community and found these "visualization guys" and started doing affirmations and visualizing for an year or so while eating pizza and playing video games. At the end...he was a pretty confident fat pizza eating guy who plays video games. The other guy was also fat and a WoW player. He thought he should stop living like that, started working out 3 times a week, completely changed his eating habbits, started doing cardio and in 8 months he was fit and looked great. In the 12th month .... the guy looked in the mirror and said "Wow.... damn! This is something. I'm looooooooookin' gooooood!" He didn't needed any affirmations, visualisations, getting over resistance and shit like that.... resistance is probably your body telling you you're doing it wrong and you shouldn't lie to yourself. He also got a big confidence increase from the continous progress he was making. Seeing that you're good at something and evolving is a much better way of evolving than tricking your neurology. Now which one of these two guys will be more succesful with women? The guy who's a fat pizza eating WoW player but with an increased confidence from lieing himself with visualizations ....or the genuinely confident fit guy with a healthy lifestyle ?
This, in a nutshell, is a BIG part of what I preach. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 am 
Well, if your "method" is "get the best out of yourself by being the best you can be physically, in your professional life, sexually and in all other aspects, have a confident attitude after reaching a certain level of high self esteem AND valuing your own attractiveness (it's pretty hard to be really confident when you have a micropenis for example or you're 3 ft tall and broke) ...and focus on the receptive girls while having a non-needy attitude when you're rejected by uninterested girls ... then I can say you're more of a real deal than most community guys who sell stuff.

You just brag a bit too much :)

People will always have chemistry with some people and won't have it with others. Sometimes you don't connect because of lack of chemistry. Scientists have proven that there are biological factors that also contribute when choosing our partners...so there's no Mr. Absolutely Perfect For Everyone.

An idea that came to me now ...mostly for reducing social anxiety is: Stop thinking that you HAVE TO BE ATTRACTIVE everywhere all the time. Stop putting pressure on yourself. Some people will like you, some will not. Some people will be attracted to you, others won't. Just relax, be natural and stop worrying. What's the worse that could happen? Some people not liking you in that room? Some women not being attracted to you? So what? There's a whole world out there. What's the worse that could happen if someone found out something bad about you? What? Are they perfect? If their last name is not Norris I really doubt it. Embrace your 2 star qualities but don't forget about your 5 star ones.

Iulian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 am 

Quote:
I think Brent always got laid, probably not as much as now but he definetly got laid. That "I wasn't at all good with women till I was 30 when I met some ugly midget that showed me the way" ...which is a very popular marketing scheme guys like Zan, and probably the rest of them also, uses that it makes me sick...
I don't beleive that Brent was a loser with women until 'some ugly midget' showed him the light no more than I believe that Rion was so bad with women until one day he saw the light after watching pretty asian smiley girls on youtube (And as I mentioned: that Marcus dude that people worship on realm: he looks like a model and has a high paying job in London which grants him a high social status. He didn't become a ladies men just from 'natural grounding')

And so what if they says so, does that make it true?

Like you, I beleive it's a marketing pitch used by a lot of teachers in the industry such as Zan and Adam L. More about those guys here:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=675
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=673

However, that does not mean that Brent, Zan or even Rion are full of shit and that their advise is worthless. there is the other side of the coin which is believes and knowing your value. That's why you often see ugly or broke dudes get laid with beautiful women (more on that later..)
Quote:
For whatever reason the typical community guy joins the community after seeing for like 20 years good looking guys "scoring" hot girls in highschool and so on....but suddenly when they see Brent Smith with a hot girl they're like "did you see that? that guru hooked up with that gorgeous babe". Wake up, people! Stop being so easily impressed by things that you've seen all your life happening.
more on that later :)

Quote:
And all this "I wasn't getting laid cause I wasn't confident" thing... come on, guys...cut it out. That doesn't imply that all your attributes that other people don't have aren't helping you. By not being confident or lacking observation skills...you simply stopped something that would normally happen... now that you're confident you're simply letting your physical qualities do the job...
The other side of the Coin is:
Remember that all women are different....
Some women will only go out with a tall guy, other girls love a sense of humor and they don't care if the guy is tall or not. Some women love the bad boy alpha male and some love the shy guy. Some women love intelligent guys (as long as they are not boring) and some women are shallow and don't care if the guy is intelligent or not. Some girls love Black men and some will only date white men.

It's the same with guys: some want big tits, for other guys it doesn't matter that much.
I love Asian women, some men don't like that kind of beauty. I love dark skin and black women, my cousin only dates white women because he does not like black or dark skin. I could go on but you see my point?

So as The Kidd said: find out what makes you unique and develope that.
More about beleives:

I see ugly dudes or broke slobs who you'd think would have nothing to offer women. And yet, they still get beautiful women. Why?
because they beleive they can. They didn't let society tell them that they can't get women because they are like this. Take David X for example:
he is short and I don't think he was ever that good looking (even when he was young).
What did he do?
he didn't listen to women who told him that he is not tall or good looking enough. He just went after what he wanted and got it....
Quote:
What did society teach us about being an attractive man? We labeled it "social conditioning"...but have in mind that ALL GURUS have some of the qualities that SOCIETY taught us to be attractive. I'll make a post about this and why I believe some gurus get laid...besides being confident.
well, I answered this above but I'll add something. There is another factor in which The Kidd talked about and that is: The geography factor.
In the Ukraine for example: tons of beautiful women and most men over there are drunk, drug addicts or just bums. So if I go there (for example) my stocks would rise much more than in Israel. Philippines: about three women to every man + Asian women love white men so when people from the west go there their stocks naturally rise. And if they have money then:
that's even more stocks for them.
Quote:
<<<There's much truth in Cory Skyys words when he writes "if you put me in your physical body, the way you are right now I would still have great choice with women no matter how big you are tall, short, old skinny etc." >>>

How the fuck does Cory Skyy know that? Is Cory Skyy a shapeshifter?
This is something we will never know for sure I guess....
Quote:
put Cory Skyy in Sean Stephenson's body he will have 100% the same results... it's just retarded...no offense :)
Of course not ;)
saying something like put me in any body and I'll have the same success rate is a bold and false claim. However I beleive that with his mindset he would still have success if you put him in an avrage body. Maybe not 100% success rate but he will have some success (notice I said avrage body not Sean Stephenson's body or in a body of a really fat man)

no offense for Sean Stephenson ;)

Sean Stephenson found what makes him unique and developed those qualities and built himself up. I don't think he gets models but I beleive he does have success with decent looking women. But Sean Stephenson is kind of extreme example you know.....
Quote:
Bad looking guys that are very confident usually get laid because girls get intrigued "Why is he so confident?"
Women love confidence even more than looks. So to answer your question: Yes!!
Quote:
Now I imagine two guys:

Of course affirmations are not everything. One needs to develope himself and be the best man he can be on all levels (as The Kidd said). If a guy is eating pizza all day- even if he says all day long: I am healthy, it's not going to be true and he knows it.

However: If a guy went to the Gym and he now looks great but his inner beleives are still:
I'm a loser then he can work with affirmations to accept 'the new him'.
A few years ago I felt like a loser and no matter how many times people told me what a great guy I am- I never beleived them (because I felt like shit from the inside).

example:
People used to come to me for advise over and over again because they thought I was smart.
No matter how many times people kept coming to me for advise and told me I was smart: I never believed them. Now that I feel good about myself, if someone thinks I'm smart and tells me that: I will beleive him. Cause I changed my inner beleives such as: 'I'm not good enough or I'm not smart enough'.
Quote:
I've asked my best friends that get laid a lot if they think they're "sexy mother fuckers" and they all said "not at all". Being an ugly guy and thinking you're Brad Pitt is just lame... I've met plenty of modest guys getting laid a lot...
After talking to many people and so on...I believe it is way more important to NOT FEEL UNATTRACTIVE than to feel like you're this super-sexy individual
You don't need to think that you are a sexy mother fucker. That's just one of Corry's affirmations that he uses because he feels it's a good affirmation for Him.
It's enough to just know that you are an attractive guy in whatever way:
it doesn't have to be looks. Find what makes you unique and go with that....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:43 am 

Quote:
Well, if your "method" is "get the best out of yourself by being the best you can be physically, in your professional life, sexually and in all other aspects, have a confident attitude after reaching a certain level of high self esteem AND valuing your own attractiveness (it's pretty hard to be really confident when you have a micropenis for example or you're 3 ft tall and broke) ...and focus on the receptive girls while having a non-needy attitude when you're rejected by uninterested girls ... then I can say you're more of a real deal than most community guys who sell stuff.

Well, once people start tooting my horn a bit more like they do for my White contemporaries, I won't have to any more. ;)

Oh, and eventually....if you haven't yet...you'll know for yourself that I am indeed the real deal. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am 

Wow, lots of stuff to answer, nice discussion. I will keep my answer short.

- You can say whatever you want but success starts in one's own mind. A man who doesn't believe that he deserves any women or success and he looks bad like hell etc. won't get laid. Or in rare occasions only, or to the women he doesn't find attractive. But a man who loves himself and finds himself attractive and truly believes that he's a sexy motherfucker, accepts that he doesn't look like Jude Law, will get laid, a lot. Because what he thinks about himself is his attitude, his charisma and THIS is irresistible.

- Every guy I know so far who followed Brents teachings, automatically started to change on other levels than his mindset. They started to eat healthier, often went to the gym now, dressed better etc. Its a normal byproduct I'd say. And good looks or a good appearance is benefical, no doubt about it. Brent mentiones this too, like getting oneself some nice clothes and and "suit up" a bit ;)
Because as soon as you start to change something about you, its easier to change other things too. A fat man who started to work on his mindset and feels better about himself my start to eat less or doing sports because he now knows that he can change!

- I would stop being so pessimistic about this, really. And never forget that the real goal of indifference is feeling awesome about yourself no matter what. Being happy just with yourself, being carefree. Thats the goal!

- Visualizations/Affirmations/Positive self-talk isn't more lying than negative thoughts like "oh god, I'm such a loser", "I'm fat, I'll never get laid". As Brent says, its not lying but creating. You create your new reality. And contrary to Rion or Zan, there are plenty of crazy testimonials about Brents teaching out there and I have contact with many of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am 

Iulian, what's up with your fixation on a small dick/being broke being a detrimental factor in relation to women? I know enough guys who you would think don't fit the bill yet they're fuckin', and in long term relationships with women who are in love with them.

Not saying good health, looks and a good career don't make a difference but for fuck's sake, even homeless guys can get in.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:37 pm 

let me just add something here...

At my first year of high school some evil girls told me: 'Sniper you are ugly' in my face.
at that year I felt like shit from the inside so I was an easy target for stupid evil bitches.

Then, during the summer I had a mind shift and decided I was not going to take any shit from any bitch- I changed my mindset.

And then: the second year of high school girls suddently start telling me that I'm good looking. :)

All I did was change my haircut (to somthing I thought was more cool). There is a dress code in school so I didn't changed my clothing that much. And I still had the same body.....

so this is just one small example of how a mindset change - actually changed everything.

Now there were also ugly dudes at my school that girls would never call them ugly in their face and they also had girlfriends. Why? because they were confident and if a bitch told them: 'you are ugly' they would have front blasted that bitch.

So this is just one example of how a mindset could sometimes be everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:18 pm 

I too was called ugly to my face for most of my young life...having been on both sides of the coin (unlike having been born beautiful and athletic like Zan and others) is what makes my method so well rounded, regardless of whether I'm Black or not.

Oh, and Iulian...
Quote:
...and you talk about small dicks a bit too much. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:28 am 

I say if affirmations make a guy happy, why the hell not. Some guys growing up have the right mindset that allows them to easily get women. It is subconscious however, so it feels natural to them. Thats why the advice "be yourself" works for them because they are operating with positive beliefs. They may not be consciously thinking I'm a sexy motherfucker, but they have some kind of belief that makes them successful.

Modern science still hasn't unlocked the complexities of the human brain. Just think about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, how irrational are those behaviors yet the anxiety it produces for people is very real. Or how about being agoraphobic? The problem is if a guy has a deep rooted belief that he doesn't deserve women he will always run into trouble. External validation does not always effect one's own self image.

This is why I believe affirmations are useful. If a guy gets results, then who gives a shit? Everyone's got their own way and I respect that. Use what works for you, but don't knock it until you have tried it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 am 

Another video by Brent which should make some stuff (about looks...) clear that has been discussed here in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mKuO5J4424

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am 

But what about all this Front+Clout I've been reading so much about?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:00 pm 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
But what about all this Front+Clout I've been reading so much about?
well Brent didn't mean that if you sit on your butt and just watch TV all day and play video games you will be pulling hot models. He meant to say that you don't have to have model looks or be rich in order to pull beautiful women.

in regards to Front+Clout,

The seduction Gurus:

If they are doing well with women, they are also excelling in other areas of their lives - business, working out, dressing right, developing their hobbies, passions and etc...

Brent is spending time working out, buying the right clothes, getting tanned, coloring his hair and so on. He does it in order to keep looking good + he puts a lot of time and energy in his business....

Zan works out and probably worked a lot on his story telling abilities to attract people into his fantasy world. He also knows a lot of poems so he probably spent a lot of time reading books.
He also spends time learning to play the guitar which is his passion and hobby.

David D. is working hard on his businesses and internet marketing.

Johnny Soporno spends a lot of time and energy on marketing his porn Bizz

Even Mystery worked his ass off: to learn magic, to work on his looks and he is literally *obsessed* with going out...

(So you won't find a guru who looks like crap, living in his mom's basement and pulling models. The guys pulling models generally work on all aspects of themselves.)